“Best tour guide ever”

CityRover Walks NY
Book In Advance
Private New York City Midtown Landmarks Walking Tour
and up
Private New York City Historic Downtown and Wall Street Walking Tour Including...
Private Downtown Art in NYC Tour
Ranked #7 of 620 Tours in New York City
More attraction details
Owner description: Our public and private walking tours feature small groups, fun guides, memorable sights and stories, and local snack stops. Discover NYC on foot with us.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Boca Raton, Florida
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Best tour guide ever”
Reviewed 30 March 2013

We are a family of 4 with kids 13 and 10. We get a guided tour in every city we visit. We travel often both in the US and abroad. Max was without doubt one of the top guides we have had ever had. He is smart, kind, considerate and generous. The second you meet him you can feel his love of the City and his passion for his job. We could not believe how fast the 3 hours went by. We toured downtown and learned so much via fun stories, pictures he brought with him, and sights that we had walked by a hundred times and never noticed until Max pointed them out. Thank you Max.

Max V, Owner at CityRover Walks NY, responded to this review, 1 April 2013
Susan, thank you so much -- the pleasure was all mine. You guys and the kids were a lot of fun to walk with, and I really felt like I was hanging out with friends visiting from Florida. Hope to see you next year!

• Arabic first
Wiltshire
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“The Brooklyn Bridge Walk”
Reviewed 26 March 2013

We were fortunate to have Max as our guide for this fascinating walk last Friday, and despite the cold weather he kept us all interested throughout the tour. I recommend this walk rto anyone interested in the history of the great city of New York.

1 Thank Shackeng1
Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Wish I Had Time For Another Tour!”
Reviewed 25 March 2013

Unfortunately, I took the Village Sampler tour on my last day in the city, as I would have loved to have taken another. It's obvious Max has done his homework and wants to give you value for the money. He was knowledgeable and engaging, and I will be recommending his tours to anyone I can.

6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great way to learn about the city”
Reviewed 21 March 2013 via mobile

My son & I took the Village Sampler walking tour which covered Chelsea Market, the High Line, the Meatpacking district, and Greenwich Village. Our guide, Danielle, was fun, entertaining, and really knowledgeable about history as well as pop culture fun facts. I'd definitely recommend this for visitors and even locals who want to learn a lot in a fun way...and get some yummy snacks along the way!

1 Thank Teri K
Max V, Owner at CityRover Walks NY, responded to this review, 1 April 2013
Hi Teri, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about the Village Sampler tour with other travelers. I am very glad you enjoyed your time with Danielle, who is a lifelong New Yorker with a deep love for the city, and I hope you will consider joining us for another tour next time you visit.
Buenos Aires, Argentina
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing”
Reviewed 21 March 2013

You can tell that Max really loves what he does, because after 3 hours in the cold weather you still want to keep walking and listening to all the stories he has to tell. I had a great time last sunday visiting the West Village!
So, if you go to NY, I strongly recommend that you contact Max, you won't regret it :)