“Excellent service and concierge”

The Court – A St Giles Hotel
Ranked #315 of 467 Hotels in New York City
“Excellent service and concierge”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I took my elderly parents to New York and needed help organizing restaurants and tour planning. Diana , the concierge was excellent in her research, and suggestions. All the staff were very obliging and made for a wonderful time.
I highly recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a central location, good service and Excellent Concierge

Room Tip: I booked the Exec. Suite and it was very comfortable
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (411)
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 24 May 2014

First of all let me say how fantastic the location is for this hotel. We were able to walk to time square and grand central terminal terminal is 3 minutes away if you want to jump on the metro. You are perfectly centered between battery park and uptown.

As far as the hotel, we were incredibly impressed with the size of the room considering how little we paid for a room in Manhattan. The staff were incredibly attentive and very helpful with every request we made. All of our questions were answered and they helped us find local restaurants to eat.

I would absolutely recommend this hotel to everyone and I plan on staying there the next time I am in Manhattan.

Five star experience.

1 Thank Max W
Albi, France
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Last week we stayed two nights at The Court, NY, we truly enjoyed the location; its restaurant; the neat room, quite spacious considering being in NY and mostly the excellent attention at the front desk, specially from Miss Jennifer Duran who kindly helped us finding restaurants, giving us excellent suggestions from the menu, helping us to find places and mostly, by being warm and kind enough to considering coming back to this place. We really enjoyed our trip to NY !!
Vivianne Costa-Denais

Room Tip: To me the most important is the cleanliness as well as the quality of bed, which help us to have a...
New York City, New York
Reviewed 23 May 2014

I booked my wedding party in this hotel and they had a wonderful time here. The rooms were big and cozy. The location was perfect - close to bars, restaurants, shops and of course, the Church! Raquel Arnold was wonderful to work with! She was very responsive and extremely reliable. Highly recommended.

Setauket, New York
Reviewed 21 May 2014

We were two couples traveling together on a visit to NYC and stayed 2 nights at THE COURT. It was an excellent east side location and good price compared to other NYC establishments. Room was good size, comfortable and clean. Guest specialist, Jennifer Duran, made stay extra special with her wonderful recommendations and advice. Jennifer not only made suggestions on where to dine but she also suggested WHAT to eat and was spot on in her recommendations!! She was friendly and knowledgeable with giving us great directions to navigate NYC subways to get us to our desired locations. We enjoyed our visit and encounters with Jennifer and will certainly consider a return visit to THE COURT.
Patricia Schery

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Chris S, Guest Relations Manager at The Court – A St Giles Hotel, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Dear pschery,

Thank you so much for sharing your recent experience at The Court! We are delighted to hear that you and your traveling companions enjoyed such a wonderful stay with us. We love to hear when our staff leaves a great impression, and I will be sharing your review with Jennifer and her colleagues in the front office. Warm, friendly, and personal service is our standard, and we are so glad that Jennifer took such great care. We look forward to welcoming you back on a future visit!

Warm Regards,

Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 20 May 2014

On the whole, this wasn't a bad place to stay. I might argue that the four-star rating might be half a star too high, simply because of a few items that simply don't say "four-star" to me.

As my partner and I were bringing my sister to NYC for her first visit, we booked through Hotwire as it allowed us to select the room type, and we needed a room with two beds. We were booked into a room with two double beds. For our situation, that would work just fine. Upon checking in, nothing was said that would lead us to believe that anything different was coming our way. When we got to the room, we discovered that we had a king bed, and a separate living space with a sleeper sofa. Upon calling down to the front desk, I was told that they were sold out of the doubles, so this was what was available. It would have been so simple for them to have said "We're oversold on doubles, but we'd like to upgrade you to a king suite with a sleeper sofa. Is that alright?" It sounds inviting. It sounds like they're not trying to slide one by you. Good communication costs nothing, but goes such a long way towards a good experience. But other than this lack of communication, the staff seemed pretty happy to help where they could.

The room was nice though. We were concerned that the sleeper sofa might not be comfortable, but housekeeping made it up for us while we were out, and my sister seemed reasonably happy with the quality of sleep. The king bed was also quiet comfy, so no problems there.

The room was also clean. No carpet issues or odor problems. There were two large flat screen television in the room, and a nice mini-bar area. The room, especially by NYC standards, was quite spacious. And our view of the Chrysler Building was spectacular! It was a comfortable room, for sure.

But the bathroom. The bathroom was tired. From broken floor tiles to a pedestal sink that didn't allow any room for toiletries to the shower fixtures being askew and the shower drain being pretty slow, the bathroom was certainly not what one would expect from a four-star property.

The location was good. Three blocks to Grand Central. A pretty quick walk over to Fifth Avenue and the Central Library. A nice walk up to Central Park. This isn't a part of town that I'm used to staying in, so I felt a little out of place, but it worked nicely, and gave us a chance to see a few different sites.

At the end of the day, if the price was right, I wouldn't hesitate to stay at this property again. I'd maybe just ask a few more questions up front.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dear TonyO_StPaul,

Thank you so much for sharing your recent experience at The Court. While we are glad to hear that you enjoyed the room and that the sofabed provided comfortable night’s sleep for your sister, we regret to hear that there was any confusion regarding your reservation and the room type. We are contacting Hotwire in order to determine where exactly the miscommunication occurred. When reserving through a third party, we always recommend that you contact us in advance of your stay to confirm the room type—while we make every effort to be absolutely clear with third party websites, sometimes lines do get crossed, and we always do our very best to ensure that any problems are addressed as swiftly as possible. Please feel free to reach out to our Accommodations team at reservefax@stgilesnewyork.com with any questions regarding reservations and room types. We sincerely appreciate your feedback, as it offers us the opportunity to improve. I would like to speak with you personally regarding your experience. If you feel so inclined, please reach out to me at robertf@stgilesnewyork.com or by calling 212.592.8877.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I stayed in the Court Hotel for only one night on May 16th after a last minute booking before international travel, therefore cannot elaborate in too much detail around any issues that other guests have been commenting on. The hotel seems to be a convenient location/cheaper price combination, but I would have stayed in a better hotel with an incrementally higher price if booking in advance.

The hotel is very conveniently located, only a few blocks away from the Grand Central station. Although I came in several hours earlier than the check-in time, the room was ready so was able to leave my luggage, which was a good start. The room was quite sizeable for NY standards, with a small separate mini bar/wardrobe area, unfortunately right next to the lift (noise at night) and had a window overlooking a wall a few meters away (so much for a last minute booking!). The room itself was clean but the downside was its bathroom, which did not really seem to be a 4* standard as it may be useful to have some upgrading. The metal soapholder in the bath fell from its place when I barely touched it, there were some colouring marks on the walls and I did not get a sense that the bathroom was very clean. I did not have any issues with these, given the one-night-only stay but would have been somewhat disappointed over a longer stay.

Room Tip: Ask for one not right next to the lifts and one which does not have a window overlooking a wall few...
Dear ONUR C,

Thank you so much for sharing your recent experience at The Court! We are so glad to hear that you found us to be a combination of value and great location for your one-night stay in New York City, and that our clean, spacious and comfortable rooms provided a nice start to your stay. We regret to hear that the bathroom was not up to par, however, and that you had several issues during your short stay. I can assure you that our engineering team is reviewing the issues you experienced and we are taking the proper steps to improve. Should you be returning to NYC, we would love to offer you special rates for a future visit. Please reach out to me personally at robertf@stgilesnewyork.com – we would love to have another opportunity to show you a true St Giles experience.

Warm Regards,