YOTEL New York
Room Mate Grace(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$205
US$195
Room Mate Hotels
  • Pool
The Westin New York Grand Central(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$382
US$350
  • Room Service
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
US$204
US$159
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness centre
US$189
US$159
  • Room Service
Soho Grand Hotel(New York City)
US$381
US$364
  • Restaurant
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$206
US$178
  • Room Service
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$213
US$176
Hotels.com
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness centre
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$377
US$250
Official Site
  • Room Service
Archer Hotel New York(New York City)
US$331
US$320
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$334
US$262
  • Pool
11,655 results
All reviewsmission controlthe galleyfree muffinspremium cabintimes squarenew yorkrooms are smallfourth flooryour luggageport authorityjavits centercool hotelhell's kitchentea coffeehudson riverqueen bedfew blocks
Reviewed 21 August 2013

This looked like a neat place and the reviews were intriguing. However, it really isn't that travel friendly. You have to walk by some pretty sketchy stretches of 42nd street - it is a little off the beaten path.
The check-in process is supposed to be 'futuristic' but frankly, the self-check-in at Hyatt Place beats this hands down. It also is awkward to check in on ground level and then realize you have to go to floor 4 to get to the real bank of elevators. The 4th floor lobby is a mad-house and poorly designed for pedestrian traffic. Al-in-all, pretty confusing.
My room was on the 26th floor. The elevators are dark and foreboding. The hallways are convoluted and very narrow. The rooms are miniscule and spartan. And for all the 'modernity' this hotel supposedly has, there were inadequate outlets, very noisy HVAC (they lie about the quiet), lame soap dispensers, no tissues, and yes, I can see how the mattress could be uncomfortable to some, although it was fine in my case. The best thing about the room was the view from the single window.
At breakfast, I opted for the $9.95 buffet (basically eggs and bacon) - but they charged an additional $3.50 for coffee service to your table-even though muffins and coffee were free to hotel guests in the same space.
Finally, at check out I had to basically repeat the check-in process, including swiping the credit card AGAIN and signing. All this for $199+tax.

Room Tip: Go for the top floors if you want any kind of view. I guess if you pay more you can get more than 1 window and slightly larger space.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank thomas m
Reviewed 20 August 2013

The best concept hotel by far!! After sleepless nights of trying to find a place to stay in NYC, I breathed a sigh of relief upon arriving at Yotel, Times Square, NY. Total newbies to the city but as a hospitality employee for over 10 years, my standards are high when it comes to choosing my own accommodation. Yotel was my most perfect choice yet and very fitting for the glam city vacation. Conveniently placed a stones throw from Times Square, we were within easy reach of everything. The closest subway station was either Times Square (corner of 7th) or Penn Station (corner of 8th), all walking distance along 42nd.
The check-in was self service and a great concept, the room was clean and bright, compact and very New York, the bathroom was sleek, sexy and very smartly designed. Everything was very cleverly designed and engineered including the retractable bed. I asked in the pre arrival email for an additional mattress pad as older reviews led me to belief the mattress was that of a futon, which was not true. The bed was very comfy and linens crisp. My expectations were met. This is a great hotel if your are a technology freak, a sucker for modern concepts and want to be in the heart of Manhattan. The concept is pretty much self service, so stay away if you expect the hotel to smother you or help you to open your suitcase because you lost the key for lock. This is a hotel designed for people who are self sufficient and seasoned travellers. Cabin crew are all around should you get into difficulty but we didn't need them at all.
The hotel has a party vibe on weekends, so if your a prude, or party pooper, look away......there's a popular bar on the main level which may be off-putting for the narrow minded, we didn't mind it and it certainly didn't disturb us in the room (level 10).. Would highly recommend Yotel and if I return to NYC, I would consider one of suites with hot tub we saw below us (so jealous)...the non hassle place to stay..thumbs up!

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Yotel has a very design and hipster look. The crew there is very helpful. They helped us during the check-in (5 minutes) from the computers at the entrance. The reception, concierge, breakfast, restaurant and the terrace are on the 4th floor.
The breakfast consists of muffins and tea or coffee. You can have bacon, eggs etc for 10$ extra.
We didn't have dinner there or have the extra breakfast so I can't comment on those. We just grabbed our coffee and muffin and started our visits.
The "Premium View Cabin Queen" standard room was very small but it didn't bother us. We still had space for our stuff. The retractable bed helped to make extra space when you aren't sleeping. The room and hotel being all white you could see better that it was very clean.
I have no complaint as everything was easy and the crew very helpful. I higly recommend it.
Btw you have to like to walk to get to the hotel from Times Square.

Reviewed 19 August 2013

Great, well designed room. Common areas are a bit worn, but again, well designed. Location is a bit inconvenient if you travel by subway. Very comfortable retractable bed. Great outdoor patio bar, and coffee service on each floor.

1  Thank Lakewolfe
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Stayed in an Executive View Room. Can't comment on other rooms, but this was of adequate size considering that it was a hotel within walking distance of Times Square. The view was exemplary...floor to ceiling windows on two walls. The bed did not fold up, as this was a larger room and did not need the expansion in living space, but it was still futon-like with a thin mattress. I did not mind this at all but those who prefer a thicker mattress might object. The gallery was nice and provided lattes and cappuccinos that were not bad. Some of the furnishings seemed a bit cheap, like the plastic chair and the frame around the TV that kept popping off. Again, since we were in a larger room the bathroom was set back from the bedroom, although it did feature the same perverse glass door. Staff were very polite and helpful. Most of the clientele seemed young and/or European, but this middle aged upstate couple didn't mind it at all. Nice place for budget minded travelers to NYC.

Room Tip: I would suggest paying a little extra for an Executive View Room. The views really are spectacular, and the room is decent sized for Manhattan.