“Nice and easy, but too simple breakfast”
Review of YOTEL New York

YOTEL New York
Ranked #135 of 471 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 18 May 2014

This hotel was easily accessible from the airport. It is not really on Times Square but a few blocks away. The rooms are very small but OK for the amount of luggage we had. If you travel heavy, you should choose another hotel.
The "breakfast" included was a muffin and a coffee. That´s OK in a way, but less than one expects compared to any other hotel I´ve been in.
Easy self check-in and luggage storing is a plus!

Room Tip: I think all rooms are facing outwards and are noise protected.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 190479Okr
Jose N, Manager at YOTEL New York, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Hello 190479Okr!

Thank you for sharing your review with us! We are happy to hear you found the property nice and easy, however, we are sorry to hear the complimentary breakfast option was too simple for you. The restaurant offers a full breakfast menu for an additional charge, the complimentary coffee, tea and muffins is just one more of the perks you get at Yotel New York.
We hope to see you soon! If there’s anything we can ever be of assistance with, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us at reservations@yotelnewyork.com.

Jose - Assistant General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (11,360)

Reviewed 18 May 2014

This hotel is a very good option if you want to stay at a very good spot in Manhattan, within a walking distance to Times Square.
It is a modern hotel, with lots of young people going there because of its appeal and affordable price compared to other options close to Times Sq.
It has a very small breakfast which is a plus considering hotels in NY usually don't offer anything.
Staff is very helpful. Special mention to Linda Ibroci, that could not be more professional.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Ola abnerfreitas84 !

Thank you for your visit and incredible feedback. It always makes us smile when we know our guests would consider returning one day! We will look forward to it and please let us know if we can assist.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

I had a wonderful stay in NYC...and the Yotel was perfect. Great location, extremely friendly staff and clean rooms. I loved the whole experience! The rooms are small and tidy and very quiet. I loved the ability to check in and out quickly. I was also very impressed with the "doormen" who very so helpful!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Stephen D

Hello Stephen D!

We thank you for your kind words and support and are pleased that your stay with us met your
full satisfaction. It is always a pleasure to know that the combined efforts of our entire crew members result in exceptional experiences for our guests.

Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

It's a bit confusing as far as self check in because I got stuck for a bit. There's no incidentals fee since there's no (movies to order, room service, or fees towards smoking).
I went up the first set of elevators, they're very dark and it opens to the 4th floor which is a club area/bar area/computer area/ and what have you. I went to the second set of elevators that are key operated and in another dark elevator. I got to the room and was a little impressed by the decor. It's very modern minimalist. Like if IKEA opened it's own line of hotels.
There are even minimal towels: 2 of everything. The shower is small but decent. The bed is like my first sofa bed in college (it sucked).
My only complaint is the noise from the outside terraces.
You can hear the music, loud talking and yelling over the music and whatever else is going on on the street, which stinks if you're
Trying to sleep peacefully at night.

This place is great if you are single or come with a friend/ or are a younger couple.
If you have kids or are older this hotel may not be your cup of tea.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Hi TheAngryTraveler!

Thank you for your review. We are very sorry to hear that your stay with us was not to your satisfaction due to the noises from the terraces below, I wish we would have had the opportunity to address this while you were with us.
Please reach out to us prior to your return at reservations@yotelnewyork.com for any assistance.

Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

We didn't plan on spending much time in the hotel as had so much to explore in NYC! Just somewhere to shower & sleep! Very 'compact' cabins. Clean, great service from staff, very modern & had its quirks. It did exactly what we needed it to do. Funky music in the lifts, very easy to check in & out. Only thing I didn't like was there was nothing but a curtain separating the bedroom to the bathroom! Not very private when you needed it to be!!! Great location though, lots of smart bars on every street & staff are always happy to get you a cab if needed. Only 'issue' is cabins are so small.... But that's the point! Compact, just what you need & at great value for its location. Who plans on spending all their trip in their cabin anyway?!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Elvis G, Manager at YOTEL New York, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Hello Leah A!

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! We are thrilled to hear you noticed our high cleanliness standards along with great customer service from our crew.

Elvis - Assistant Director Mission & Ground Control

Reviewed 14 May 2014

I stayed here for 5 nights due to a conference at the Javits Center, which was a short walk away. I liked the funky hip decor and lighting, although I didn't love the auto check-in and check-out booths (which, of course, gave me an error message and I ended up going to the human being on the 4th floor lobby instead.)

I liked my room overall in terms of its design and light/brightness and well-apportioned space. But when I first entered the room, I slammed my head on the board that overhung the luggage rack when I tried to put my luggage down. I guess that board is handy for additional clothes to hang and to store things on top, but as a new person entering the room, not the greatest spot to put it. Also not sure I liked having the bed closer to the door instead of the bathroom, as the hallway could be noisy at times. Overall it was a fairly quiet room though on a higher floor, not much road noise and I couldn't hear my neighbors much.

The bed wasn't that comfortable. It's basically a futon mattress that converts between sofa and bed with an electric switch. I think they should consider better mattresses. It was ok for maybe 1 or 2 nights, but beyond that I felt progressively sore.

I did like that the room was spotlessly clean and liked the shower and sink area and the nice smelling shower products.

The location is OK. I've lived in NYC before, and it's sort of a weird remote spot near the Lincoln Tunnel entrance, but isn't too far from Hell's Kitchen or Times Square, and the Port Authority subway stop is 2 blocks away. But that part of town does feel kind of empty and drafty relative to the more glamorous, busy parts of Manhattan.

Loved the mini-breakfast with delicious muffins and tea/coffee. Liked having water/tea/coffee available on the floor galley too. The bar food was tasty, if overpriced for the small portions.

Overall probably ideal for a short stay, and a good value for the price, but I'd rather be closer to a cooler neighborhood next time.

Room Tip: higher floor probably means quieter location
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Jose N, Manager at YOTEL New York, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Hello jeanki!

Thank you for sharing such a comprehensive review with us! We are happy to read you noticed our high cleanliness standards in our cabins.Our mattresses are hand-made of organic coconut husk and lambswool; not your typical mattress. Although we have many guests that enjoy them, others, similar to yourself, do not. However, we will have a solution soon!

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Great stay at Yotel NY
only the aircondition which was placed in the shower was to loud and it´s not possible to switch it of.
Great View to Empire State Building
every thing you want so see is near and easy to reach.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Jose N, Manager at YOTEL New York, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Hello Michael N!

Thank you for sharing your review with us! Sounds like you stayed in our Premium Cabin or Premium View Cabin. For a really amazing view, you might want to check-out our Executive View Cabin the next time you are in town; it's got a floor-to-ceiling dual aspect view of Manhattan! Thank you for the note regarding the vent in the shower, I have passed that along to our Engineering time to look into it.