“Never go there again”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Cross street: 6th Avenue
Transit: N-R-Q-W to 57th street Station E-V to 5th avenue Station F to 57th Street Station
Reviewed 23 December 2012

We 10 people went there last night. It's a totally nightmare! Wait for almost an hour after ordering. The waitress was rude and made several mistakes on our bills. Fortunately we found the mistakes otherwise we would pay extra 10% on our bill.

Food there is not too bad. But the attitude of the waitress made us disgusted.

The tip is mandatory 20% over 6 people though they offered terrible service.

I will never go to this terrible place again!!

Reviewed 16 December 2012

roasted corn tea, very good; service was "ok", but the food was awesome; 2 in our party had this awesome house martini..can't remember the name...

Reviewed 12 September 2012

We ordered Dol Sot Bimbim Bop and Kalbi. The Bimbim Bop was good, except that the egg was overdone and yolk was cooked before I could mix it. The Kalbi was below average (tough and chewy), very small portion, and much too expensive ($30 for a small plate).

It had a bistro-like atmosphere, which was intentional, so they did what they set out to do there. It wasn't really our thing, though, we decided after a while. We prefer our Korean places traditional, with tons of ban-chan, lots of smoke and steam, and big plates of meat. Korean barbecue just doesn't feel right in such a polished atmosphere...

1  Thank steve c
Reviewed 22 June 2012

I tried this restaurant twice and have not been disapointed:
- service is nice
- food is good and with large portion

Reviewed 27 April 2012

The barbecue ribs I had were fantastic. I'm a bit of a BBQ connoisseur, both pork and beef. In my opinion, Chom Chom ranked among the best I've ever had, even in Texas or Tennessee. I travel regularly to NYC for business, and when in Midtown, I make it a point to stop by. I've been to about 4 other Korean restaurants in NYC, and while they were good, Chom Chom is my favorite.