“Not Impressed”

Neighbourhood: Harlem
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
“Not Impressed”
Reviewed 28 November 2013 via mobile

I stopped off with a friend who wanted something quick to eat.
We were greed and seated in a timely enough fashion, but from that point on everything pretty much went downhill.

Our Server was quite nonchalant and although she took my friend's order quickly enough, seemed really (and visibly) put out that only one of us was dining.

A simple Oriental Salad shouldn't really take 30 minutes to arrive, but this one did. Since our Server had disappeared without a trace, we had to ask the Host what was going on with the order. She went into the Kitchen and within seconds returned with an Oriental Salad.
My friend eats here quite often and was surprised that her Salad came with the Chicken strips on top, rather than chopped and mixed like they usually are.

Our Server appeared out of nowhere and asked if everything was okay...I smiled sweetly on my friend's behalf, knowing that she wasn't getting that great a tip.
The rest of the Staff at this Applebee's didn't seem to have a lot to do, so spent much of the brief time I was there leaning on counters naive talking amongst themselves, which I don't think looks very good to Diners and potential customers alike.

The best thing about Applebee's on W 125th Street for me was the wall art; the lack of customer service means that I won't be paying this particular Restaurant a visit on my next trip to Harlem.

Visited November 2013

San Diego, California
“Worst Customer Service Ever”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

We walked in because a young man handed us a flyer for their happy hour as we were passing by. Great job getting people to come in. We were greeted by the hostess and seated almost immediately, but then she noticed the flyer and said we'd have to sit in a different section for the happy hour specials. She relocated us to another table and that is where customer service became customer ignore us. It gets progressively worse, but 100 character minimum.

• Visited October 2013
Bronx, New York
“Slack chefs”
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I've been here a few times and the food here is decent. I usually come for the Happy Hour and their drinks are very weak. But I do notice that the food seem to taste better at the bar. The last time I was there -which was about a week ago- the food was horrible. I had to send it back twice. The manager was very helpful

• Visited July 2013
New York City, New York
“Server from hell”
Reviewed 26 October 2012 via mobile

As you all no 125 st in nyc is harlem!!! I live in the area and decided one night to take my wife out to dinner lets make an long story short! The place is madd ghetto if ure white i wouldnt go there at late hours every one stares at you the waitress was really ghetto and no respect!! You should see the manager also verry unperfessional my food was server cold the place was empty and i waited 45 min for my food to be served cold i would never go back there !!!!

new
“worst resturnt ever”
Reviewed 12 July 2012

i wouldnt even give this place 1 star its horrible. the staff is extremely lazy time after time id see all the servers standing all bunched up while about 2 people do the real work. i sat by the kitchen and it was extremely loud all i heard was yelling and cursing. not to mention the bar was extremely noisey. another thing was that ALL of them had tattoos. it was disgusting. no one wants to see a bunch of tattoos while you eat. you shouldnt have visible tattoos that should be a rule. the food was over priced and i only saw my server when he took my order and gave me my check. someone else brought my food to my table i asked where my server was and they said "i dont know" lazy bumass applebees NEVER AGAIN. im telling everyone about this experience i hope no one goes

• Visited July 2012