“New York sightseeing”

Ranked #306 of 467 Hotels in New York City
portsmouth
“New York sightseeing”
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Lovely size rooms and clean, great position for sightseeing, only down size the bar was too dark,, strange atmosphere would recommend for people touring, plenty of restaurants around and lovely Irish bars, very close to central station and rocker fella centre

Room Tip: Large size rooms, clean
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (406)
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Williamstown, Massachusetts
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Having stayed in NYC many times, I could not believe the size of the room at the Court--this is prime real estate! With the ideal location only a few short blocks from Grand Central, this hotel is the travelers dream. The staff is friendly and the room was clean and comfortable.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 August 2014

I travel new York 4 times a year and almost always stay at the London. My sister turned me on to the Court. The location was so much easier and the price was fantastic 225/night., but best of all was the location. Just a few blocks from Grand Central, Everything was so much easier being on the east side near Grand Central. So I thought the rooms would be small and not to nice. I was wrong! The rooms were great and the bed was fantastic. Dozens of Pharmacies near by to save money on the small items hotels usually rip you off for. I'l be back at the court for my next meeting.

John P. Harrison

Room Tip: The one bedrooms are quiet.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank John H
Houston
Reviewed 20 August 2014

A nice three-star hotel. Wasn't provided with the Philosophy brand bath products other reviewers described and not counter space around the bathroom sink but those were very minor things. Was able to use deep windowsill in bathroom for toiletries. Other than that, our room met expectations. Room was clean, roomy enough, had a safe, drawers in the closet. Location is great. We stayed for three nights and would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Again, I booked through bookit.com as always. This time it was one 'mystery hotel deal' and it turned out to be great. The location is okay. The rook was fine, clean, comfortable bed. The check in was quick, we arrived early but were able to get to our room. The hotel has some modern touches which I found interesting. Didn't spend much time there since we stayed for 2 nights and as tourists, we only made it there to sleep. It was good for the price we paid. I give it 4 stars because it's not close to anything, it doesn't have a restaurant, it's a small hotel. Would I return? probably yes or I would try its sister hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

I was impressed with the size of the rooms at this 3* hotel. They are quite large for NewYork City. The decor is nice but just a little bit tired. The hallways are stunning..I liked the hallway decor. (I know. This is a funny thing to comment on.) The hotel feels more "boutique" than "mainstream". Staff is gracious and friendly. Room is stocked with expensive snacks for your possible purchase. I did not have a coffee maker in this room. Toiletries are nice and not heavily scented. It is an older property so there are some quirks. And example is the bathroom electrical outlet was to the right of the toilet and far from the sink. This is helpful if you use an electric shaver for legs, but not great for drying hair. Convenient midtown location.
Helpful hint: make sure everything works in your room immediately when you check into it. The telephone handset was not operational in my room (not a big deal) and it was more than difficult to flush the toilet. Unfortunately the latter could not be fixed and the hotel was booked up. The manager moved me to another property next door owned by the same chain in an upgraded room. Not only was this the right thing to do... but proves the management knows how to provide appropriate customer service. Thank you for taking care of me.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Nancy D
Montreux, Switzerland
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I have juste returned back from 8 nights spent in this hotel while I was on business trip. The hotel is infected by mice. I and one of my colleague have seen a proper mouse running on the floor in our hotel room and we were 5 floors apart from eachother, so no chance that it was the same animal... I was also able to hear them overnight.
When I mentioned that to the reception, they first did not believe my colleague and they finally agreed to change my room to a suit. But as I told them, granting me a bigger room will not solve the issue as the whole hotel is infected.
The hygiene of the hotel is questionable and I would therefore not recommend to stay there.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business