“Great 2nd stay”

Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Manhattan/Chelsea
Ranked #210 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 20 August 2013

I stayed at the Fairfield inn in Chelsea for a second time and as with the first time it was a great stay. The staff was outstanding as usual. I want to give a big thank you to Brandy at the front desk; she was so helpful to us. We stayed here again because it is close to Penn Station and we just walked from the station to the hotel. The rooms were clean and everything worked as it should have. We found a nice little café around the corner on 7th ave named GiGi café. It was just right for breakfast in the morning. All in all I would say this is a great hotel to stay at and will stay again in December when I return to New York.

2  Thank Antinello
Robert B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Manhattan/Chelsea, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2013

Hello Antinello,

Thank you so much for your second great review! I am glad to hear that your return visit was just as good as the first. I would also like to thank you for your kind remarks about Brandi. She is simply the best and I have shared your comments with her. I hope that your trip back to Maryland was safe and uneventful. We certainly enjoyed having you as our guest for the second time and are looking forward to welcoming you back for the third time on your next trip in December!

Reviewed 17 August 2013

My husband and I stayed here for one night in July. We asked for a city view and got a terrific room that looked out on the Empire State Building. It was terribly hot in New York when we were there, but the hotel was extremely comfortable. It was also very clean. We were particularly impressed by the friendliness of the staff (everyone was great, but Thomas Nuñez and Bethany were especially accommodating the afternoon we were leaving). We enjoyed the free breakfast, and the central location made it easy for us to get around the city.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Les2tous
Robert B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Manhattan/Chelsea, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2013

Hello Les,

Thank you for the great review! I am so glad to hear that you had an enjoyable stay at our hotel even during the heat wave we endured for 7 long days. We are certainly glad that is over! You are absolutely right, our central location is extremely convenient and makes it very easy to get around the city. I would also like to thank you for your comments regarding the staff, especially Thomas and Bethany. They are absolutely fantastic, and I have shared your comments with them. I hope that you had a safe and uneventful trip back to Massachusetts. We certainly enjoyed having you as our guests and look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in New York City!

Reviewed 11 August 2013

My husband had to make a spur-of-the-moment business-related trip to Manhattan and our daughter and I tagged along for the fun of it. We booked a room here based on price, located and a little for the discounted overnight parking rate! The hotel was really nice, neat/clean, modern and on the smallish side. Desk staff was helpful with the parking setup and with holding our bag after check-out to allow us to continue our visit without lugging it around with us. The room was a little tight, but updated. It was good for us with our two days in the city, but I can't imagine where a group of, say, four people there for a week would put their luggage. We were in the back of the building, so our window was literally looking into another building, which was a little strange (caused us to keep the blinds closed). The rooftop deck was awesome! Not much up there other than seating, but the view was amazing and so worth the trip up. I think we were up there close to a half hour just staring.

I didn't get to take advantage of the breakfast area, but my husband and daughter did and said that some of the stuff was gone by the time they went down.

I will definitely stay there again. Maybe with a better view next time ;)

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Robert B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Manhattan/Chelsea, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2013

Hello Mchelle77,

Thank you for sharing your comments with us regarding your recent stay, I appreciate the feedback. I am so glad to hear that our hotel was a "great find" and that you enjoyed your time with us. You are absolutely right, we are very conveniently located and the subway is just a stone's throw from our front door. I am glad to hear that you took advantage of our discounted parking ($25 per night is definitely a bargain in Manhattan!) as well as our rooftop terrace. It certainly does have amazing views of the city. I would also like to thank you for your comments regarding the staff. I am pleased to hear that they provided great service and I have shared your comments with them. I hope that you and your family had as safe trip back to New Hampshire, and we look forward to having you back at our hotel again on your next tip to New York!

Reviewed 9 August 2013

We chose this Fairfield Inn for our first trip to NYC without really reading any reviews beforehand and were really satisfied with our stay.

Like the other reviewers say, the rooms are very small but it was not a problem since we basically were only there to sleep and were busy all day exploring everything NYC has to offer. We found the room to be very clean which was one of our main worries. Free Wi-Fi service is available throughout the hotel however the speed of the connection is very slow and which makes it only suitable for very light web browsing. The flat screen TV had a nice choice of channels including some premium ones such as HBO.

One of the main problems we had with the room is the lack of available power outlets near the beds. Nowadays we all travel with numerous electronic devices (iPhones, iPads, cameras, computers) that requires charging at night and with three persons in the room it was a little puzzle to get everyone's devices plugged in at night.

The hotel provides free breakfast every day which includes scrambled eggs, sausage patties, toast, bagels, cereal and fruit cocktail but to my surprise no waffles. I think I have never been to a US hotel that offers free continental breakfast and didn't have a self-serve waffle maker available in the breakfast area. That was a little disappointment for me because I really like hotel waffles but even without those the breakfast was really good.

Located on W 28th Street the hotel is within walking distance from Penn Station which is very useful for those arriving from JFK airport via Long Island Rail Road train. Macy's flagship store and Herald Square are also located close to the hotel as well as a good number of great restaurants. There is also a McDonald's, a Starbucks and a Duane Reade drugstore located within less than 5 minutes walking distance. Times Square is within 20-25 minutes walking distance from the hotel, even tough it is a feasable walk we prefered taking a cab most of the time to go there which is about a 6-7$ ride plus tip.

Overall, we are very satisfied with our stay at this Fairfield Inn location. Being one of the least expensive accomodations we found on Manhattan island we were very impressed with the quality of the service we received from the front desk and housekeeping staff and would not hesitate to stay at this property again on a next visit to NYC.

Hello Jmboily,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review, I always enjoy reading guest feedback. You are absolutely right, our hotel is in a fabulous location and makes for a convenient base for exploring everything New York has to offer. I am also pleased to hear that you found your room to be clean and comfortable, and that you enjoyed our complimentary hot breakfast. We are planning to offer waffles beginning this fall. I would also like to thank you for your kind words regarding the staff. I am pleased to hear that they provided great service and I have shared your comments with them.

Reviewed 8 August 2013

Location is a short walking distance from Macy's 5th avenue store.
Rooms are a bit small but quiet, clean. and provide everything you need for your vacation. Air conditioning, a good shower (not a bath), HD TV, desk, and so on. Wireless internet was very good during my stay.
Breakfast buffe is OK, not too rich in variety but in good quality - Coffee/egg/muffin/bagels/cornflakes/etc.
Everything is very clean.
So all of these things were actually pretty good.
What wasn't good, though, was the service.. it was excellent!
The reception desk people were helpful, showing great hospitality to myself and to everyone else I noticed around the reception desk. They provided me with recommendations and help, and generally were very willing to assist.
Would love to stay in this hotel on my next visit.

Room Tip: I actually got a front-facing room on the3rd floor and it was pretty quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Dor R

Hello Dor,

Thank you for the five star review! I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and had a terrific trip to New York. You are absolutely right about our location, we are very centrally located and extremely convenient for exploring Manhattan. I would also like to thank you for your praise of the hotel staff! I must admit, they are the best in the city and I am so glad to hear that they went above and beyond in providing you with great service. I have shared your comments with them, as it is reviews such as yours that keep them energized and motivated. I hope that you had a safe trip back home, and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to New York!

Reviewed 6 August 2013

This is my first Fairfield-in-NY stay. It is located well, though I usually like to stay closer to Times Square or the Park. There are a number of nice eateries located within walking distance. Hotel room was quiet (toward rear of building), clean, and the staff was very helpful and courteous. Breakfast provided was fine. Room was small, but adequate. Bathroom was very clean and well-appointed.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Millionmiletravelers
Robert B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Manhattan/Chelsea, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2013

Hello Million Mile Traveler,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review, I always appreciate receiving guest feedback. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. You are absolutely right, the hotel is in a great location and extremely convenient for exploring everything New York has to offer. I am also pleased to hear that you took advantage of the great dining options in the Chelsea neighborhood--they are certainly among the best in the city! Thank you again for staying with us, and we hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future!

Reviewed 6 August 2013

Stayed here for a weekend, the rooms with the city view are great, very nice unobstructed view of the Empire State Building. They also have a rooftop deck available for everyone's use. The bathrooms are small, but they are very modern and the shower is great. Thomas at the front desk was very nice and attentive; All the staff that you encounter was very pleasant, and had a smile. The free breakfast and internet is an added bonus, not to mention you're in downtown NY, walking distance to Times Square and other attractions. Sahara East Hookah Lounge has become one of my favorite spots as well during my trips to NY. The Sangria and fries are great!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank QB628

Dear QB628,

Thank you for the great review! I ams o glad to hear that you had a lovely stay with us and enjoyed your weekend in New York City. I would also like to thank you for your comments regarding Thomas, he is certainly a charmer and I am pleased to hear that he provided you with excellent service. I am also glad to hear that you took advantage of our roof top terrace. It is a fantastic spot and the views of the city are indeed extraordinary. I hope that you had a safe trip back to Virginia, and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel on your next trip to New York!