“Nice Atmosphere”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Greenwich Village
Cross street: Bleecker/Houston
Transit: We are located on 169 Sullivan Street, between Bleecker and West Houston. There are several subway lines close to the restaurant. The A,C,E or B,D,F,M lines to the West 4th Street station The 1 line to the Houston Street station The 6 train to the Bleecker street stop.
Description: Conveniently situated in the Sullivan, MacDougal Historic District, our little gem of a restaurant is a cozy oasis boasting plush magenta velvet banquets with a delightful European flair and a full bar. Perfect for small groups or a romantic dinner for two, Sullivan Bistro offers comfort food in a relaxed and charming atmosphere with attentive and friendly service. This neighborhood favorite is famous for its unique Dutch Crepes, Challah Bread French Toast, scrumptious Banana and Blueberry Pancakes, Free Range Roast Chicken, BBQ Baby Back Ribs, Sauteed Shrimp and Calamari and much more. Our burgers (including the vegetarian burger) have been described by many as the best in NYC! Please dine in with us and enjoy an evening of affordable delicious cuisine, sheer charm and a warm, inviting staff.
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Good bistro food in a nice atmosphere. Really good coffee. A good place to go to relax and enjoy comfort food.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Every time I go to SoHo, I go to breakfast/brunch at Sullivan Bistro. It's the perfect place. Food is always incredible. They have a great menu - lots to choose from. This trip I had the pancakes. My friend had the Challah french toast. We both were very happy with our choices. Everything comes out piping hot and delicious. The coffee was wonderful too. They have cornbread with caramel drizzle that accents the meal perfectly. Light and tasty. They even have $5 cocktails that are decent tasting. I had the bloody mary and my friend had the bellini. A good cocktail for $5 in New York? It's true.

Our server was Gelila and she was awesome. She was friendly and efficient. We really felt welcomed here. I'm looking forward to my trip in June so I can go back.

I love everything about this place: the service, food and atmosphere. It's rare to have everything come together so nicely. A great big thank you to Gelila and the staff at Sullivan Bistro. I'll definitely be back soon.

Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

I don't know if the 60s/70s music made it all taste so wonderful, but the food was terrific!

It's on my "save" lost for future visits.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

Meant to go to Jane and haven't been in years but things have changed as it now was an hour long wait and we had our 2 daughters with us. Reluctant to wait and stumbled upon this quaint bistro though small, it was very good. Pleasant staff and good service. Our girls are pretty use to dining out and well behaved and they looooved their delicious pancakes. Serving portions were good as not too skimpy and the complimentary cornbread with this divine pecan caramel drizzle. I forgot to ask what brand the caramel was as it was soooo good! It was a great little gem!

sullivanbistro169, Manager at Sullivan Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Thank you for your wonderful review and so happy that you found our little gem of a restaurant(smile) and very happy you and your family enjoyed your breakfast. The complimentary cornbread that we serve for brunch is drizzled with our very own caramel sauce!! Next time you come by, we can let you in on the secret of our caramel sauce!

Reviewed 18 February 2014

My husband and I frequent Sullivan Bistro whenever we're downtown and had dinner there this past Sunday. We really love this place. The atmosphere is civilized and void of pretension The wait staff is very friendly and welcoming. Never an attitude. I would describe the food as New American. My husband and I shared the special appetizer which was the smoked salmon on brioche with goat cheese and arugula salad. Simply fresh and excellent. For a main, I had the the cauliflower purée with shrimp and truffle oil. It was really delicious. My husband indulged in a Hangar steak with frites prepared with carmelized onions. Also very nicely done.

1  Thank Margret L