“What a beautiful hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
Asia, Peru
“What a beautiful hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

We stayed here on the way back home, and we were so impressed with the hotel room. It is one of the most beautiful hotel rooms we have seen, and definitely one of our favourites. We got a king standard room, and loved the cosy living area with separate tv, the bathroom/shower area and what a comfortable bed...it was divine!

We also loved the huge flat screen tv in the room, with plenty of channels, including live coverage of our favourite English Premier League matches. We ordered room service one evening when we were too tired to go out and the food is top quality and super tasty - we had the New York strip steak, chicken noodle soup (amazing!), pepperoni pizza and sauteed kale...everything was so tasty, comforting and so very satisfying. Didn't see why we had to leave the hotel for food!

Another great tip is that Shake Shack (if you havent been, this is a MUST try), Chipotle, Le Pain Quotidien and Whole Foods are within walking distance from the hotel, and Battery Park is of course so pleasant to walk around in the mornings. We also walked up to Broadway from the hotel for some shopping, and we loved staying here while in NYC. Comfortable, pleasant and what an awesome room to boot! Highly recommended.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ConradNewYork, General Manager at Conrad New York, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Thank you so much for choosing the Conrad New York during your recent visit to New York City. We are thrilled that you had such a memorable stay with us and are honored to hear it was one of the most beautiful hotels you have stayed in. I am also glad you appreciated our guest suite amenities as well as the In-Room Dining. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Robert

Robert Rechtermann
Conrad New York
102 North End Avenue
New York, NY 10282
Email: Robert.Rechtermann@conradhotels.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (722)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

I was staying for a few extra days in New York after a business trip and got an excellent weekend deal at the hotel so the first thing I would say is that I got exceptional value for money.

Upon arrival the door-men were eager and attentive, my luggage was taken from me to enable me to get upstairs to check-in and then caught up with me only minutes after I arrived in my room.

I found some of the check-in staff less than helpful - I initially lined up to check in but was dismissed by one check-in agent when he saw that I had a luggage ticket and assumed I wanted my luggage (the ticket had just been given to me when I walked in to the hotel) which confused me and led to me having to line up all over again!

That said, my experience beyond this was very good. My room was spacious, comfortable and exceeded my expectations. Everything was easy to operate - lighting, TV, etc and the bed was very comfortable.

I ordered room service and was very impressed by the speed of service and the quality of the food - in fact, I had a dessert which I have to admit was one of the best desserts I have ever tasted!

I met a friend to watch a movie on my second night and was delighted to find that I could access the Regal Cinema from the lobby of the hotel - another bonus!

A little underwhelmed by the gym facilities but that is par for the course in most hotels in Downtown Manhattan and it certainly wouldn't be something I would score it down on.

The scale of the lobby is impressive but was more like Heathrow Terminal 5 check-in than a hotel lobby. This meant it was a little clinical and anonymous.

This was my first stay at a Conrad hotel and I will certainly be returning to others in the future if this experience was anything to go by!

Room Tip: I had a room on the 4th floor facing out on to North End Avenue and it was quiet and light. I even...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
West River, MD
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

First rate hotel. Great location, great staff. Couldn't ask for anything better. High tech junkies will love the rooms. Easy to go anywhere in the city. View of the river. Next to the 9/11 memorial. The staff could not have been nicer. Easy walking to anything downtown.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Falls Church, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

We brought our son here for spring break and loved it. This is an excellent hotel with great service, I gave one of the staff FAA Trip Advisor customer service pin after she went above and beyond to move us twice upon check-in. The rooms are fantastic and well appointed and excellent amenities like the Nespresso coffee machine. The concierge was very knowledgeable and helpful. We would definitely come back!

Stayed April 2014
Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

I stayed here as part of a conference. Taxi driver found it hard to find as the external entrance is not outstanding, but once inside, it is remarkable. The staff were great throughout and it is very modern in both the public areas and guest rooms.

There are some great views from the galleries, but most rooms face another block. I found the lighting in the room hard together on with, especially in the night. Not too much traffic and sirens at this end of Manhattan but also quite a long way to anywhere and few good restaurants at weekends.

Overall pretty fine if the location works for you.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank SAPStar
Durham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

Just returned from short 5 day trip to NYC and stayed at the Conrad. Located almost on the waterfront with superb views. Relatively quiet location away from hustle and bustle, restaurants and bars in walking distance and more to come when building work and development in surrounding area is completed. Short walk to nearest subway station, took us about 7 minutes. Easy walking distance to Wall Street and Staten Island ferry terminal. Didn't eat or drink in hotel so can't comment on that but from menus looked quite expensive and of course the items in mini bar were extortionate. The lobby is huge and minimalistic but seemed a bit soulless to us. Check in and check out was very quick, although our pre check in e mail request for a high floor room with river view was neither acknowledged or granted. The room we got however was faultless. Spotlessly clean, very spacious with lovely bedding and toiletries. Housekeeping was excellent and the room was very quiet. We were disappointed not to have one of the 'walk in' showers that other reviewers rave about as we had a bath tub with overhead shower that was ok. The staff we encountered were neither friendly or unfriendly, all a bit indifferent with the exception of the door staff who were very pleasant and helpful. Would stay again. Only major gripe was the price of internet access, $14.95 for 24 hours, just seems ridiculous and greedy that a 5star establishment charges this amount when places like Starbucks and mcdonalds let customers have it for free!

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

My wife and I were recently in New York City for a celebration with friends. Our friends suggested that we stay at the Conrad, even though the celebratory event was in Brooklyn. The Conrad, located in Battery Park, just a few blocks from the 9/11 memorial site and the new Freedom Tower, would not have typically been our choice. It would seem to be off the beaten bath and an inconvenient location for an event in Brooklyn. Actually, the Conrad is just a short walk from major subway stops and an easy/quick taxi ride over the Brooklyn Bridge to Brooklyn. Getting around Manhattan and Brooklyn was relatively easy. Since there aren't many hotels in Brooklyn, the Conrad turned out to be an excellent choice.

The hotel is physically beautiful, with a strikingly modern interior design and very nicely appointed large rooms. We had an upper floor suite facing the Hudson River with lovely views of the river and New Jersey skyline. There was interesting artwork in our room as well as throughout the hotel. The Conrad offers every possible amenity and the rooms are sufficiently quiet to guarantee a great night's sleep.

As Hilton Honors Gold Club members, our room included free wireless internet, and breakfast in the hotel's first floor restaurant - Atrio. The breakfast was outstanding - elegant, generous and unusual. We didn't have dinner there, but the menu looked very interesting and reasonably priced for New York City.

The Conrad is located close to the Battery Park Esplanade which borders the Hudson River and provides a quiet and beautiful area for running, walking, sitting, dining and people-watching.

As a final I comment, I need to state that the Conrad's staff, at all levels was, among the best we have encountered anywhere in our travels. They are friendly, helpful, professional and extremely well-trained. They made our stay in New York City very special. We have already reserved a room for our next visit to the area in July.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple