3,843 results
All reviews battery park hudson river brookfield place shake shack rooftop bar blue smoke statue of liberty lower manhattan goldman sachs the financial district new york nespresso machine chambers street world trade center jersey city freedom tower bagel shop
Reviewed 25 June 2018

Staying at the Conrad NY , is possibly the only hotel where the bed is better than my own! It’s like floating on a fluffy marshmallow cloud. I love the smell of the bath amenities and the fact that the bedroom has a sliding door. It is close to soho, jersey ferry, freedom tower, tribeca , battery park and that’s enough for me.

Review collected in partnership with Conrad Hotels & Resorts
ConradNewYork, General Manager at Conrad New York, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Dear Karen,

We are so pleased to read you enjoy our comfortable beds and one of our bath amenity lines! I wonder if it was Tara Smith, The Refinery, Shanghai Tang, etc. We are only a few steps away from main attractions, shops, and restaurants in Lower Manhattan.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 22 June 2018

I booked a Deluxe Suite at the Conrad Hilton in NYC for three nights, from 4/30 to 5/3. It was a bit of a rocky start, but the Conrad staff did their best to make things right after the first night. I arrived a bit earlier than check in time, at 12:45. I was told that there was a room available with a bathtub/shower, which sounded like an accessible room, or a walk-in shower if I waited. I said I would wait, and they asked me for my number so they could contact me when the room was ready. I never heard back over the next three hours, and just decided to go check in directly, when the person at the counter was surprised I did not receive a notice.

In spite of having Hilton Honors Diamond status, I was assigned a room on one of the lowest floors, even though I booked almost two months in advance. I saw that their Deluxe Suites have the layout of a smaller base Embassy Suites room, at a significant upcharge (understandable since it’s NYC). I received an automated text asking if the room was ok, and I replied that I was disappointed—granted it is what I paid for—but I asked whether there were any better king rooms available. I was told there were not, even though the website said there was at least one similar room available on the same dates. There was no attempt made to upgrade for Diamond, even though better rooms were also open for the dates of our stay.

After the first day, the manager’s office reached out to me and offered to switch us to a Luxury Corner Suite that had opened up. I gladly accepted and our bags were moved in smoothly and easily. I want to be clear I do appreciate the hotel accommodating us even though they provided everything that I paid full freight for, albeit at the very barest minimum initially. I will also say that the concierge and the bell staff were friendly and made helpful suggestions.

Given that the Conrad made their best efforts to ameliorate things, I’d definitely consider staying here again.

Stayed: May 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We greatly value your loyalty to our Hilton Brand. I am very sorry you did have a rocky start, but I am quite pleased to read our team went above and beyond to make things better for you during your stay with us.

I hope when you consider your accommodations for your next trip to NYC, we have the privilege of hosting you again.

Reviewed 22 June 2018

I visit this hotel once or twice year or so and it amazes me how it can be classy, modern, sophisticated, and yet relaxing amidst the energy of downtown Manhattan. So close to the TWC and Brookfield place yet miles away. My favorite thing to do is get up in the morning, grab a bagel and sit on the park bench along the Hudson River and relax while I watch the runners and pet walkers. Great walk path along the Hudson in a very quiet neighborhood (for NYC) that seems to be isolated from all the noise just a few blocks away. Lots of good food in the area and nice walks through the Tribeca neighborhood. Rooms are ultra modern and I love the several stories tall string art on the lobby. Concierge is excellent. Friendly staff and super clean. Nice rooftop as well. Great place to stay with pretty reasonable rates.

Room Tip: Hudson views are great
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Rich,

Thank you for your kind review! There's nothing like having the opportunity to unwind, and we are pleased to read our hotel and its Lower Manhattan location just steps from the Hudson River allows for just that.

We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 22 June 2018

My family loved this hotel and can't wait to return. I originally booked two rooms, both with double beds, which honestly I hate double beds for 2 adults (first world problem, I know). We have a king size bed at home so queens are fine, but doubles are really pushing it. Due to the points it would cost for a king I was going to deal with the double beds since it was just one night. Hubby found out a room next door, that actually adjoined vs just being next door, was a king and had me ask to switch. The person on the phone sounded slightly put off, but said she would ask if we could be moved. We are Hilton Gold members so we're supposed to be bumped up if there's an availability, but only at select brands/hotels so we weren't sure they would do it. We were very happy they approved the upgrade. The room had a light not working, which they informed us, but we weren't concerned about it. The room itself was very spacious and clean. The king suite came with matching Conrad robes, which my daughter said was very comfy. Each room had two TVs, which was great with kids. We had to figure out the phones, we didn't think they worked at first, but you have to press "Line 1" to get a dial tone. The lighting is controlled by panels on the wall near the door and near the nightstands. There is a privacy button that notified housekeeping to not come in, although they came in anyway. I assume because of the adjoining rooms and the privacy was not on the other door. I usually do that when I'm leaving valuables in the room so I was happy to see nothing was missing. You just never know, right? My husband is a police officer and I am a security specialist so occupational hazard to not be overly trusting. The shower is separate from the bathroom, which the doors do not lock so be aware. The doors swing in/out. There were 2 room separators in the king suite, which was very nice. We could separate the living room area and between that and the bedroom, which is where the sink w/mini bar/bathroom/shower was. The bed was comfortable, but I can't take their squashy pillows. I bring my own firm pillow to put on top and I still had issues with a sore neck in the morning (I sleep with 2 pillows at home). We had drinks on the outdoor bar on the roof, it had a great view of the Hudson River and the Statue of Liberty and has a covering so you stay comfortable. Apparently this is quite the place to be before going out on the town. They have fruity popsicles made with alcohol they put in your drink, which has a champagne base. Too bad for me I don't care for champagne, they looked yummy. I did have a raspberry lemonade drink that was great. No pool at this hotel for the kids, but they said you could use one a block down, we didn't bother since we were only there one night. We had lunch at the restaurant on the 2nd floor, which we had the marguerite pizza, which was good and had 8 slices for $22, which is to be expected. The $6.50 bottled Coke that was smaller than a normal bottle of Coke was not expected. We didn't see the price before we ordered so a bit of sticker shock. With 4 people it was more than the pizza! We had breakfast in the same restaurant the next morning and it was good, although they need to learn what over medium is. The menu had over easy and when I requested over medium the yolks were fully cooked (over hard). Not a huge deal, but would have been nice to get right. My kids enjoyed their pancakes, which they were willing to add chocolate chips for them. The bell men at reception by the front door were very nice and helpful and when we left Tuesday morning there were two ladies out front asking if we needed anything and making sure we were taken care of. Very nice touch. Across the street from our hotel is the Irish Hunger Museum, which was pretty to look at and interesting to walk through, with a nice view of the Hudson on the other side and a nice sitting area. We look forward to coming back to this hotel in the future when we can spend more time exploring.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

We are so pleased you and your family enjoyed our hotel and that the sleeping accommodations worked out in your favor. Loopy Doopy Rooftop Bar is a wonderful way to enjoy the weather with a delicious cocktail in hand. As for your experience with our hotel restaurant, your feedback is a vital part to ensure we are continuously improving our guest experience over all.

We look forward to your return!

Kind regards,

Reviewed 20 June 2018

There are so many things to do in this area I wish we had more time. I am anxiously awaiting the next time we can stay at this hotel. The room decor was unique and the bathroom fixture was top notch and inspirational.

Review collected in partnership with Conrad Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Ann-Heng J
ConradNewYork, General Manager at Conrad New York, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2018

We are so pleased to read you enjoyed your stay! We look forward to your next visit!