“Something different”

THE TOUR New York City Powered by THE RIDE
Ranked #77 of 642 Tours in New York City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: THE RIDE & Our Family of NYC Experiences: THE RIDE is an interactive entertainment experience where the streets of NYC are the stage and you’ve got front row seats! THE TOUR is an immersive multimedia sightseeing tour where the past, present and future of NYC comes alive! THE DOWNTOWN EXPERIENCE is a multimedia historical adventure exploring Downtown Manhattan, featuring the magic of virtual reality that allows visitors to relive historic moments in time. All experiences unfold from our $1.5 million-dollar buses with stadium-style seating, advanced audio/visual technology and floor-to-ceiling glass windows.
Reviewed 23 July 2014

A fun way to see New York City , don't expect an information packed tour , just be prepared to have a laugh and a bit of fun with great street entertainment thrown in the mix ,while touring the streets of NY .different and worth the experience

1  Thank JIBCMB
Write a ReviewReviews (2,721)

Reviewed 22 July 2014

This is not a way to see NYC. They show you a few sights of the City, but it is mostly just an hour of fun. The city itself is the interactive show, lots of people waving from the sidewalk. We had 3 different dancers, a saxaphone player and a singer, a funny guy at Times Square perform for us.
We danced along with the music and learned a little about the city. I don't really think it's worth the money spent, but if you have it to blow, it is a fun way to spend an hour.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

We had the best time on our tour around NYC! Our tour guides kept us laughing and having a great time, while they pointed out landmarks and "tourists" on the street. The Ride is a fun way to tour NYC and make the experience more interactive. We did The Ride on one of our first nights in the city and in the evening when the sights become more interesting!

Reviewed 20 July 2014

I am a native New Yorker and was told this was a blast, so I took a friend from China who had never been to NYC. First of all, do not expect a full tour of the city. It is really all about midtown and the theater district. It is a bit pricey, but we had so much fun! It gives you a fun informative quick overview of thing you might want to see in more depth. The actor are great and there are many fun surprises along the way. We thoroughly enjoyed it, yes it was a bit hokey to me, but my friend loved it, and got a good understanding of the city, and because of some things that occurred that I don't think we're part of the tour, she thoroughly understood the phrase, "only in New York"

Reviewed 19 July 2014

If you have never been to NYC before, do not do this tour. It started out as fun, but as the previous reviewer reported, actors were missing, and then after 30 minutes they claimed that "the Ride bus is sick and we have to end the tour". Everyone thought they were joking. There were several people from outside the US and a family who was there for the first time and chose to take one of their precious nights in the city to wait in the rain for this disappointing tour. This is more of a theatrical experience than it is a tour. It's part fun, quirky, silly, and odd. I thought this tour would be fun because I have been to NYC numerous times. So, after 30 minutes, the staff abruptly ended the tour and dropped us off in Times Square. They said, "Sorry, our box office is now closed, so, you can call to rebook for another day or ask for a refund." When I called for a refund, the people had NO idea what I was talking about and my refund had to go through an approval process. If you're expecting a real city tour, go with Gray Line!

1  Thank TravelMom816