“Lots of fun” 4 of 5 bubbles

and up
THE TOUR New York City Powered by THE RIDE
Ranked #81 of 585 Tours in New York City
More attraction details
Owner description: THE DOWNTOWN EXPERIENCE Powered by THE RIDE is a brand new bus experience exploring Downtown Manhattan’s most notable landmarks and neighborhoods. Enhanced with the magic of Timelooper virtual reality app, THE DOWNTOWN EXPERIENCE will allow visitors to travel back in time and relive iconic moments in history.
Georgia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Lots of fun”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

This is not a way to see NYC. They show you a few sights of the City, but it is mostly just an hour of fun. The city itself is the interactive show, lots of people waving from the sidewalk. We had 3 different dancers, a saxaphone player and a singer, a funny guy at Times Square perform for us.
We danced along with the music and learned a little about the city. I don't really think it's worth the money spent, but if you have it to blow, it is a fun way to spend an hour.

• Greek first
  • Korean first
California
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Fun!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

We had the best time on our tour around NYC! Our tour guides kept us laughing and having a great time, while they pointed out landmarks and "tourists" on the street. The Ride is a fun way to tour NYC and make the experience more interactive. We did The Ride on one of our first nights in the city and in the evening when the sights become more interesting!

Visited June 2014
Plainsboro, New Jersey
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A little hokey but lots of fun”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

I am a native New Yorker and was told this was a blast, so I took a friend from China who had never been to NYC. First of all, do not expect a full tour of the city. It is really all about midtown and the theater district. It is a bit pricey, but we had so much fun! It gives you a fun informative quick overview of thing you might want to see in more depth. The actor are great and there are many fun surprises along the way. We thoroughly enjoyed it, yes it was a bit hokey to me, but my friend loved it, and got a good understanding of the city, and because of some things that occurred that I don't think we're part of the tour, she thoroughly understood the phrase, "only in New York"

Ann Arbor, Michigan
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Don't do this tour if you're an NYC rookie”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

If you have never been to NYC before, do not do this tour. It started out as fun, but as the previous reviewer reported, actors were missing, and then after 30 minutes they claimed that "the Ride bus is sick and we have to end the tour". Everyone thought they were joking. There were several people from outside the US and a family who was there for the first time and chose to take one of their precious nights in the city to wait in the rain for this disappointing tour. This is more of a theatrical experience than it is a tour. It's part fun, quirky, silly, and odd. I thought this tour would be fun because I have been to NYC numerous times. So, after 30 minutes, the staff abruptly ended the tour and dropped us off in Times Square. They said, "Sorry, our box office is now closed, so, you can call to rebook for another day or ask for a refund." When I called for a refund, the people had NO idea what I was talking about and my refund had to go through an approval process. If you're expecting a real city tour, go with Gray Line!

1 Thank TravelMom816
Melbourne, Australia
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 76 helpful votes
“Fun things to do in NYC”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

We went on "The Ride" on the last night of our vacation in New York City... BAD IDEA!!! I fully recommend that you experience The Ride at the beginning of your vacation, furthermore at around dusk. This was an awesome experience, with the tour showing you around some of the little hidden areas of the city that we now wish to go visit on our next vacation to NYC.
I won't mention anymore about the tour, as you really need to experience, instead of getting told about the ride.
It is a bit pricey, however the hosts are very entertaining.