“On a weekend from Scotland/UK? Choose a City Rover Walk! Brilliant!”
Review of CityRover Walks NY

CityRover Walks NY
Book In Advance
and up
Private New York City Historic Downtown and Wall Street Walking Tour Including...
Private Downtown Art in NYC Tour
Private New York City High Line and Greenwich Village Walking Tour
Ranked #7 of 641 Tours in New York City
More attraction details
Owner description: Allow us to personalize a private, immersive and memorable NYC sightseeing tour for you.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Mr H and I were on a long weekend from Scotland to NYC, and were keeping it loose, but booked Max's Saturday afternoon Central Park Tour. What a great decision! We wished we had longer to book some more of his other walking tours, as this one was full of info, personal, with not too many people, and with little touches (can't give those away!), to make this tour unique.

We can't wait to get back to NYC to book more tours, particularly the Brooklyn Bridge one, or perhaps the High Line, or the Pub tour, or, in fact, any one! Max has great craic, and has researched well. He is also very personable, without being cheesy. He also makes a great effort to remember details about the people who are booked on his small groups. Return clients are acknowledged.

My head is still full of the information he passed on to us, (I am THAT kind of person), but even he couldn't have planned the bulldog on the skateboard we saw at the end of the tour! Smiles all round!

His after-care was great too, with recommendations for places to eat, transport links etc from where the tour ended. We can't wait to get back and book another tour! :)

1  Thank Craigview
Write a ReviewReviews (1,438)

Reviewed 16 August 2014

I can't recommend this enough. My daughter and I took the Central Park tour with Max and it was excellent. Max is very animated and knowledgeable. He made the tour very interesting and his enthusiasm spilled over into our entire tour group (which is limited to a small number). My daughter wasn't overly enthused when I told her I booked a 3.5 hour walking tour, but she ended up enjoying herself tremendously. This was definitely the highlight of my NYC trip and I will be taking more tours with CityRover when I return. Thanks Max for an excellent time - you clearly love what you do!

1  Thank Tamara O
Reviewed 16 August 2014

I highly, highly recommend this tour to anyone who will be spending a few days in NYC. In learning how the city developed and changed over the past century (or more) gives you a great understanding and appreciation for it. Danielle was such a wonderful guide; full of knowledge, passion & love for her city. Stopping for a pint at the oldest pub in NYC to the delicious doughnuts in
Chelsey Market, it really was one of the highlites of our trip. Thank you Danielle, we will be back for sure!!!!

Reviewed 16 August 2014

Great tour of the East Village and surrounding areas. Our tour guide Danielle did a very good job as she shared a plethora of little stories, and she was very accomodating and overall a pleasure to deal with. Oh yeah, she also brought us to the oldest pub in NYC and bought us a beer- what more can you ask for??

Reviewed 15 August 2014

Danielle filled my trip to NYC with entertaining, rich memories of history. She was funny, and passionate while unfolding the story of the Chelsea Market, HighLine Park, Meat Packing District and Greenwich Village. She fed us, watered us and gave us rest stops along the way. I am looking forward to going back and sharing this tour/guide with my family. Thanks, Danielle!!!