“Attention needed”
Review of The Lambs Club

The Lambs Club
Reserve with OpenTable
The Lambs Club is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #433 of 13,838 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$30 - US$50
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between 6th and 7th Ave.
Transit: B, D, F, M trains to 42nd St. and 6th Ave. and 1, 2, 3 trains to 42nd St. and 7th Ave.
St. Albert, Canada
“Attention needed”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

When you are a self-titled foodie, and watch the food channels as much as I do, I tend to make reservations at restaurants where the chefs that I watch make the food that I want to eat. We thought we were saving the best for last in our week. We enjoyed our meal, yes, nothing outstanding though and nothing to make us come back. The worst part was many times our glasses of wine ran dry and the sommelier spent much of his time chatting with what looked to be a maître d' while we sat for fifteen trying to flag someone to find our bottle. We finally had to ask a bus boy. Poor service in that regard and a big disappointment after waiting so long to come.

• Visited May 2014

margaretville
“A bit old world- how very nice”
Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

I must say that i would have given The Lamb's club the full five star if not for one small thing. My salade niscoise, which was very delicious, lacked the garnish of the tiny niscoise olives that are usually called for and I feel, integral to the dish. It was excellent non the less. The tuna, seared perfectly and just a bit warm on the outside. Another friend raved about his omelet after indulging in a dozen small, sweet and briny oysters. I was less enthusiastic about the expensive french chardonnay but- oh well. It went down easy and in large quantities tasted better and better as lunch progressed. The service was top notch and it was worth the slightly high prices. I shall return!

Visited April 2014
Chicago, Illinois
“Great in-room dining at The Chatwal”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Loved the breakfast! Yogurt parfait and fresh coffee. Also enjoyed a salad the evening before. Reservations recommended, and try the live Jazz Sunday brunch!

Visited February 2014
Santa Barbara, California
“Lambs Club a Lion of a Restaurant”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We were pleased to celebrate my companion's birthday at this quite sophisticated and posh NYC restaurant. I had actually made reservations at another eaterie but as we were walking down the street my companion stopped in her tracks and said, "Oh! Chef Geoffrey Zakarian's restaurant!" (Saying to myself, who?). At that point I knew birthday dinner plans would have to be changed. Later, I exited myself from the hotel and they were pleased to take my reservation for that evening. To say that the service was excellent is less than adequate. It was impeccable upon reception, to seating, to opening the door to the restroom, to escorting back to the table and at the table. We had an informative conversation with both the manager who was pleasant and genuine and the sommelier who was quite helpful. After determining our tastes, the sommelier suggested the Jean-Luc Baldès “Clos Triguedina” 2008, a so-called "black wine" from Cahors, France where we had visited. We were pleased with the wine so much that we saved it for posterity (see photo). He could have steered us to an expensive bottle of which there were many on the huge lists, so we particularly enjoyed the under $70 price. My companion said the slow roasted halibut was superb and the polenta, the best she had ever tasted. In my case, as an ovo-lacto vegetarian, there wasn't a single entree for me. As I have done in other restaurants, I told the waiter what I liked in the way of vegetables, potatoes, sauces and the manner of cooking. They didn't miss a beat and provided a perfectly prepared entree any vegetarian would tremendously enjoy. Lambs is not for those on a budget but, particulary for a special occasion, it becomes a memorable and par exellence experience.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank RH2003
New York City, New York
“Excellent food and people watching”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

This is one of my go-to spots for a business breakfast or lunch. The service is superb and never intrusive. The food is great. The room is very attractive and there is always good people watching. A real gem.

Visited April 2014