“Jazz on Broadway...a little schmaltzy but fun!”
Review of Iridium Jazz Club

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Cross street: 51ST.
Buffalo, NY
“Jazz on Broadway...a little schmaltzy but fun!”
Reviewed 12 May 2013

We had the delight of attending Molly Ringwald's concert at the Iridium, and must say she was a delightful surprise! No complaints, a great concert and a great voice. Molly Ringwald a jazz singer - Who knew?

The room was a little bit Broadway tacky, but the sound was great and there were no bad seats. We bought a very affordable bottle of wine from a nice selection, and enjoyed the "Pretty in Pink cake" made in Molly's honor that evening - delicious and pretty to look at! The prices were reasonable, and by the look of those around us, the food looked delicious.

For a jazz club, the Iridium is a bit too Broadway-ish, but Molly more than made up for that. We'll be watching the schedule and will be back.

• Visited May 2013

Connecticut
“Great Place in Times Square”
Reviewed 21 April 2013 via mobile

My wife and reserved two tickets for Saturday night's 8pm show. We had never been there before. We located it easily in the center of Time Square area and were directed to the basement. It shares the building with Stardust Diner on the first floor. The place is really cool. The staff very friendly. There was a $15 per person minimum in addition to the music charge, but really not a major deal if you ave something to east (we did not) or a couple drinks, which we did. The sound was excellent and all in all a very enjoyable evening. There were a ton of young college or even high school kids in the place but that was not an issue. They were obviously not being served alcohol so the place was responsible. They were there for the show as well and I'm sure they also enjoyed it. The tables are a bit tight but however. We will definitely return for future shows. My wife and I both loved it.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Thomas K
New York City, New York
“Great for Jazz...”
Reviewed 29 March 2013

This place is located in the center of Times Square in NYC. It is a great place to listen to live music. However...do yourself a favor and only order wine by the bottle or beer. I'm not sure if it was a terrible bartender or what but the mixed drinks were horrible, as was the wine by the glass.
Service was ok and we had just the fried calamari...it was pretty good.
I would definitely go back because you go for the music, and I will be smart as to what to order.

• Visited March 2013
New Jersey
“What a wonderful evening!”
Reviewed 17 March 2013

I don't know where to start. While the space is small they more than make up for it in the music, food and ambiance. Started with the mussels and calamari, the bread HEAVENLY! My honey had the shrimp & pasta dish, and I had the salmon which was crusted perfectly. The roasted vegetables and mashed potatoes rounded out the meal perfectly. I will be back!

Visited March 2013
Philo, California, United States
“Great jazz but eat somewhere else.”
Reviewed 6 March 2013

We saw Johnny A and he was great! But the food was just ok. My gnocchi were better than the bolognese but not by much. The wine list isn't bad except they didn't have many ofbthe bottles we requested. We had a not very good champagne followed by sending back a bad bottle of pinot noir and finally getting a pedestrian zinfandel. It's an intimate space and that was great. Just eat somewhere else.