“Excellect start to wonderful evening”
Review of Arpeggio Food & Wine - CLOSED

Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Upper West Side
Cross street: Broadway and 64th
Transit: 1 Train - 66th Street Stop, City Bus, M66, M11, M7, M5, M104
Description: A casual, stylish, full-service a la carte restaurant highlighting innovative Mediterranean cuisine and seasonal ingredients as well as local and global wine selections along with specialty cocktails and mocktails. Guests can dine at the bar, in the lounge or in the center room choosing from appetizers, main courses, artisanal cheeses and cured meats.
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Arpeggio is located in Avery Fisher Hall. Dinner there is very convenient for concert goers. But, if the food isn't good, then convenient or not, I wouldn't go. But the food is and I did. It 's a wonderful beginning to a night with the New York Philamonic. I had the Split Pea soup. Though different from what I expected, it was very tasteful and I liked it. Then I had the Lemon-Herb Chicken Breast. It too was very good. The chicken was done correctly - cooked but not over cooked. It was moist and tender. I don't care for risotto, but my wife does. She had most of the risotto the chicken rested on and she said it was very good. For dessert, I had gelato. Really really excellent. Next time, I'm trying the Lasagna!

Reviewed 5 April 2014

The food was good, but nothing was exceptional. It was difficult to navigate the menu without landing on meat or dairy. There was no desert that wasn't dairy. Very frustrating. The location is great but it feels uncomfortably open to be in a room with an 80' high ceiling and lots of other things going on with only minimal separation. The seating on the window and towards the back is sheltered from that, but then it feels like you got stuck just past nowhere.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

On 21th of August we had tickets for a wonderful concert in Lincoln Center Plz. As a bonus we planned a dinner in the closest restaurant, which supposed to be also a very good one according the prices on the menu. But except of the wine, nothing was good. The rolls were worse than in the airplane- from the microwave- partly cold,partly hard, from cca 6 dishes was one not available , the pizza was for 24$ really unsavory and my shrimp roll for cca the same price almost funny - the roll with sweet taste , in the little shrimp coctail cca 3 shrimp,no garnishing, That was definitely the worsest food we had during our 17 days long stay in USA.

Reviewed 24 July 2013

The food is good, and the ambiance is fantastic. Especially when it is a venue for friends to meet before a symphony or opera performance.

Reviewed 7 July 2013

We went for dinner before a concert, we were seated right away. The service was very good but the food was average at best. My hamburger was ordered medium but came out very rare. They brought me another one that was slightly more cooked, just OK. My husband enjoyed his lasagna and the rolls were delicious. Probably will not return.

1  Thank linfel