“It was a great updated hotel with great service and good food”

YOTEL New York at Times Square West
Ranked #134 of 469 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

Yes it was small but they tell you that on their site before booking. But I was fine with that, it was only a 5min walk to times square. The food and rhe ambiance on their deck was refreshing. And the food was good. Very clean with great service. We got there at about 11am and our room was ready for check in. Overall it was a great hotel and yes I would stay again

• Stayed: June 2014
Jose N, Manager at YOTEL New York at Times Square West, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Hello Maureen H!

Thank you for sharing your review and positive and experience with us! We are delighted to hear you encountered our product and services to your liking.
We hope to see you soon! If there’s anything we can ever be of assistance with, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us at reservations@yotelnewyork.com.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

I liked the room, the view was amazing, the building is pleasing in every way. and I like the whole galley and what it has to offer as well as those delicious muffins in the morning that are complimentary. However, the actual staff, not so great! I had a voucher through this booking that varified the morning that I planned to use it and was assured it would be taken care of if I directed the restaurant to Mission Control. Well it was not that easy, it was an ordeal and a friend was sent back up later with nothing and told that I have to show proof of that offer... How embarrassing it was for me that my guest was sent up like that. I spoke with them and still had to forward the email that I booked through, even with it already in their system, to get the food I ordered, AND I spent more then the $50. NOW, this becomes work for me!! Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I'm paying them to service me... through an offer that was sent by them to trust their service and stay with them in a wonderful hotel so as to have a great experience and become a loyal repeat customer that chooses them over other brands.... Well let me tell ya, I'll stick with STARWOOD Hotels, cause they don't say no, don't allow or ASK their customers to work to prove they are not lying about an offer. Yotel, I have worked as a retail store manager for 10 years and am currently serving my 14th year in the US ARMY, both careers as you see are all about serving, you have a long way to go if that is how you make a customer feel. I may not be returning to this brand again. You can have the most beautiful, lavish, extravagant Hotel in the world and at a great price... however, the service is EVERYTHING to me. Goodbye.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Hello James G!

Thank you for your review! We apologize profusely for the delays in honoring voucher that you
were given as part of the F&B credit offer. We also would like to apologize for
the poor service you received from our crew members. Our employees are given extensive
training and we are sincere in our efforts to provide only the highest customer service possible.

Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

Great stay. Very sleek, modern cleverly designed rooms or cabins. Great muffins and coffee thrown in for brek. Superb location. Best of all though is the mighty Yobot which stores your luggage for you. It's the future!

Only downside was arriving on a Saturday night we felt like we were crashing a private club with big crowds and loud music. Not a problem when got up to room but felt strange at the time.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Jose N, Manager at YOTEL New York at Times Square West, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

Hello Nigel U!

Thank you for sharing your positive experience with us! We are so pleased to hear that you
enjoyed interacting with YOBOT. We sincerely value your time with us and are looking to welcome you again at our hotel.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

Great hotel in a perfect position, close enough to Time square. The rooms are small, but comfortable and perfectly organized. There is a small complimentary breakfast at fourth floor tea, coffe and muffins.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Hello flo c!

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your review with us! We are so glad to hear you found our hotel to be comfortable and perfectly organized.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

Not your average hotel! They have created a modern contemporary spaceship-type environment. Electronic check-in and out, and room small but interesting. If you're with someone who demands bathroom privacy, then this probably isn't for you...no solid door for toilet area. However, light, clean and airy. Bed is similar to futon for sitting area during day and goes down for sleeping (very firm mattress). Convenient location and parking right next door ($42 + valet). Nice view from our "cabin." Wasn't aware of some of the amenities until too late - but mainly our fault as we didn't read the brochure in the cabin because we jumped right into sightseeing. Recommend for the price and coolness factor.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Hello 39teresah!

We’re so happy that you enjoyed your stay! We are a refreshing change aren’t we? Lol. Thanks so much for your review! Sounds like you stayed in our Premium Cabin or Premium View Cabin. For a really amazing view, you might want to check-out our Executive View Cabin the next time you are in town; it's got a floor-to-ceiling dual aspect view of Manhattan!

Reviewed 17 July 2014

Great location! I enjoyed walking around the city; everywhere I wanted to go was within easy walking distance, also close to subway. Staff very knowledgeable, and friendly. I needed help checking in and checking out the staff was super in walking me through the process. (It really was quite easy) Room was adequate and functional. Super clean. Layout was appropriate and although small didn't feel cramped. I had a great view of NY skyline and Hudson River. The bed too hard for me is my only complaint.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Hello ISC363!

Thank you for sharing your positive review with us! We consistently strive to achieve this satisfaction for all of our hotel guests and always welcome and appreciate your feedback and suggestions. On behalf of the crew at Yotel New York, we look forward to your next stay with us and hope that it is just as agreeable as your last.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

Just stayed 3 days at the Yotel in Manhattan and I must say I didn't hate it, but wouldn't likely stay there again. It was just to darn small for my wife and I. The bathroom (or lack of) only has a curtain and clear glass doors to separate it from the bed. So if you have an upset stomach after stuffing yourself with all the great food in NYC don't expect any privacy when you go for the "release". There is a bathroom on the main lobby (4th floor) but it is only a single so if you use it expect to be bothered by others trying to use it as well.

They do give you muffins in the morning and you are fairly close to many things. Great location, but would avoid if not traveling alone.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello Javajunkie69!

Thank you for your review! While we understand that our design concept is not for everyone, we are very straightforward about the size of our cabins and include total square footage, photos, and descriptions on our website. Hopefully, you will consider giving us another chance in one of our larger cabins, such as the Executive View Cabin or First Cabin with King-sized bed.