We loved the Hilton Times Square. This hotel was definitely a cut above all the hotels we stayed in, while in NYC and the US. We were in New York for nearly 1 month, my mother and myself, and we stayed at Millenium Hilton, Hilton New York, Waldorf Astoria, and Hilton Times Square during our visit - two seperate rooms / suites for our stay. The Hilton Times Square was both our favourite.
Without a doubt, this hotel is top class. Great professional, and attentive service, yet really warm and welcoming, in all departments, and especially from the front desk which was great to see. In my mind, the service at Hilton Times Square is probably some of the best I've ever experienced at any hotel. Especially from the Front Desk - we checked in on New Year's Day, and as you can imagine, due to the Ball Drop in Times Square the night before- the hotel was really, really busy. I have stayed in many hotels, and am a Diamond Guest with the Hilton loyalty programme, and I was really impressed at the incredibly professional, and calm front desk staff. It was a real pleasure, and all the future interactions I had with the front desk staff, and the other departments, just built on our first great impressions.
I think everyone would love this hotel. It has really spacious, and over sized rooms. The hotel is built above another building, and is not built out, so both sides and all rooms of the hotel have really great views. The views are quite stunning actually. The rooms themselves are really super comfortable, and the finish of this hotel overall, in terms of maintenance and cleanliness, was the best of any hotel we stayed in, in the US.
We stayed here for a week, and to be honest, even though we really enjoyed the other hotels we stayed in, on Manhattan, both of us wished we just spent most of our time staying at the Hilton Times Square, as the hotel was so lovely, and in particular, the service so wonderful. It was really nice to be in such a great hotel, and have such great service, that was really welcoming and friendly.
We both really enjoyed the Sky Lobby design of the hotel. The hotel Lobby is on Level 20 or so, and has great views over Times Square. There is a lovely restaurant, and bar in this open space also. The fun part is, that the hotel really is in the heart of all the madness and neon of Times Square, but as soon as you are in the lobby, and also your room, it all feels so calm and classy - the contrast is amazing.
The American Breakfast is the best we had while in the US, and had the best range and quality of food. All the meals we had here were great (room service etc). One of the other great things, is this hotel is only a couple of blocks from Hell's Kitchen, where there are heaps of dining options of all price ranges and flavours, frequented by locals (Try the Westway Diner near 44th St!).
This hotel doesn't have an Executive Lounge. In the US, in the Executive Lounge you have to pay for any alcoholic beverages, and you only get a very minimal continental breakfast. I would say to all Gold and Diamond Honors guests, that overall, the breakfast you get here, will more than compensate for the lack of the Executive Lounge. The offerings in the Lounge at Hilton New York were pretty embarrassing compared to what is offered in Asia etc-- which seems to be the story right through Hilton in the US -- this hotel is streaks above the Hilton New York!!
The location is great! I was actually a bit worried that being right in Times Square might be too touristy, or full-on, hence why we stayed in some of the other Hiltons. In fact, the Hilton Times Square was the most convenient. As mentioned before,the nearby Hell's Kitchen offers a vast array of dining options, and the hotel itself is really peaceful and elegant.
Without a doubt, you can't go wrong at this hotel. As mentioned, all rooms would have good views, the service from all departments is fantastic, and the quality and comfortableness of the rooms were the best we experienced in the US. I can still remember the delight of my first night sleeping in the super comfortable bed : )
I really like the Hilton chain, and have stayed in quite a few of their hotels worldwide. Hilton Times Square is now definitely one of my favourite Hiltons, and it is a shame it is so far from my home of Australia.
What a fantastic hotel, and great example of the Hilton vision : )
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Times Square is a sleek, landmark New York City hotel that was built in 2000 and soars 44 stories above Manhattan. This upscale, full-service, 100% non-smoking, contemporary hotel is located on famous 42nd Street in the heart of Times Square, and is surrounded by Broadway theaters, lively nightlife, New York City’s best shopping and many restaurants and bars. Boasting a Modernistic façade and sweeping vistas of New York City’s famous skyline and the Hudson River, the hotel has been recently renovated and is the perfect hotel choice for business and leisure travelers seeking modern amenities while staying in the Big Apple’s best location.Hilton Times Square offers 460 of the largest standard size guestrooms in Midtown Manhattan, with spectacular panoramic views and high-end amenities. These spacious guestrooms have been recently renovated, start on the 23rd floor and are over 330 square feet. Deluxe guestrooms begin on the 33rd floor. All guestrooms are luxuriously appointed in soothing sand tones, 46-inch LED flat screen televisions, laptop size safe, and more. Additional amenities and services are available upon request. Also the Hilton Times Square hotel in New York include: -Over 5000 square feet of meeting space with city views-Restaurant Above, the hotel's Zagat-rated restaurant, is perched 21 stories above Times Square in the hotel lobby and offers notable American cuisine fused with fresh ingredients.-Pinnacle Bar is also located in the hotel lobby and overlooks Times Square.-Evening room service.-24-hour Fitness Center.-24-hour full service, automated Business Center.-Full-service Concierge desk, valet dry cleaning and valet parking available on 41st Street. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hilton Hotels Direct, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Times Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Times Square Hotel New York City
- Hilton Hotel Times Square
- Hilton New York City
- New York City Hilton