“Fantastic spot”

Row NYC Hotel
Ranked #354 of 469 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Row hotel offers an amazing location. Near the theater district we walked steps to our Broadway shows and great bars and restaurants!. Close to Time Square and all of Hot Spots!! Rooms are not overly large but clean and comfortable! We arrived back to the hotel nightly to find great entertainment in the lounge!

Room Tip: Ask for higher floors to avoid some of the noise from the traffic!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank sdicharme110
Eric_Foley, General Manager at Row NYC Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear sdicharme110,

Thank you for your lovely review of our hotel. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your most recent stay with us, and appreciate your kind comments recognizing our prime location, clean and comfortable rooms and nightly entertainment in our restaurant/bar, District M. We hope to have you back soon!

Reviewed 4 August 2014

The Row has is a refurbished Hotel and some of the details are really lacking.
Paintwork is already chipping.
The elevators are the best thing about the Hotel. efficient and totally logical.
The rooms are tiny and very basic so hopefully you are only needing the Hotel to sleep. The Lobby is dark and up a flight of stairs or a tiny elevator when you enter... There is an obnoxious perfume in the air so if you have allergies or issues with scents be prepared .
The staff were very friendly ..
The Hotel is in the centre of anything you would need .. minutes to literally everything
Breakfast was very expensive and really you are paying top dollar as you are in the heart of tourist central.

Room Tip: There is really no choice there are no great views.. Ask for a higher up room make sure you don'...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ripoff65

Dear Ripoff65,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, as it can only allow us to improve. We are thrilled to hear you found our prime location so convenient and loved our efficient elevator system. Thank you for your kind comments recognizing our customer service driven staff. We regret to hear your room was not up to our standards, I have notified the appropriate departments and measures to rectify these concerns will be processed in a timely manner. We hope to have you back soon.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

The hotel is in an EXCELLENT location! The service was great! And the price was very good for summer (high) season. It is a very busy hotel but this did not impede on good service. Room sizes are pretty average for NYC and very clean. The breakfasts at District M (the hotel breakfast area...and bar), had good, healthy options and the service from the District M staff was EXCELLENT! A special thank you to Patrick, Pedro (I believe), and a huge THANK YOU to AARON (hope I spelled that right). Aaron welcomed us each morning with a smile, excellent service, assistance with places to see and good conversation with us CANADIANS...eh?!?! Starting your mornings off with friendly hotel/restaurant staff was an added bonus to our stay. I have worked in the hospitality industry and know good service when I see it and this hotel has it all!! Well worth it for these two Canadians!

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank CDNLUVSNYC

Dear CDNLUVSNYC,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are overjoyed to hear you had such a wonderful experience while staying with us. It gives us great pleasure to hear you enjoyed our excellent location and that Aaron as well as the rest of the District M team provided such memorable customer service. We love what we do, and hope to have you back again soon!

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Stayed here for 1 night for a girls night out-show & dinner in NYC. Great location. Room was great. Big enough for us to move around in. The black out shades were awesome, thought it was the middle of the night @ 8AM! Our check-in process was quick & our room was ready by noon! Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Dear bweiny,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We loved to hear your enjoyed our prime location and that our black out shades made for a restful sleep. We hope to have you back soon!

Reviewed 3 August 2014

I went to New York for 3 days for my 21st and it was the best holiday I've ever had, Row NYC Hotel (When I went it was called the Milford Plaza) was amazing, lots of renovation work going on but we weren't phased by it. Our room was very spacious, 2 double beds and a flat screen TV with cable. We had a beautiful view from our room too. Staff were lovely and friendly. We didn't eat in the hotel as the restaurant was being done up at the time so I can't comment on the food. About a 2 minute walk from Times Square. Would 100% recommend!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Dear Lindsey T,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We love to hear you enjoyed your most recent stay with us celebrating your 21st birthday. We thank you for your kind comments recognizing our helpful and friendly staff and look forward to showcasing all the upgrades our property has undergone upon a future stay with us!

Reviewed 2 August 2014

Nice room, good bed, decent location for theater, but lobby is dysfunctional, crowded, and noisy. Checking in and out was a long, long wait. Staff was friendly but not very organized. There was too much commotion in the Lobby, perhaps due to a private party and some construction when I was there. Not sure I'd stay there again unless the price was a really good deal. Too many other choices in NYC.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room if you want to stay here.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Kathy B

Dear Kathy B,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Although we are glad to hear you enjoyed a nice room, good bed and our prime location, we do regret to hear of the inconveniences you experienced in the lobby area. I have notified the appropriate department heads to further investigate these concerns and rectify them in a timely manner. We hope to have you back again soon.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a week and the service I experienced was amazing. As soon as you walk in you are greeted by the staff. The decor and ambiance of the hotel is very chic, modern, and beautiful. My checking in process was very easy. I received the keys to my room and upon entering my room I did not realize that this hotel was more of a boutique style hotel as the rooms are smaller which is typical of many hotels in the New York area. After seeing the size of the room, I went to the front desk to ask if I could move into a bigger room because I like a lot of extra space, and they informed me that the rooms are that size because they want you to spend majority of your time out exploring the city, which makes total sense! After explaining the concept of the rooms to me the staff member offered to place me into a larger room and she gave me a key to the larger room so I could view it before making my decision. I ended up staying in the room I was in but I was very impressed that they were willing to move me into a larger room. The service in general was outstanding. The management team was amazing and accommodating and checked in with me to make sure I was taken care of and if there was anything extra I needed. Overall the experience was fabulous and when I come back to NY I will be staying at the Row Hotel!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Kristen L
Eric_Foley, General Manager at Row NYC Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear Kristen L,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are so thrilled you had such a wonderful experience while staying with us! We thank you for your kind comments recognizing our customer service driven staff. We look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit to NYC!