“It's probably just me -- and my friends!”

Merchants River House
Reserve with OpenTable
Merchants River House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,005 of 15,862 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$11 - US$32
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Financial District
Cross street: Hudson River Esplanade between Albany & Liberty Streets
Transit: Easily reached by the 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, E, N, R and PATH trains, as well as the M20 and M22 Bus.
Description: Located on the Esplanade between Liberty and Albany streets in NYC, Merchant’s River House is an upbeat, casual and family-friendly restaurant offering great views of the Hudson River and the Statue of Liberty. Enjoy the American bistro experience, with tasty, affordable food served in a unique and gorgeous setting.
Reviewed 22 June 2018

Good things about this restaurant: the view is spectacular; the wait staff is super efficient; the location; the prices. Understand that my friends and I are of a certain age, so we found this lovely setting to be way too noisy. The music is what you would call lively and loud. Ouch. The food was ok, but not remarkable. I had calamari (starter) and cole slaw (side.) Both were ok. My friend didn't like his choice nor did he like the price for a small glass of wine.I would try this place again except for the noise.

Merchants R, General Manager at Merchants River House, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for dining with us and sharing your entire experience. We are pleased that you found many good things about us and have also noted your not so pleasant findings. We appreciate you taking the time to give your feedback and will do our best to make any changes as necessary. We look forward to your next visit.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 21 June 2018

Great location right on the waterfront in the financial district. I had the shreddd Brussels sprout salad with chicken, my daughter had fish & chips. We sat indoors (too hot to be outside), right by the window so we could watch the boats. Great food, decent prices for the area, pleasant servers. Will be back!

Dear Guest,

Thank you for dining with us and sharing your great experience. We look forward to your next visit and hope it's pleasant enough for al fresco dining.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 20 June 2018

It was a sunny day and we took a table outside. Service was excellent. Staff were very helpful and took the time to explain the menu. The Mac and Cheese flight was great and I personally had one of the nicest Tuna steaks I've ever had. Cooked to perfection. Deserts were great too. Overall a lovely experience. Thanks to all staff for making us so welcome. Highly recommended.

Merchants R, General Manager at Merchants River House, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2018

Thank you for dining with us and sharing your experience. Your review is much appreciated by all of our staff and we look forward to your return visit.

Best regards

Reviewed 29 May 2018

I wanted to have a delicious lunch with a great view. This place has both. I ordered the tuna wrap with fried yuca - woah. Yummy. Others ordered their burger and I know they loved it. Fried calamari was a bit bland but truly crispy. I was looking forward to their passion fruit dessert - but they were out. So I had their banana cheese cake and it was okay. Great place for drinks or a bottle of your favorite rose.

Merchants R, General Manager at Merchants River House, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2018

Dear Veronica C,
Thank you for joining us and sharing your experience. We appreciate your valued feedback and look forward to your return when you can finally enjoy our passion fruit creme brulee, it certainly is very tasty!

Best regards,

Reviewed 9 April 2018

Sunny with great views of the Hudson. Solid lunch fare, including burgers and salad. Mac and cheese flight is fun, but overpriced. Cobb salad was good. Draft beer and good cocktails.

Merchants R, General Manager at Merchants River House, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2018

Thank you for dining with us and sharing your experience. We are very pleased you enjoyed our menu offerings. We look forward to your return visit. Best regards, Charles