“Best Meal Ever!”
Review of Osteria Morini

Osteria Morini
Reserve with OpenTable
Osteria Morini is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #169 of 13,936 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$20 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: SoHo
Cross street: Spring
Transit: 6 at Spring Street. N,R at Prince. B,D,F,M at Broadway/Lafayette.
Description: Osteria Morini, from Chef Michael White and the Altamarea Group, serves cuisine from the Emilia-Romagna region of Northern Italy.
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I had dinner here with my son. We agree that this was the best dinner we ever had in NYC or anywhere. The pasta with asparagus and rosemary oil was outstanding. My fish stew was excellent as well. The place was packed even at 6:30 on a Saturday evening so word has gotten around. Definitely a place to come back to.

There are newer reviews for Osteria Morini

Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

I was by myself so I sat at the chef's table which is a section of the bar. There is the bar and the chefs table. Sitting at the chef's table means you get table service. I had a salad and a pasta and both were really good! The pasta I felt was a little too salty but it could be just me. Very pleasant staff and the food came at the right time and the right temperature. Love it!

Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

A great little spot for dinner. Super service, delicious food and wine. If Tripadvsior did half scoring, this is a definite 4.5 in my book. Keep up the good work.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Had a business meeting at the Mondrian Soho hotel and I was tasked with finding a "good but comfortable" place for dinner with the boss. At the concierge's recommendation, I selected Osteria Morini. Short easy walk from the hotel and exactly what we wanted/needed. On the casual side but still high quality, delicious food and good ambiance. (And I'm an Italian/cook so definitely more discerning about Italian restaurants especially if they are on the more pricier side.) Everything we ordered was delicious The meatballs were among the best I've had eating out. We had the mare and calamari to start and I had the garganelli entree and cauliflower/escarole gratin. Everyone enjoyed their meals and left happy. I am now a fan of chef Michael White and look forward to trying his other restaurants.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

2nd trip to Osteria Morini - on my own this time as I was in NY for business. Brilliant staff sat me at the bar, and nothing was too much trouble. The food is very well put together, and although the plates look small (probably compared to a week of USA portion sizes), the amount of food is just right for the type of food - i.e. smaller pasta dishes as these fill you up quickly.

I had a few questions about the dishes and the drinks - and the staff were knowledgable and friendly throughout.

Bill of $80 plus tip for one person, three courses, a carafe of wine and a sherry.