“It's a hotel restaurant... and not a great one”
Review of Wall & Water - CLOSED

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Financial District
Cross street: Water Street
Transit: Subway lines 2/3, 4/5, J/M/Z, R/W Wall Street Ferry
Description: Our Hudson Valley inspired menu, offers farm-to-table seasonal ingredients enjoyed at either communal or private tables. Choose from signature dishes or customize from market list menu. Host a dinner for up to twelve people in our private dining room or enjoy the creations of the day at the chef’s table.
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We needed a quick place to grab brunch in the financial district and this seemed like a decent option. They serve brunch and had a reservation - check. I didn't realize it was a hotel restaurant when I booked, so when we walked in and were offered the standard buffet breakfast option I was caught a little off guard. We went for the a la carte items and ended up paying a fortune for seriously mediocre food. My french toast was cold, soggy bread on a plate. Coffee and juice were extra (seriously?!). Never again.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

Came here with a few colleagues for lunch and boy was it disappointing, a 3 star rating is pushing it here if it is based on the food alone, but since it isn't just the food I gave it a 3. I chose not to get an appetizer as the waiter said that the turkey sandwich that I was getting was big.....boy was he wrong. I got the turkey, Brie, sandwich which was served on whole grain bread and was $16. The fries I must say were fantastic, however the sandwich was probably one of the worst I have tried for a restaurant quality sandwich. It was dry, had nothing to it, it was at most two slices of turkey you would get in the supermarket on a piece of bread that didn't even taste fresh, like an old roll that a bakery didn't sell from the day before. My colleague had the steak which she said was good but not $26 good for its size etc. the waiter was Eastern European and was nice, but the food for the price paid was less than acceptable, for that price there are plenty of options closeby that are much better and a fraction of the cost.

Reviewed 27 January 2014

We had breakfast here in our first morning at Andaz. Big mistake. I can't say that the food was bad, but we paid 80$ for 2 people.
There are a lot of places 5 minutes walking distance where you can get the same food for maximum 25$

Reviewed 19 October 2013

been coming to ny for years. First time here. Have no idea why their rating is not higher. Beautiful place at the andaz hyatt. Great brunch with my family with good service.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

i tend to have low expectations of restaurants inside a hotel. however, i can say that when we grabbed a very late lunch here the food was quite good. i had farfalle and my other half had salad with prawns. the farfalle was great - just al dente, and rich without being oily, and the shrimps were wonderful as they were cooked on a grill. service was prompt and attentive, and the surroundings were nice and quiet and allowed us to carry on a conversation quite easily