“Great stay!”

Ranked #104 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Helsinki, Finland
“Great stay!”
Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

We were on a one night stay Sat-Sun just before Christmas. As diamond members we got upgraded for a superior room when we asked for it - and what an amazing view we had from the 43rd floor! The room was very quiet and clean, although the carpet was wet right in front of the bathroom. I happened to mention about this to the housekeeping lady and the manager came to have a look at it. She was very sorry about it, I mean it wasn't really that big of a problem for us, and after we declined when she asked if we wanted to change the room she insisted to offer a bottle of wine for us. Fifteen minutes later a butler appeared with a tray and a bottle of white wine in a cooler and some chocolates. We really appreciated all this! The beds, blankets and pillows were comfy to sleep in and the breakfast was great the next morning. Nothing to complain!

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TiinaV84
LynellL, Manager at Hilton Times Square, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
Dear Tiina V,

Thank you for your review "Great Stay". Your feedback allows us to know what guests such as yourself expect from us. After the minor issue, I am glad to know we exceeded those expectations. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to our property.

lynell.lovett@hts-nyc.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,390)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Kennesaw, Georgia
Reviewed 4 January 2014

I booked a room for New years eve and was blown away by the location, service, and ammenities of the hotel. I was treated like a rock star and even could see a partial view of the ball drop from the room I had. The best part was the service provided by the front desk. Both Peter and Chad were very understanding and accomodating. When I told them that I realized that I was checking in for one of the busiest nights of the year, they smiled because many people were angry about having to wait.

Chad went around the lobby to check on guest waitings for check in. With check out at 12 noon and check in at 3pm, that leaves little time for the staff to clean rooms. Many people waiting were getting restless. Chad went over to the family next to me and made a connection with the children and I could see how happy that made their parents. He helped them get into a room as fast as possible and that personal service told me I was in the right place.

Room Tip: Ask for a north of south facing room for amazing views of the city. The first floor of rooms is on...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank David W
Dear David W,

Thank your for your kind words regarding your interaction with Chad and Peter. They are truly our hospitality "rock stars"! I am pleased that you found the location, service, amenities and ball drop view from your room to your liking. We hope to see you back with us again next New Year's Eve.

Laramie, Wyoming
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Stayed here over Thanksgiving and the following weekend, and must say I was really disappointed. This was not up to the level of service I normally expect from Hilton. I am a gold member and asked for an upgrade when I arrived to be told by the apathetic desk person that --no there were none available. That was fair, and I understand that they are not always available, but I asked if he would keep us on a list for upgrades if one did become available and was told that no, he wouldn't do that. What??? At every other Hilton I have stayed at this was done for me. When I got to my room, it had a few things that just made it seem icky, like hair in the sink. But I decided to just let it slide. That was until I got online after paying a premium for my room for Wed. and Thursday (Thanksgiving) to see that the price I paid was more than double the price that was being advertised on the Hilton site! What???? So I went to the front desk to ask for a price adjustment for the remainder of my stay. When pulling up the prices, I actually saw the desk clerk pull up an even LOWER price than the one I found online -- but he would not credit me that night that I was staying, only the three nights later in my stay to the lower price that I found (not the one that he had accidentally pulled up). This just made me mad.

When I asked to see a manager, I was told he was not available. I did speak to the housekeeping manager, and she was nice and did finally get me an upgraded room for the last two days of my stay. But still, this was not the level of service I have come to expect from Hilton, and certainly not why I maintain a gold status with Hilton. If this is what it was always like, I would switch to another hotel chain for rewards. It's too bad.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
LynellL, Manager at Hilton Times Square, responded to this review, 10 January 2014
Thank you for taking to the time to post a review of our property on Tripadvisor. I apologize for your dissatisfaction with your room rate and housekeeping service. We hope to give our guests a perfect 10 experience but we realize sometimes we fall short of our goal. I have discussed your experience with our Front Office and Housekeeping Managers. We will use this as a way to better train our staff on what our guests expect of us. When you plan your next trip to New York I hope we have the opportunity to show you that we truly are hospitality professionals and can provide the service you have come to expect from Hilton.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 3 January 2014

I was with a group of ladies for a short one night stay in this beautifully renovated hotel. Chad was very accommodating and most helpful. The location was perfect and I was very impressed as this was my first time to NY City. The concierge was also helping in suggested a location for dinner and making reservations for us.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank india9902
Dear india9902,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay. Feedback such as yours is a vital element to the success of our hotel. Thank you for acknowledging Chad, a true hospitality professional. Our number one goal is to give our guests a perfect 10 experience and it is staff members such a Chad and our Concierge team who allow us to make that happen. I hope your future travels bring you back to us.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 2 January 2014

this is a fabulous hotel located in the heart of Times Square. The staff was excellent.This hotel is an excellent base for shopping, exploring Times Square. The room was very nice. It was tastefully appointed. I look forward to another visit to this fantastic hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Susan F
LynellL, Manager at Hilton Times Square, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to tell us of your recent stay. We appreciate your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 2 January 2014

My wife and I stayed in this hotel from Dec 17-19th. It was our first time staying in Manhattan and we decided to pick a hotel that is close to a subway station and stores that open late at night.

The service was great as people working in the hotel was very nice to us with their greetings. (and they let us checked in early)

The room (1 king) was clean and tidy, and we had a pretty good view looking out to times square.

Only one little issue I don't like is that you need to take two separate elevators in order to get to your room....!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ivantam38
Thank you for taking the time to write about your past stay with us. We hope to give our guests an excellent experience and are happy to know we were able to give that to you. Thank you again for your kind words.

Swansea County, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

Our Christmas holidays were fab in this hotel, fantastic room with a wonderful view. The staff are so friendly, and I appreciated the man removing the elevators carpets to clean, taking the time to hold the doors for me & wishing me a " happy holidays" , a lovely human touch! Don't know your name, but you are part of a great team of people keeping the hotel bright & clean.. Thanks to all, we enjoyed our stay & would love to return.. X

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Christine M
Thank you for choosing our hotel to spend your holiday. We appreciate your feedback and kind words regarding our rooms and staff. We hope to have you back with us again soon.