“Simple & nice”

La Cava
Ranked #2,514 of 14,583 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Description: La Cava wine bar provides an inviting and sophisticated atmosphere where rustic meets modernity. We invite you to enjoy a nice glass of wine and have a tasty bite to eat. Perfect for meeting with a group of friends or to bring a date. Try our fine cheese and charcuterie plates. We also have a lounge downstairs which can be used to host your private party for 20-40pl. Come by and delight in La Cava!
Reviewed 16 December 2013

Nice place for drinks and small bite after work. Simple, nice decor. Good place for a glass of wine and cheese plate. Ordere grilled shrimp main dish which was not really good. Shrimp and vegetables were not grilled by rather steed (maybe come from a supermarket prepackaged food isle and warned up in microwave. Seemed this way). Do not recommend. But always fun and good crowd.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

I enjoy this place both alone or with friends, comfortable and friendly, and the wine choices are plentiful.

Reviewed 7 December 2012

We went on a weekday evening and the place was really lively and buzzing. Managed to get a table which is really difficult and the staff were really friendly and attentative.
Had some food but just chose the selection of cheeses and my friend had the platter of meat and cheese. Reasonable portions but overal the food is a bit pricey.
They have a good selection of wine and overall it's a great place to meet friends and soak up the good atmoshphere.

Reviewed 7 August 2012

My fiance used to live across the street from Cava, and we would stop by every weekend for drinks and dinner. The staff here are amazing, and always give great reccomendations. A lot of the recipes come from the owners or managers mother (forget which one), which are out of this world. The lamb lollipops here are some of the best I have ever had, and are the best in NYC by far. We also fell in love with the wine list, and even after they removed our favorite bottle of wine, we were still able to get it because again (manager/owner?) owns a liquor store in Brooklyn as well. (Atteca, which is a grenache = amazing with their food). If you are over in the UWS, def stop by!

Reviewed 14 March 2012

I went to the one on 44th by Times Square, at the base of one of my favorite hotels
This has the same restaurant title and chef, but a different location. Did it move?
Of course, there's also CAVA in Bethesda, but that's spelled differently, so I have no proof that the one on 2nd avenue is the same one that I go to. I've been THERE four times, twice for breakfast, once for lunch, once for dinner

Review of Cava on 44th
Service 10/10
The waitress I had the most recent time I went, (for lunch) was the second best waitress I've ever had ( to the one at boathouse bistro.) She was a classic, "new york doll," and was kind, as well as enthusiastic, funny and enjoyable. She did much more than needed, and hung out by our couch/table, talking as she worked. She wore a black miniskirt and matching heels. She's what Mr. Pink would call a "special job." She also treated you a bit more than a customer. (e.g. "Could I have the... lamb ribs?" "SUUUUUUURE.")
Thank you Todd English.

The other waiter I can remember was for breakfast, who was very accepting to my father, who claimed that the coffee was "the worst I've ever had in New York." He was a professional, and seemed well-trained.

Food- 10/10
Steak, Eggs and Potato's were outstanding... man, I am never having steak and eggs at iHop again. The lamb ribs were good, but not that much meat. The sliders were good, very bloody.
(I had the lamb ribs as a preparation dinner for Mother With the Hat, the best play ever written. Why isn't there a movie of it yet?)

Atmosphere- 9/10
Great view of World Wide Plaza, hells kitchen-ish and new York style. However, some customers are slobbish, and once I witnessed a disgusting image there.

Value- 10/10
See (Service,) and you'll sure know why!

Estimated total- 39/40