Yesterday was my fifth or sixth stay at this hotel. Right on 42nd Street this hotel is on the end of Times Square and half a block from the 42nd St Subway hub station.
I have to be honest, surrounded by total tourist traps like Ripley's Believe It or Not, Madame Tussauds, and chains like the huge Chevy's draws street crowds that make you wonder what you might be in store for you when you enter the small portal that serves as the entrance to the hotel. But once you pass the security desk and travel the elevator up to the lobby, you quickly escape all of this commotion.
The facility is what you would expect from a modern Hilton. Large clean and comfortable rooms. A friendly staff and a surprisingly quiet experience given all that surrounds the hotel. Of course being perched many floors above the nearest buildings helps.
In the morning I shot straight across the street to Pax for coffee, fruit and a muffin. Yeah, I'm cheap. I have not eaten at the hotel so can't comment on that. But , if you have trouble finding places to eat in NYC you have bigger problems with life - let's not go there.
One other hint. You can approach the hotel from 41st St - and that's also the entrance from which to get a cab. Except during rush hour when hoards of commuters are headed down 41st to and from the Bus Terminal, the sidewalks here are much quieter than 42nd Street.
This is a hotel worth using for business or pleasure - I have and will continue to.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Times Square is a sleek, landmark New York City hotel that was built in 2000 and soars 44 stories above Manhattan. This upscale, full-service, 100% non-smoking, contemporary hotel is located on famous 42nd Street in the heart of Times Square, and is surrounded by Broadway theaters, lively nightlife, New York City’s best shopping and many restaurants and bars. Boasting a Modernistic façade and sweeping vistas of New York City’s famous skyline and the Hudson River, the hotel has been recently renovated and is the perfect hotel choice for business and leisure travelers seeking modern amenities while staying in the Big Apple’s best location.Hilton Times Square offers 460 of the largest standard size guestrooms in Midtown Manhattan, with spectacular panoramic views and high-end amenities. These spacious guestrooms have been recently renovated, start on the 23rd floor and are over 330 square feet. Deluxe guestrooms begin on the 33rd floor. All guestrooms are luxuriously appointed in soothing sand tones, 46-inch LED flat screen televisions, laptop size safe, and more. Additional amenities and services are available upon request. Also the Hilton Times Square hotel in New York include: -Over 5000 square feet of meeting space with city views-Restaurant Above, the hotel's Zagat-rated restaurant, is perched 21 stories above Times Square in the hotel lobby and offers notable American cuisine fused with fresh ingredients.-Pinnacle Bar is also located in the hotel lobby and overlooks Times Square.-Evening room service.-24-hour Fitness Center.-24-hour full service, automated Business Center.-Full-service Concierge desk, valet dry cleaning and valet parking available on 41st Street. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Agoda, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Times Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Times Square Hotel New York City
- Hilton Hotel Times Square
- Hilton New York City
- New York City Hilton