“Je t'aime St. Giles - The Court <3”

The Court – A St Giles Hotel
Ranked #318 of 466 Hotels in New York City
Chicago, Illinois
“Je t'aime St. Giles - The Court <3”
Reviewed 12 September 2012

I traveled alone to NYC for 2 nights before my best friend's bachelorette trip and stayed at the St. Giles - The Court and had a fabulous experience!

I'd first off like to say thank you to Dayna, for showing me around the hotel when I asked her to, Daniel and Maria at the front desk, and (I believe his name is...) Jose at concierge for the warm hospitality during my stay.

The location is in Midtown East so it’s really nice because it isn't in the hustle and bustle of Times Square and uber tourism, but it isn't at all far away from the attractions. St. Giles is a really great in between location for a hotel in New York!

The hotel has chic décor and a vibrant atmosphere the minute you walk in. Check-In at 3 pm was a piece of cake, the tour of the hotel was really helpful, and my room was better than I expected. I’m used to very small spaces in New York so the Courtyard King room was clean, modern, and very spacious which was my favorite part about my room. I felt that what I saw online on the hotel’s website is really what I got which doesn’t always happen unfortunately but luckily that wasn’t a problem at the St. Giles. Also, a hotel that offers Philosophy products as their toiletries is just AMAZING. (High five on that!) This little detail in itself says a lot about the quality of a hotel so I was more than happy and eager to take relaxing baths after a busy day in the Big Apple.

I drank cocktails during happy hour with my friends at THE COURT BAR and had a pleasant experience. The music was the best part! They are open until 1 or 2 am depending how busy the night is but even if you don’t stay at St. Giles, check The Court Bar out anyway because the atmosphere is trendy and fun!

The fitness center was still being remodeled when I stayed here but I received my free pass at Equinox just two-three blocks down Lexington and it was really nice! The gym is extremely modern and the service was outstanding. It’s worth walking to!

As a 24 year old who works in travel and loves boutique & charming but clean & modern hotels/properties, I was VERY satisfied with my hotel experience at St. Giles-The Court. When I come back to NYC, I’ll be back here, probably staying at The Tuscany to hopefully have the same, if not, a better experience than the one I had 2 weeks ago! I recommend St. Giles-The Court to any traveler looking for an amazing hotel experience!

Room Tip: Every single room is different and unique in it's own way because it is a historical property! K...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (411)
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
sheffield
Reviewed 6 September 2012

We booked the hotel through booking.com. We got a good deal for the King size suite, which comprised of a shower/toilet, a walk-in wardrobe and a large king size bed.
We found the room clean and modern. The bed was very large and comfortable, the shower unfortunetly leaked at times and required sponging up the water with the towels provided.
We found some of the staff were very nonchalent, but overall they were friendly and helpful specially the Juan the consierge. Would recommend a stay at the hotel!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Hinchys
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 4 September 2012

After reading some of the reviews, I was a bit skeptical about this hotel, but my expectations were far surpassed! We had 3 Executive Junior Suites for 6 people (3 couples) from August 30 - September 2, 2012.

Check-in was a breeze and Jennifer at the front desk provided us with additional information about shopping, popular NYC attractions and more. We then made our way up to our rooms. To the contrary of many reviews, the elevators were not THAT small... The 6 of us and all our luggage fit in one elevator.

We were all on separate floors, but had identical rooms, which were HUGE! Some of the largest hotel rooms I have ever seen. Our rooms had a living room area which was the size of an average hotel room and this area included one sofa, two large chairs, a desk and a bar area. This was perfect as we were traveling as a group and we could have a drink in each others rooms without having to all be sitting on the beds. The bedrooms were also quite large, with lots of room for the king size bed, a chair, large television and 2 closets. The beds were very comfortable, as pointed out by others. If I had to point something that could have been better, the bathrooms were disproportionately small to the rest of the room, but did the trick. Also, all 3 rooms seemed to have some issues with the water properly draining in the shower, but this was nothing we hadn't seen before. The room was clean, all the hotel staff were VERY polite and friendly. The furnishings were a bit beat up, but this was the least of our worries.

Part of our package included a continental breakfast buffet, which was also quite enjoyable. It had everything you needed... juice, coffee, cereal, pastries, bagels, toast, fresh fruit, etc.

The location was great and we had no issues with the noise levels or the air conditioning, as per other reviews.

Overall, a very positive experience and we all agreed that we would return to this hotel if we could!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Miami
Reviewed 4 September 2012

This boutique hotel is walking distance from times square and grand central station giving you easy access to the subway and nearby attractions like the empire state building. The hotel is modern and although some of the amenities could be updated to include iPod docks and USB connection to TVs, it was extremely roomy for my sisers and me. We stayed in a single room one night then upgraded to a huge suite for the next three nights. Breakfast was very good in Icon Restaurant. Try the egg white omelette! It's very good.

• Stayed September 2012
Reviewed 30 August 2012

positive points :
good location with acceptable price for downtown Manhattan

but important negative points :
it's a very noisy hotel ( roads, air co ), old fashion bedrooms, old bathrooms
not adapted for business trip !

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Newcastle, England
Reviewed 29 August 2012

We booked this hotel a couple of days before our stay as it was one of the few available. It was also near Grand Central and as we had to catch our bus to the airport the next day it was a good choice. The scaffolding outside and the refurbishment work next door did put us off but we were only there for one night so decided to not let this dampen our spirits. The reception area was small and very gloomy. Two couples were waiting for a taxi to take them elsewhere and when the taxi arrived said a loud "Thank God!"
Checking in was simple enough and when I checked that we would not be affected by the refurbishment next door was advised that we had been upgraded to the courtyard and therefore would be fine. As it was noon we asked could our bags be stored until the room was available at 3pm and this was done at no extra charge- excellent!
The room was comfortable as was the bed but the bathroom needs upgrading. However from our window we could see the Empire State which was such a bonus.
The AC was very noisy and could not be turned off which meant we had little sleep and were very disappointed when we realised that there was no coffee making facility in the room nor was there a coffee station available in the hotel. When we asked about this we were told there was a restaurant but at $15 for a cold buffet breakfast and $25 dollars for cooked, plus the usual taxes gave this a miss. We managed to get a Starbucks coffee round the corner and a brilliant egg and sausage bun at the shop next door (at $2.95 what a bargain)
Next day we checked out at noon after our trip to the Empire State and again keeping the bags for us was not a problem making life much simpler.

Room Tip: Ask for a couryard room these seem to be off the street and some face the Empire State Building!
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SarahnJ0hn
Queens, New York
Reviewed 28 August 2012

This snazzy boutique hotel is lovely. We were upgraded from a king deluxe to a junior suite. Our room was comfortable, clean and well furnished. The bed was especially comfortable. Nice views from the windows. The hotel location is a little off the main tourist track, but not by much. It's a short walk to Grand Central, where you can catch good subway connections and it's near many useful bus routes, too. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple