“Welcoming & Great Hospitality”
Review of Row NYC Hotel

Row NYC Hotel
Ranked #351 of 468 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I flew in from LA and was greeted by Cesar at the front desk. He was so warm and welcoming. Made me feel at home immediately. Showed me around a bit and let me know he was there if I needed anything. This is the kind of service that means everything when you are at a hotel you've never been to. He offered me a complementary cocktail voucher as a bonus. I went straight to the lounge to have a drink and some food.

After a long day at work, I was tired and didn't have the energy to go back out for treats. Tiffany took it upon herself, taking special time out and brought a treat to my room so that I could rest before my flight back to Los Angeles in the morning.

I'd come back to this hotel if I know they had more like Caesar & Tiffany representing them!

Next time you are in NYC, stay at ROW NYC and feel right at home :)

LM - Woodland HIlls, CA

Room Tip: Small but comfortable rooms
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Row NYC Hotel

Reviewed 3 June 2014

I will not go i to detail but lets just say I have never had a hotel go way above and beyond for us as the Row did. The staff was very friendly, the hotel very clean and just beautiful inside. The hotel is with very penny you pay!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Charlene E
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights with my daughter. I requested and got a room on a high floor. The view towards the Hudson river was amazing.

Rooms are not enormous but comfortable and clean.

We enjoyed drinks in the bar on a couple of evenings and used the concierge service to book a helicopter ride. The service was good throughout - the staff at check in could have been a bit more cheerful but we couldn't fault their service.

This hotel is within walking distance to many attraction and was perfect for our first visit to New York. Would definitely stay there again.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Room is dirty, fingerprints everywhere, pubes in the tub, dirty shower curtain. But, the location is right in the heart of a The Theater District. The check-in process was easy and the staff was very friendly.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Brooke_5505
Don_Jacinto, General Manager at Row NYC Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear Brooke_5505,

Thank you for your extremely concerning review of our hotel. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the serious cleanliness issues you encountered during your stay with us. While I’m pleased to hear you had positive exchanges with my staff and your check-in process went smoothly, no amount of friendliness or efficiency can replace a room that did not meet your standards or, by your description, ours either. My only wish is that you had brought these deficiencies to our attention while you were still in house so that we could have had the opportunity to address them immediately for you. That said, I sincerely hope that you will be back again so that we can better demonstrate the quality of our service standards and provide you with a true Row NYC experience.

- Don

Reviewed 3 June 2014

I stayed at the ROW with two friends this past weekend. The hotel is nice and modern and in a great location just one block west of Times Square. The staff are very nice and attentive. The room was clean and had a good amount of space for a downtown hotel. The only negative is the noise. I had seen other reviews stating the same thing and they were right. We were on the 10th floor, facing 8th Avenue. Most nights we had to sleep with ear plugs in because of the street noise and on Friday and Saturday night the bar across the street has a live band and we could hear every word they were singing. They need to install more sound proof windows. I stayed at the Marriott Marquis last June, which is right on Times Square and did not hear any noise. Other than the noise it was a very pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on a higher floor and that doesn't face 8th Avenue. It would be quieter.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank debw1306
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We were in NY to visit our son and stayed at Row NYC. The hotel is decorated beautifully and is very fresh and clean inside. Don was very helpful when we checked in . . . very courteous and fast. The restaurant is nice and spacious - lots of seating . . . quick service in the morning for breakfast and a nice spot in the evening for coctails (thank you Jonathan and Megan!). Overall, a very pleasant experience!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Cheryl B
Reviewed 3 June 2014

The hotel was a great spot for my first trip to NYC. It was reasonable in price compared to other hotels in the area. There was a subway stop a block away and it was about a 15 minute or less walk to most attractions in the area. It was a little noisy, but nothing unexpected for the area. Overall it was a great stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple