“Disappointing”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Nolita
Cross street: Prince street
Transit: By Subway: Broadway/Lafayette: BDFM/6 and Prince: N/R.
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Having been to Torrisi 2 years previously and loved it we were very excited at returning ( from Australia) to experience the wonderful food and warm service.
Unfortunately this time was a totally different experience! Whilst some courses of the 10 course degustation were brilliant and exciting (spaghetti and octopus, mackerel and eggplant) there were some very disappointing dishes (dried "poussin" and "rainbow dessert") and the serves were of a size that I'm still hungry(!) and no possibility of ordering any more food. The service was condescending and pretentious ( we do know a lot about food - our son being a chef in Australia that the Torrisi chefs visited!) and seemed reluctant to engage in discussion regarding the food being served.
This is not an inexpensive restaurant but I am always happy to pay for good food and good service . Diasappointed on both accounts!

3  Thank Simon W

Reviewed 4 May 2014

I went for Easter dinner this year. It was a 9 course meal. All of the food was great. I really enjoyed most of the courses. There was 1 fish course, that I didn't care for, but that could just be my taste buds.

My only regret was choosing the wine pairings. Usually there is a little taste of wine at each course, but here I was given a full glass with each pairing. It was just too much alcohol (and I like alcohol).

Reviewed 9 April 2014

Went for our wedding anniversary. 10 course tasting menu. Outstanding! One of the best meals ever. Highly recommended.

1  Thank Richard S
Reviewed 7 April 2014

After being called 6 times to confirm my reservation, I received a call 24 hrs before my reservation time to be told that my intolerance to vinegar was not something they could accommodate. I have been in contact with the restaurant discussing my intolerance since booking my reservation a month and a half prior to this incident and in none of these conversations they said they would not be able to accommodate me. I was happy to do even with fewer courses (less than half of what they would usually serve) if they could adjust the price accordingly, but that was not an option for them. I was left without a reservation in New York one day before my boyfriend's birthday thanks to the awful customer service of several of Torrisi employees including Stephanie, Emma and Kate. To add to the insult after I told them I no longer wanted to receive daily calls from their employees, I was called yet again and offered a reservation in another one of their locations.

1  Thank Carinacunha
Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

Terrible , They put pression on asking expenseve wines and treat costumers like dogs.
Made a terrible experience what was supose to be a good one.