“contemporary comfort”

GreenLeadersGold level
Seattle, United States
“contemporary comfort”
Reviewed 7 February 2014

The Conrad is convenient to the World Trade center. The good is a nice but limited menu, comfortable accommodations, and a competent staff. The negatives are the area is still under construction which limits other nearby options and increases the noise. The modern bathroom fixtures are a bit obtuse in temperature control and elements of the furnishings remind me of Ikea.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Conrad Hotels & Resorts

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (735)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 6 February 2014

This was my first visit to the Conrad New York. I have always loved the Conrad brand for the Hilton chains and so far they have all lived up to their expectations...except for this one.

First off, the pros; the front desk was amazing, I have no complaints there. They were extremely helpful and had all my amenities sent to my room. Once in my room, I was very impressed with the size of the suites. With this being NYC, having a separate living room and massive walk-in shower was just luxury.

Now for the cons; I had a bottle of white wine I wanted to have on ice. I called the housekeeping and asked if they could bring some ice to my room. I was told it would be there right away. Thirty minutes passes and still no ice, so I call back. Same response "We should have it to your room in a few minutes" Another thirty minutes and not a single knock on the door. I call back a third time, this time Im getting a little irritated because I had dinner reservations and wanted a little drink before heading out. "Hi I was wondering if the ice was still coming to my room? I called thirty minutes ago and I still haven't received it". The next thing I hear is the lady on the phone giving me attitude like its my fault that I called three times for ice?? Anyways, I decided to leave and couldn't wait anymore. I saw one of the housekeeping ladies and asked her on the way to the elevator if she could just leave some ice in my room. She was great, she even put my bottle of wine on ice when I got back without me having to ask. Besides the whole ice incident, there were a few other things that also shocked me. I got out of the cab to check-in and the doormen were just standing there watching me and my girlfriend struggle with our luggages. Also, no help carrying up our bags to our room. As for the breakfast included with the package I booked, it was also disappointing. Just ONE selection of 5 small items on a one card menu. Either a few pastries or fruits and a side of orange juice.

Overall, this was still a great experience as the hotel is in a great location and I found it to be of great value for what you get. I just wish they had more consistent service as compared to other Conrad hotels Ive stayed in the past.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
ConradNewYork, Front Office Manager at Conrad New York, responded to this review, 7 February 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to share this review. First and foremost, please accept our sincere apologies regarding some of the service issues you experienced during your stay with us. We have messaged you privately to gather more information about your stay in order to prevent any further issues like this from occurring. I am happy to hear you appreciated all of the other aspects of your stay including the spacious guest suite size and attentive service from our Housekeeping and Front Office departments. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Conrad New York the next time you are in NYC.

Yon

Yon Guerricaechebarria
Director of Front Office Operations
102 North End Avenue
New York, NY 10282
Email: yon.guerricaechebarria@conradhotels.com
new york
Reviewed 5 February 2014

Excellent hotel. Great rooms and service. STay here all the time with the family. Luxury suite is modern, clean and comfortable. I have stayed here multiple times. Also a pet friendly hotel :) This is a great location that is on the west side highway so easy to get up north.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Conrad Hotels & Resorts

Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 February 2014 via mobile

A hotel that possibly tries a little too hard. Rooms controlled by electronic switches - problem is that the lights occasionally turn themselves off, en mass, for no apparent reason. Breakfast is not a buffet, but you take things off a menu. Wouldn't be bad, except that bacon, sausage, eggs, potatoes and orange juice came to over $50. Food quality is good, but you do get the feeling that this is a hotel set up for its surroundings: the financial sector of New York.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Clivel_98
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Location: tucked away from the crowd while being close to everything. Overlooking the river. Wonderful.

Exterior: modern, refreshing and creative. I especially like the lighting (from lobby to hallway to bathroom). You can tell they have been very carefully designed and beautifully executed.

Room: Generous space for NYC, top quality materials, technology-infused. The TV is at correct aspect ratio and I like the matte screen. Plus you can download an app on iOS/Android phone/tablet to control the TV. Lighting control is very cool. Love the triangle showroom.

Restaurants: Had a wine one night and breakfast in the morning. Pretty view and good service. A bit pricey and they have a special Hhonors member menu if you get free breakfast from being Gold/Diamond.

It's a pity the rooftop bar was closed when I visited. I wonder if hotel can do something to keep it open all year round, say a full-glass bar area.

If my review sounds like an advertisement for Conrand New York, it just shows how much I enjoyed my stay. :)

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
ConradNewYork, General Manager at Conrad New York, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to share this review. We are thrilled to hear you had an exceptional stay at the Conrad New York and enjoyed so many features of our hotel, from the spacious guest suite size to the Downtown location, right across from the Hudson River. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel the next time you are in NYC - hopefully over the warmer months so you can experience our Rooftop Bar as well!

Robert

Robert Rechtermann
102 North End Avenue
New York, NY 10282
Email: Robert.Rechtermann@conradhotels.com
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Conrad's location is perfect for ppl going to nearby offices. the rooms are always kept clean and even the entertainment part is well taken care off. Dont forget to enroll yourself for hilton honours before paying the bills. Should be very helpful

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 29 January 2014

We stayed here for a weekend in January and we loved it so much that we will not look for another hotel in New York anymore.
We have stayed in different places in NY and nothing compares to Conrad.
The location better than midtown, close proximity to Chinatown, SoHo,Little Italy and financial District.
The lobby is amazing and so open.
The rooms are spacious- they all are two room suits. The bathroom was unbelievable- separate huge shower with good water pressure.
The staff is friendly, polite and ready to assist you in anything you want. The restaurant was lovely with good cocktail selections.

This is truly a gem for NY and Conrad has done it again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple