“Excellent choice for a central location”

Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Manhattan/Chelsea
Ranked #201 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 13 April 2013

We stayed here for three nights during an anniversary trip to NYC. The hotel is clean, comfortable, sand well-appointed. We liked the location being near a couple subway stops. We bought a week long subway pass so we could hit all of the Manhattan sights whenever we wanted. The folks on the front desk were super helpful and friendly. They mailed post cards, offered advice on parking, schedules, etc. The breakfast was good enough-- no frills... Nothing hot other than a toaster for bagels and hot coffee/tea. They had a good selection of cereals and fruit. The immediate street that the hotel on is ok... Not the nicest, but we didn't feel uncomfortable. Overall, a great hotel in a super location, we would stay here again for sure!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank fwmiv
Robert B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Manhattan/Chelsea, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2013

Hello Fwmiv,

Thank you for the lovely review! I appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and had a ncie time in New York City. You are absolutely right, our location is the best and it makes for a very convenient base for exploring everything the city has to offer. Thank you also for your comments regarding the staff. I am glad to hear that they provided excellent service and have shared your comments with them. I do understand your feedback regarding the breakfast offerings, and am pleased to announce that all Fairfield Inns are in the process of upgrading the breakfast options to include a hot items such as eggs, bacon and sausage. I hope that you had a safe trip back home, and we are glad to hear that you will stay with us again. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 11 April 2013

We stayed on 8th April 13. The check in was late 4pm but we were able to drop off our bags early. Very nice clean room with a lovely large walk in shower. Shower products in bathroom. Coffee maker with complimentary coffee and water. Bar area very casual, if you require something to eat they call next door to get you a takeaway, great if you are tiered and want a sack, i.e. burger & chips, salad or sandwich, however the food was good. Friendly waitress who gave us a complimentary drink to take to our room, we did buy 2 drinks beforehand these were not cheap but nothing is in New York !
Breakfast was very good with a good choice go hot and cold food. We asked for a slightly later check out, this was not a problem and there was no charge.
I would certainly use this hotel again, it was about a 10 minute walk to Times Square.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Robert B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Manhattan/Chelsea, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2013

Hello Happy T,

Thank you for the lovely review! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and had a nice stay with us. I am also pleased to hear your comments about our friendly staff, they are truly the best in New York and I am glad to hear that they provided great service. I am also pleased to hear that you will stay with us again on your next trip to New York. We certainly enjoyed having you as our guest and look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed 9 April 2013

The place is still fairly new, clean & in a decent area. Close to subways & restaurants. 5 Blocks from Whole foods. Our reason for choosing this locale. Staff was pleasant & helpful. [However, we arranged for car service to LGA & were burned twice. The drivers ask for more money than the service is advertised. And on our departing trip, the driver refused to take the quicker tunnel & went 30 min out of the way because we told him that the hotel told us that the tolls were included for the $50 fee. Jut take a cab or if you have time to spare, take the M60 bus to LGA.]

• Stayed: April 2013
Robert B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Manhattan/Chelsea, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2013

Dear Suthunbell,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review, I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our hotel. You are absolutely right, our location is wonderful and I am glad that it afforded you a convenient base for exploring New York City. I am sorry to hear about your difficulty with the car service. We normally receive very positive feedback, and I have shared your comments with the manager so that they may address the issue with the driver. Thank you for your comments regarding our staff, I am pleased to hear that they provided excellent service. I do hope that you had a safe trip back home, and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to New York!

Reviewed 8 April 2013

Great location and pleasant flower district, as an oasis in the bustling metropolis. The room rate includes continental breakfast. I would say that the breakfast is quite monotonous. Really pleased, it's a free wi-fi and free tea and coffee around the clock. The room is quite spacious for New York, we had a city view room with king size bed. The room was a good sound insulation. Staff friendly.

Room Tip: rooms with city view, because it is larger and can be seen from the Empire State Building window
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Robert B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Manhattan/Chelsea, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2013

Hello Irina,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, I always enjoy receiving guest feedback. I am pleased to hear that you found our hotel to be your "oasis" in the city and had an enjoyable stay. I do understand your feedback regarding the breakfast offerings, and am pleased to announce that all Fairfield Inns are in the process of upgrading the breakfast options to include a hot items such as eggs, bacon and sausage. I was also pleased to read that the staff was friendly and accommodating. They are the best in the city and I have shared your comments with them. I hope that you had a safe trip back home and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel on your next trip to New York!

Reviewed 7 April 2013

We researched Mid-town to find a reasonably priced hotel with good reviews. We are so glad we chose this one! Just returned today from 9 nights in Manhattan. On arrival we were a little apprehensive, night staff not overly welcoming and room seemed small, but as the days passed, it grew on us. Most staff very helpful, especially Thomas, who sums up the spirit of the city. Room small but very clean and managed very well. Breakfast adequate and coffee 24/7 a bonus, with occasional complimentary cookies, perfect! Easily accessible between 6th/7th Avenues its well placed for touring the Island. A few good bars on 7th and diners at hand. Look no further.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Robert B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Manhattan/Chelsea, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2013

Hello Alan,

Thank you for such a great review! I am also glad that you chose our hotel and we enjoyed having you as our guest. I am also pleased to hear that the staff provided great service, and appreciate you recognizing Thomas. He is definitely one of the best in New York and I have shared your comments with him. I hope that you had a safe trip back home, and then entire team is glad that you will "look no further" and stay with us again.

Reviewed 6 April 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 7 nights and we had a great time.
The standard room is very, very small. The only picture you see in the web site, with sofa, is very different from the reality. Our stay was long, so we were very worried about the room size and small wardrobe. Our decision to say at Fairfield, was based on the photos we saw.
So we decide to show them the web site photos, and ask for a solution. Mia, a very professional staff, was very helpful and move us the next day to another room.
Good continental breakfast, bagels, juices and coffee. Our room was nice, comfy king size bed, cleans lines and towels, free wifi and coffee maker.
Close to subway, Whole Foods Market in a walking distance.
Thanks Mia for a great stay!!

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor, if possible Executive guest room.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

Hello Cristina,

Thank you for the great review! I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and had a great stay. Thank you also for your kind words about Mia, she is truly one of the best in Manhattan. I have shared your comments with her as it is feedback such as yours that keeps her energized and motivated. I hope that you had a safe trip back home, and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel on your next trip to New York!

Reviewed 1 April 2013

Had a chance to stay at the Fairfield Inn and Suites/Mahattan-Chelsea on March 30th thru April 1st. I was in New York for a concert at Madison Square Garden that Saturday night. Ley's begin with the location. It's on West 28th Street between 6th and 7th Avenues. You are going down a street that seems to be all strew front stores, and then poof, you see at tall, skinny, 18 floor hotel that is the Fairfield Inn and Suites.

The Lobby: The lobby is a small as everybody says it is. And I could see if a large group showed up, that it could get very, very crowded. That being said, I found the lobby to be clean, the front desk staff to be most pleasant and comfortable. There is a small 4 seat seating area in the front lobby. Straight ahead is a set of 2 elevators which zipped you up to and down from the floors. Around the elevators to the rear is a separate seating area which contained the continental breakfast, which I did not use, but it had the usual bagels, fruit, cereal, and assorted coffees and juices.

The Room: I was in room 707 on the 7th floor. As I said the hotel itself is a very skinny building, and the hotel only had maximum of 7 rooms per floor. I have been in some small rooms in my travels over in Europe, and I have to say my room was a very tiny room. That being said, I found the bed to be extremely comfortable, with 5 pillows. The room had a 42 inch plasma/lcd TV mounted on the wall. The room had a small work desk and a small cabinet that held a ironing board, iron, coffee pot with setup and the ice bucket. Plenty of hangars were available, and there was 2 small drawers on the bottom. There is a temperature interface that hooks in with the wall mounted heating/air conditioning unit that is mounted on the wall under the window. When its on heat, it purrs like a kitten, but, when the air conditioning comes on, it is somewhat noisy. However, when the ac is on, it's like the north pole is coming out of the vents, great for a hot day. The window did not have much of a view, basically the buildings next door, so if that is important to you, ask for higher floor. It was not a problem for me.

The Bathroom: The bathroom had a 2 person shower, that I found very clean, excellent water pressure, and plenty of hot water. The sink/vanity area was fitted with Koehler faucets. The bathroom had the standard bath soap, body soap, and hair conditioner.

The hotel is very conveniently located, only 3 blocks from Madison Square Garden, Empire State Building, etc, and also to plenty of restaurants and bars. Closet subway stop was up on 33rd Street, at least that is what I found.

Overall the Hotel is in a great location, close by everything, excellent staff, and a comfortable bed. I was charged $224/night for a King bed, a great price if you ask me. Would definitely stay here again in the future.

Room Tip: You want any type of room, get a high floor
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Robert B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Manhattan/Chelsea, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2013

Hello Jeff,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I must commend you for submitting the most thorough review I have ever seen! I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our hotel, and found it to be clean, comfortable and conducive to your needs. You are absolutely right, our location cannot be beat and there is actually a subway stop right at the corner on 28th Street. I am also glad to hear that the staff was friendly and accommodating and that you will definitely return for a future visit. We certainly look forward to having you back!