“A fun way to see a bit of NYC”
Review of The Ride

THE TOUR New York City Powered by THE RIDE
Ranked #80 of 639 Tours in New York City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: THE RIDE & Our Family of NYC Experiences: THE RIDE is an interactive entertainment experience where the streets of NYC are the stage and you’ve got front row seats! THE TOUR is an immersive multimedia sightseeing tour where the past, present and future of NYC comes alive! THE DOWNTOWN EXPERIENCE is a multimedia historical adventure exploring Downtown Manhattan, featuring the magic of virtual reality that allows visitors to relive historic moments in time. All experiences unfold from our $1.5 million-dollar buses with stadium-style seating, advanced audio/visual technology and floor-to-ceiling glass windows.
Reviewed 4 August 2014

This is definitely a unique experience. I would recommend it for those of you who are looking for something different than the typical tour. While you are not going to get a very long and detailed tour of the city, it is definitely a fun introduction for those who haven't been to NYC before OR a new silly way to experience areas you are already familiar with.
My son, age 11, has always wanted to do this and I had delayed it because I thought it was a bit pricey for a short tour ($74 per person for a 75 minute tour). However, in comparison to other things you will do while in the city, the price is not too far off the mark. I would encourage you to check for discounts. There are AAA discounts, $64 tours earlier in the day and a current special in which children are half price.
The actual tour was fun and our guides, Scott and Jackie, were adorable and had great personalities. I am guessing the guides are probably young people working their way into the entertainment industry and this is a side job. They definitely have "performance" personalities.
In short, if you are looking for something fun to do and want to be indoors because of rain, heat or snow, this is a great way to spend 75 minutes.

1  Thank Renee S

Reviewed 3 August 2014

If you like fast paced humor and wit mixed with historical and educational facts while riding in a comfortable bus through the Manhattan area, then THE RIDE is for you. We absolutely LOVED IT!!! Scott and Jackie kept the momentum at a fast pace with their humorous bantering and fact sharing, while periodically we would see the actors who participate on the street. These included a guy doing a Gene Kelly type dance, a break dancer, a rapper, a singer and horn player, and a ballerina dancing with the Gene Kelly guy at Columbus Circle. Beautiful!! The space of time between seeing these street actors was filled with information about buildings, etc. in New York City. This was the highlight of our trip and we plan to go on it when we go back to New York

Reviewed 28 July 2014

I'm a native New Yorker who was looking for a fun, high-energy tour for my 16-year old niece who had never been to NYC before. We had such a great time on The Ride! The hosts were hilarious, friendly, and engaging. The side-facing seats were also cool. I had such a great time watching the street performers interacting with the hosts, waving to people on the street, and playing trivia. I've worked in Midtown and the Theater district for ten years and this is definitely a fun way to see this beautiful part of the city (Bryant Park, Times Sq, Grand Central, Central Park, Chrysler Building, NYC Public Library, and more.) I'd recommend this tour for either day or night, but I bet it's amazing to see all the lights of Times Square lit up during the night tour.

1  Thank CMCM99
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

The reviews are all over the map, so hopefully this review provides some clarity. The Ride is a comedy show on wheels. Without giving too much away. there are some street performances. Our two Emcees/Hosts were hilarious and delightful. I guess if you go and are in a bad mood or you hosts aren't funny, maybe a bad review is warranted. We, however, loved it and have already recommended it to friends. Will definitely do it again.

1  Thank AHungryDude
Reviewed 23 July 2014

went on this attraction with two teenagers - 15 & 17 - we didn't know what to expect - you sit sideways on a bus - looking out large glass windows - and people on the street can see inside but not hear what is being said - it was hilarious!! some of the humor is on the "adult" side but my kids loved it and so did I - we all laughed like crazy! I highly recommend this as a new and different thing to do in New York. You have to willing to relax and "go with the flow" - do the crazy stuff the announcers ask you to do and just watch the reactions from the New York crowds! Also the street performers were very talented and great to watch! The rapper who walked along beside the bus and made up his song based on what he saw was truly amazing and what an incredible talent!!! I can't wait to do this RIDE again!