I just spent 5 nights at the Conrad. It is brand new with huge, modern rooms (especially by Manhattan standards) with amazing bathrooms. The location is not that great if you are a tourist, though it is conveniently located for those who work in the financial sector. There are a few restaurants and eateries nearby: The bagel place (I had a bagel and a very generous fruit cup every morning I stayed there) and the shake shack are great, through you may want to skip the mediocre pizza place.
The staff is generally nice and polite. I was not too happy with the room service which did not leave me additional shampoo, conditioner and body wash (I doubt they checked to make sure there would be enough for next use!). Plus I noticed that the body cream, which I would not use anyway, was open. The shoe shine was complementary, though the quality was not very satisfactory. The biggest negatives are the endless additional fees:
- $65 parking (this is not midtown)
- Local call fee and domestic call fee (I believe with a $10 connection fee)
- $15 internet fee (no complementary internet in lobby)
- Early departure fee, most hotels have this fee but most good hotels instantly waive this fee if sufficient notice is given (even if you have already checked in). This waiver is especially important for business travelers who may not know how many days they need to stay in town until they get there.
- $25 fee to take mini-bar contents out for personal use of the mini-fridge (see photo). If you need to keep your insulin, medicines, baby formula or midnight snack refrigerated, be prepared to pay their fee.
In summary, it seems their nightly rate is not high enough to cover their cost and the hotel is forced to make up the difference with additional fees. Maybe the hotel managers should consider removing the fees and covering the costs with higher occupancy rates.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of lower Manhattan's Battery Park City, the Conrad New York is a new contemporary all-suite luxury hotel. With magnificent views of the Hudson River, this exceptional hotel is adjacent to Hudson River Park, in close proximity to many of the city's important and historic landmarks and prominent neighborhoods, including TriBeCa and SoHo. The Conrad New York offers a new standard of luxury, featuring 463 spacious guest suites that average over 430 square feet, each outfitted with integrated technology, complimentary WiFi, two flat-screen HD televisions and individual climate control, as well other unparalleled in-room amenities. Sixteen stories above street level, the hotel features a striking seasonal rooftop bar providing stunning views of the Statue of Liberty and New York Harbor. The hotel boasts over 30,000 square feet of adaptable meeting space, including the 6,200 square-foot Gallery Ballroom; Danny Meyer's Union Square Events will be the exclusive food and beverage partner of the hotel's onsite conference and event facilities. The Conrad New York is pursuing Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Gold certification. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Southall Travel, TravelUp, Hotelopia, Hilton Hotels Direct and Hotels.com so you can book your Conrad New York reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Conrad New York Hotel New York City
- Suites Nyc