“The Best Hilton Hotel in Manhattan.”

Hilton Times Square
Ranked #109 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 15 March 2012

We loved the Hilton Times Square. This hotel was definitely a cut above all the hotels we stayed in, while in NYC and the US. We were in New York for nearly 1 month, my mother and myself, and we stayed at Millenium Hilton, Hilton New York, Waldorf Astoria, and Hilton Times Square during our visit - two seperate rooms / suites for our stay. The Hilton Times Square was both our favourite.

Without a doubt, this hotel is top class. Great professional, and attentive service, yet really warm and welcoming, in all departments, and especially from the front desk which was great to see. In my mind, the service at Hilton Times Square is probably some of the best I've ever experienced at any hotel. Especially from the Front Desk - we checked in on New Year's Day, and as you can imagine, due to the Ball Drop in Times Square the night before- the hotel was really, really busy. I have stayed in many hotels, and am a Diamond Guest with the Hilton loyalty programme, and I was really impressed at the incredibly professional, and calm front desk staff. It was a real pleasure, and all the future interactions I had with the front desk staff, and the other departments, just built on our first great impressions.

I think everyone would love this hotel. It has really spacious, and over sized rooms. The hotel is built above another building, and is not built out, so both sides and all rooms of the hotel have really great views. The views are quite stunning actually. The rooms themselves are really super comfortable, and the finish of this hotel overall, in terms of maintenance and cleanliness, was the best of any hotel we stayed in, in the US.

We stayed here for a week, and to be honest, even though we really enjoyed the other hotels we stayed in, on Manhattan, both of us wished we just spent most of our time staying at the Hilton Times Square, as the hotel was so lovely, and in particular, the service so wonderful. It was really nice to be in such a great hotel, and have such great service, that was really welcoming and friendly.

We both really enjoyed the Sky Lobby design of the hotel. The hotel Lobby is on Level 20 or so, and has great views over Times Square. There is a lovely restaurant, and bar in this open space also. The fun part is, that the hotel really is in the heart of all the madness and neon of Times Square, but as soon as you are in the lobby, and also your room, it all feels so calm and classy - the contrast is amazing.

The American Breakfast is the best we had while in the US, and had the best range and quality of food. All the meals we had here were great (room service etc). One of the other great things, is this hotel is only a couple of blocks from Hell's Kitchen, where there are heaps of dining options of all price ranges and flavours, frequented by locals (Try the Westway Diner near 44th St!).

This hotel doesn't have an Executive Lounge. In the US, in the Executive Lounge you have to pay for any alcoholic beverages, and you only get a very minimal continental breakfast. I would say to all Gold and Diamond Honors guests, that overall, the breakfast you get here, will more than compensate for the lack of the Executive Lounge. The offerings in the Lounge at Hilton New York were pretty embarrassing compared to what is offered in Asia etc-- which seems to be the story right through Hilton in the US -- this hotel is streaks above the Hilton New York!!

The location is great! I was actually a bit worried that being right in Times Square might be too touristy, or full-on, hence why we stayed in some of the other Hiltons. In fact, the Hilton Times Square was the most convenient. As mentioned before,the nearby Hell's Kitchen offers a vast array of dining options, and the hotel itself is really peaceful and elegant.

Without a doubt, you can't go wrong at this hotel. As mentioned, all rooms would have good views, the service from all departments is fantastic, and the quality and comfortableness of the rooms were the best we experienced in the US. I can still remember the delight of my first night sleeping in the super comfortable bed : )

I really like the Hilton chain, and have stayed in quite a few of their hotels worldwide. Hilton Times Square is now definitely one of my favourite Hiltons, and it is a shame it is so far from my home of Australia.

What a fantastic hotel, and great example of the Hilton vision : )

Room Tip: All the rooms here would have good views : )
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank BMOL
There are newer reviews for Hilton Times Square

Reviewed 14 March 2012

I was hesitant as I booked this hotel because of the uncertainties of New York. Upon arrival, I was instantly impressed. Located in the heart of Times Square, this Hilton is most definitely my request for my next New York visit. When we arrived, we were greeted with smiles and great hospitality. The Big East conference was in New York at the time which meant most hotels in times square and downtown were booked, so we had to settle for a king room. Front Desk offered us a roll away bed free of charge. I accepted, but was weary of such a great gesture. The bed was sent up immediately! Nice, smiling, and very courteous maintenance worker. The room was immaculate! Very nice view from the 27th floor! Just beautiful especially at night. The bed was soft, bathrooms spotless, and the overall ambiance was more than I imagined for such a great price through Travelocity. They even offered the use of a microwave with no additional charge. The concierge attendants were our lifesavers; especially Renee! Such hospitality helped us have a smooth, exciting, and informative experience in New York!
I will stay at this Hilton on my next trip to New York!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank shezdabest
Reviewed 14 March 2012

Marvin at the front desk was incredibly helpful making my reservation and the whole staff were great!! Ross

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Ross F
Reviewed 14 March 2012

I really enjoyed our stay at the Hilton, the location was right in Time Square so easy to get everywhere form that point. The room was large size, clean and comfortable with great views down to Times Square. The hotel staff were really friendly and helpful. To access the hotel you need to take a lift 20 floors from the lobby to the reception and as we were staying on a high floor we had to take another lift up a further 20 stories..... not good when you have a phobia about lifts :)

We didn't eat in the hotel as there was so many options to choose from just outside the main door of the hotel. It was really close to the Port Authority building which was great when we went to Woodbury common for the day. We also found it handy for breakfast on some of mornings. I think for the price we paid it was a little expensive and we have stayed in hotels just as nice a few streets away for half of the price. If I got a deal on this hotel I would stay again otherwise I would look around.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 March 2012

My short stay in New York was completely ruined by theft of my iPad from my hotel room and the poor way the incident was dealt with. Rather than helping me report the incident to police staff said we must have mislaid it and tried to fob us off saying they would look into it. When it was clear the next day they had done nothing we walked to the police station ourselves to report it. Only once it was reported to police did the hotel even acknowledge the incident may have taken place but the 'investigation' which followed was a joke. It took Hilton Times Square 7 weeks of me chasing and them ignoring me to say they were going to refer my claim to a claim mgmt company Gallagher Bassett Services. I then waited another 8 weeks for an organisation even more useless than them to 'investigate' (do nothing) and then when chased advise me there was no evidence to support my claim.
Absolutely disgusting customer service, I will never trust hotel staff again with any of my valuables. Extremely disappointing that a chain such as Hilton don't value their customers and their brands reputation more than this.

• Stayed: November 2011
7  Thank HoganKnowsBest
LynellL, Manager at Hilton Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2012

Thank you for writing a review of our hotel. We care for the safety and well being of all of our guest who chose to stay with us. We advise all of our guest to make use of the in room safe or safe deposit boxes available by request at our front desk. We take all reports of missing items very seriously and take steps to investigate all claims big or small. We did everything thing in our power to investigate this matter thoroughly as soon as it was reported to us. The Managers and staff were interviewed and the room lock was checked by our Director of Security. At the conclusion of this investigation, the matter was sent to the hotel’s insurance claims company who at the end of the day make the final decision on matters such as this. We in no way want to give you the impression that we don’t care. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience you have experienced.

Reviewed 12 March 2012

We stayed at the Hilton Hotel Times Square and the overall experience of the staff was excellent. Right from Dino at the "temporary" lobby entrance, alex and jorge at the bell desk, to Irene at the concierge and ms. mistikova in housekeeping - the team hilton was all smiles, wonderful greetings and made our stay warm in the otherwise chilly new york weather. Keep up the good work, and when the renovations are complete I am sure it will be a great place to re-visit - which I hope to do in April.

Room Tip: Upper floors are better since the hotel is undergoing a renovation. But just a great location with...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 March 2012

This was the perfect location for Broadway shows, to go shopping, and/or to go to Madison Square Garden. The entrance to the hotel is off both 41st and 42nd so it is easy access from all directions. We requested a room up high (41st floor) and had an awesome view all the way over to New Jersey. The city noise could not be heard one bit even though we were up so high.

The room was clean and seemed newly remodeled.

I'd highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple