“Nice for short stay”

Ranked #199 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Brookfield, Wisconsin
“Nice for short stay”
Reviewed 6 August 2013

This is my first Fairfield-in-NY stay. It is located well, though I usually like to stay closer to Times Square or the Park. There are a number of nice eateries located within walking distance. Hotel room was quiet (toward rear of building), clean, and the staff was very helpful and courteous. Breakfast provided was fine. Room was small, but adequate. Bathroom was very clean and well-appointed.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Millionmiletravelers
Robert B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Manhattan/Chelsea, responded to this review, 8 August 2013
Hello Million Mile Traveler,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review, I always appreciate receiving guest feedback. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. You are absolutely right, the hotel is in a great location and extremely convenient for exploring everything New York has to offer. I am also pleased to hear that you took advantage of the great dining options in the Chelsea neighborhood--they are certainly among the best in the city! Thank you again for staying with us, and we hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future!

Robert Brashler

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
Somewhere in VA
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Stayed here for a weekend, the rooms with the city view are great, very nice unobstructed view of the Empire State Building. They also have a rooftop deck available for everyone's use. The bathrooms are small, but they are very modern and the shower is great. Thomas at the front desk was very nice and attentive; All the staff that you encounter was very pleasant, and had a smile. The free breakfast and internet is an added bonus, not to mention you're in downtown NY, walking distance to Times Square and other attractions. Sahara East Hookah Lounge has become one of my favorite spots as well during my trips to NY. The Sangria and fries are great!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank QB628
Dear QB628,

Thank you for the great review! I ams o glad to hear that you had a lovely stay with us and enjoyed your weekend in New York City. I would also like to thank you for your comments regarding Thomas, he is certainly a charmer and I am pleased to hear that he provided you with excellent service. I am also glad to hear that you took advantage of our roof top terrace. It is a fantastic spot and the views of the city are indeed extraordinary. I hope that you had a safe trip back to Virginia, and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel on your next trip to New York!

Ramsey, New Jersey
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Perfect hotel for my short 3 day stay. Declined larger front facing room for smaller rear room which was absolutely quiet. Flat screen tv on wall made the small room seem larger than it was. Enough room to work at desk and wifi worked well. Free breakfast was fresh and amply supplied with no waiting. Staff friendly and helpful. Saved $100/night vs other nearby Marriott properties. If you are looking for a place to sleep and breakfast this is ideal for mid-town. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Rear facing rooms more quiet but smaller.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Robert B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Manhattan/Chelsea, responded to this review, 5 August 2013
Hello PBenjung,

Thank you for the great review! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and found it to be perfect for your stay. I am also pleased to hear that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast and wifi. I would also like to thank you for your comments regarding the staff, I am glad to hear that they provided you with excellent service. I hope that you had a safe trip back to Florida, and we hope to welcome you back to our hotel on your next trip to New York!

Jakarta
Reviewed 25 July 2013

We stayed in this hotel for 2 nights. Actually it suppose to be 3 nights but when I tried to cancel the booking for the other night they are very helpful and cooperate.
When we arrive in the hotel we don't know what to expect but the front lady (I forgot her name but she is exceptional) make us feel right at home. She showed us where to park the car -in which we stayed right accross the street for 1 night-, the attraction around hotels and ways to get around the Manhattan.
The room is sufficient to us and even though nothing fancy come atop, we get a feeling that the room is very comfortable. We were right, the bed is exceptionally comfortable.
The hotel had small gym room and ice machine in the basement. Breakfast is part of the room rates and it is good American / Continental breakfast. We really like the place where we had brealfast, the glassroom is so comfy. Staff is also helpful when I asked to heat some leftover we had the other night.
Overall we are very satisfied and definitely considering to stay there again if we visit New York. Keep us the good job guys!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank jonkopping
Robert B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Manhattan/Chelsea, responded to this review, 26 July 2013
Hello Jon,

Thank you for such a great review! I am so glad to hear that you had a great stay with us and a lovely time in New York. I am pleased that you found your room to be clean and comfortable, as we strive to provide superior accommodations to all our guests. I am also glad to hear that you liked our complimentary hot breakfast, and enjoyed our breakfast area. It is certainly a lovely space and provides a great atmosphere in which to start your day. I would also like to thank you for your comments regarding the staff, and I know they will be thrilled to read your comments. I hope that you had a safe trip back home, and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel on your next trip to New York City!

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 21 July 2013

I stayed one night here in October 2012 (and have been meaning to write a review since then). As a woman travelling alone, I was very concerned for my safety in NYC but I felt very safe at the hotel, even when I walked back to it after dark. My room was VERY small but it was ok for me; if more than one person is staying in it, you better know each other well. The block is nice during the day - 28th Street is the Flower District with stores lining the street with all kinds of flowers and plants. The front desk kept my bag after I checked out so I could do some more sightseeing. I didn't have the free breakfast (it's NYC - go to the corner store and get yourself a fresh bagel) but I'm sure it was standard for the hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back of the hotel are very quiet.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank LizTravels_13
Robert B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Manhattan/Chelsea, responded to this review, 22 July 2013
Hello Liz,

Thank you for the five star review! I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us last fall, and appreciate you taking the time to review us. You are absolutely right, the Flower District is an absolutely lovely part of New York and affords guest a wonderful garden right outside the front door. I hope that you were able to explore our neighborhood during your sightseeing around the city. Thank you again for staying with us, and we hope to have you as our guest again the next time you are in Manhattan!

Waxhaw, North Carolina
Reviewed 18 July 2013

Stayed at this hotel for 2 nights for business and it was very nice. As with lots of hotels in New York City the room was small but it was very very clean. The lobby was nice and the free breakfast was outstanding with Starbucks coffee. I would definitely stay here again, it is in a good location and the price is right.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back facing the alley for a quieter room from street noise.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank stacy w
Hello Stacy,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review, I always enjoy receiving guest feedback. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found your accommmodations to be clean and comfortable. I must admit that Starbucks coffee is one of my weaknesses, and I am pleased that you enjoyed this complimentary ammenity. I hope that you had a safe trip back to North Carolina and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel on your next trip to New York City!

Perth
Reviewed 17 July 2013

After a 30 hour flight we received the warmest welcome from one of the male staff members. The staff did not disappoint from that moment on and were always helpful. Rooms were tastefully decorated and beds were heavenly. The location of this hotel was great because we could get around Manhattan quite easily being close to two subways stops. I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are quieter.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Robert B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Manhattan/Chelsea, responded to this review, 18 July 2013
Hello Jo,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review, I always enjoy reading guest feedback. I am thrilled to hear that you got a fantastic welcome after such a long trip. I am glad that the staff provided you with excellent service. I am also happy to hear that you found our beds to be heavenly. I must agree with you that they are extremely comfortable and make for a great night's sleep. I hope that you had a safe trip back to Australia, and are glad that you would recommend our hotel. We hope to welcome you back on your next trip to New York!