“Great stay with nothing to sniffle at”
Review of Conrad New York

Ranked #30 of 473 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 19 January 2013

If you have to be sick during your Christmas vacation, this is the place to stay. Staff was great in getting us a humidifier, and chicken soup was a few steps outside the hotel at Pick A Bagel. Suite with sliding room dividers made for an easy intensive care unit in the living room. Housekeeping was friendly and understanding about working with shut-ins. Hotel was beautiful, a short post-recovery harborside walk to Battery Park, and a short cab ride to Chelsea Piers harbor tours, Broadway, and Greenwich Village clubs (loved Terra Blues). A wonderful stay under trying circumstances.

Room Tip: Rooms with water views don't have sofabeds.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank dan_dee
ConradNewYork, Manager at Conrad New York, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2013

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We are so sorry to hear you were feeling ill during your visit here, but so glad our staff were able to accommodate with all your needs and requests. I am happy you enjoyed the comfort of your guest suite as well as the location of the hotel itself. We look forward to welcoming you back for another stay at the Conrad New York when you are feeling fully healthy.

Jimmy

Jimmy Sarfraz
Resident Manager
Email: jimmy.sarfraz@conradhotels.com

Write a ReviewReviews (3,526)

Reviewed 19 January 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I decided to go to nyc for the holiday season and chose to stay at the Conrad ny, located near Wall Street. Initialing walking into the hotel, we were very impressed, the architecture is over the top and quite beautiful. Check in was so simple and fast. We got to the room(on the 6th floor) and opened the door and was quite taking back by how big the room was. The room has a pretty big living room space, hallway with a separate toilet and shower(which could easily fit 6) and a kitchen area with sink, fridge, and cabinet with glasses and a bedroom which is a good size with double closets. Flat screen TV's are located in both rooms and both TV's have a welcome screen with your name on it. Te stay was great, very comfortable bed and bedding, great bathroom and shower products. The hotel was quite and we were not bothered by anything or anyone. The one strange thing is no ice machine, the hotel is far to swanky for that, you have to call the front desk and they bring you ice in a bucket. The hotel is located about a block from the Hudson River and an amazing view of New Jersey and the Statue of Liberty. The hotel is located relatively close to subway stops so getting to other parts of the city was easy. The only negative I have was that we got a 6am wake up call that we did not ask for :(. Check out was just as fast and simple as check in. Overall it was a great hotel and we had a great experience and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank nichole b
Reviewed 18 January 2013

I would definitely recommend the Conrad New York! The rooms are nice and spacious, they have a nice bar and restaurant (their version of Eggs Benedict is great!) and the staff is superb. While staying at the hotel I had to take several boxes to an office across the street. I asked for help from one of the bellman, Tio. He happily helped me carry the boxes across the street. Once we made it inside of the building, I told him I had it from there. However, I think Tio saw that I would not be able to carry everything on my own and he refused to leave my side. Instead helped me get the boxes through security (which was not an easy task) and up to the offices. There was no way I would have managed it without him. It is that level of commitment to customer service that will ensure that I will definitely stay at the Conrad New York again. Thanks Tio!

1  Thank Sara D
Reviewed 18 January 2013

I just spent 5 nights at the Conrad. It is brand new with huge, modern rooms (especially by Manhattan standards) with amazing bathrooms. The location is not that great if you are a tourist, though it is conveniently located for those who work in the financial sector. There are a few restaurants and eateries nearby: The bagel place (I had a bagel and a very generous fruit cup every morning I stayed there) and the shake shack are great, through you may want to skip the mediocre pizza place.

The staff is generally nice and polite. I was not too happy with the room service which did not leave me additional shampoo, conditioner and body wash (I doubt they checked to make sure there would be enough for next use!). Plus I noticed that the body cream, which I would not use anyway, was open. The shoe shine was complementary, though the quality was not very satisfactory. The biggest negatives are the endless additional fees:
- $65 parking (this is not midtown)
- Local call fee and domestic call fee (I believe with a $10 connection fee)
- $15 internet fee (no complementary internet in lobby)
- Early departure fee, most hotels have this fee but most good hotels instantly waive this fee if sufficient notice is given (even if you have already checked in). This waiver is especially important for business travelers who may not know how many days they need to stay in town until they get there.
- $25 fee to take mini-bar contents out for personal use of the mini-fridge (see photo). If you need to keep your insulin, medicines, baby formula or midnight snack refrigerated, be prepared to pay their fee.

In summary, it seems their nightly rate is not high enough to cover their cost and the hotel is forced to make up the difference with additional fees. Maybe the hotel managers should consider removing the fees and covering the costs with higher occupancy rates.

1  Thank EkiAndi
ConradNewYork, Manager at Conrad New York, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us. We appreciate your input on the service and value at our hotel and we apologize if our fees were not made clear at the time of booking. We strive to offer the quality accommodations our guests deserve at an affordable rate by offering optional amenities at an additional charge. We will work harder to ensure this is clear to our future guests so similar confusion is avoided moving forward. We hope to have another opportunity to show you the quality stay you deserve from us the next time you are in the area.

Jimmy

Jimmy Sarfraz
Resident Manager
Email: jimmy.sarfraz@conradhotels.com

Reviewed 18 January 2013

I have stayed at Conrad twice and have loved it. The view from the room which overlooks the hudson river is amazing. Also, given that it is in lower manhattan, it is convenient to travel to times square/jersey city from here.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 January 2013

If being at the southernmost part of Manhattan will work for you - easy access to SoHo, Tribeca, Battery Park - then this is a great option! This hotel is beautiful. The rooms are very large by any standard. (Whoever says this is an Embassy Suites is nuts.) The location is fun - right across from the Irish Hunger Memorial, on the water, near the ferry to Brooklyn, a Whole Foods around the corner. Fresh, new, clean, huge shower, great beds, cool lighting. I LOVED IT! My biggest peeve in NY is a tiny hotel room. This is anything but.

Ok - the drawback - it's far from midtown or the park, museums, etc. Either make it a 30 minute adventure - walk to and ride on subway - or pay $20 for a cab. If a comfortable hotel room means a lot to you, head to the Conrad. And all of the people I encountered - front desk, doormen, housekeepers - were very very pleasant. All in all a great stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view.
1  Thank sfwood
Reviewed 16 January 2013

My husband and I took our 16 yr old daughter and 5 of her friends to nyc to see show 12/23/12. Reserved 2 rooms thru Travelzoo at the Conrad...never been there, but reviews seemed ok. We were all pleasantly surprised! The location is awesome, right on Hudson, very litte traffice/noise and the rooms were huge by nyc standards. Very modern, clean, courteous staff..girls loved the walk in shower and "touch control" blinds/curtains!! Close commute to Broadway shows, time square, etc...fabulous weekend!! Girls want to stay at the Conrad for next trip.....

Room Tip: Rooms with double beds all on city side...rooms w/kings are facing the Hudson....fantastic view!!!!
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family