“Best New Years Ever”

Hilton Times Square
Ranked #105 of 467 Hotels in New York City
“Best New Years Ever”
Reviewed 7 January 2014 via mobile

I spent New Year's Eve here even tho you can see a full frontal of the ball drop from the hotel there are several places to see it clear as ever from the side. Also I stayed in one of the rooms that were handicap I think it was the only with a balcony which had a good private vantage point of the ball the only thing is they have brackets to keep the door from opening but a five dollar 6 in 1 beats spending $1,000 at the AMC two doors down for a balcony view any day.

• Stayed December 2013
LynellL, Manager at Hilton Times Square, responded to this review, 9 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay. We appreciate your feedback. I'm glad you had the "Best New Years Ever". We look forward to having you stay with us next New Years Eve!

lynell.lovett@hts-nyc.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,374)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Lévis, Quebec, Canada
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Close to everything in Times Square, by foot. Good room, good service, good food. We had a great time. If you do not want to eat at the Hilton, there is Applebee in the same entrance or various others so close. You want a jazzy evening, go right in front to BB King Club.

Room Tip: No Spa but there is a fitness room.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
LynellL, Manager at Hilton Times Square, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
Dear SuzanneM157,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 6 January 2014

We stayed here for one night just before New Year's eve. We had a room on the 33rd floor with a view of the Empire State Building and all of lower Manhattan. The room was large, very modern and extremely clean, as was the bathroom. Best of all, the water from the tap tasted great! The hotel was quiet, no road noise or hotel noise at all. The hotel location was excellent - within a block of several subway stops and one block from Times Square. We had lots of choices of places to eat and were able to head out for the night even with a small child knowing it was not far to walk. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank travelGoose11
LynellL, Manager at Hilton Times Square, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
Dear travelGoose11,

Thank you for your review "Great hotel in great location". We appreciate your honest input regarding your comments on our service and amenities. We hope to see you back with us again soon.

Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 January 2014

We went as a party of 3 adults and 1 toddler who is 18months. Ive been new york nearly every year since 2005. This is my go to hotel for times square.

The location is spot on, one side is to times square, and the other side is towards to bus station. The have a applebys right next door, fab to get breakfast.
We had a double bed room, with twin beds. And they also gave us a blow up bed for my brother. So you can imagine the room is very spacious. We had a bath tub very convienent when bathing my son.
When i needed to heat up a milk bottle they don't have a microwave in the room, and when i called to ask them to heat the milk up, they said they couldn't do it, but instead will send up a microwave to the room, i was so amazed by this. When you have a fussy eater like my little one every little helps.

Will definitely be staying here again and am recommending this hotel to friends and family.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Dear Sandy-B_UK,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate the positive feedback and hope to see you and your family on a future visit.

Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

We were on a one night stay Sat-Sun just before Christmas. As diamond members we got upgraded for a superior room when we asked for it - and what an amazing view we had from the 43rd floor! The room was very quiet and clean, although the carpet was wet right in front of the bathroom. I happened to mention about this to the housekeeping lady and the manager came to have a look at it. She was very sorry about it, I mean it wasn't really that big of a problem for us, and after we declined when she asked if we wanted to change the room she insisted to offer a bottle of wine for us. Fifteen minutes later a butler appeared with a tray and a bottle of white wine in a cooler and some chocolates. We really appreciated all this! The beds, blankets and pillows were comfy to sleep in and the breakfast was great the next morning. Nothing to complain!

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TiinaV84
Dear Tiina V,

Thank you for your review "Great Stay". Your feedback allows us to know what guests such as yourself expect from us. After the minor issue, I am glad to know we exceeded those expectations. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to our property.

Kennesaw, Georgia
Reviewed 4 January 2014

I booked a room for New years eve and was blown away by the location, service, and ammenities of the hotel. I was treated like a rock star and even could see a partial view of the ball drop from the room I had. The best part was the service provided by the front desk. Both Peter and Chad were very understanding and accomodating. When I told them that I realized that I was checking in for one of the busiest nights of the year, they smiled because many people were angry about having to wait.

Chad went around the lobby to check on guest waitings for check in. With check out at 12 noon and check in at 3pm, that leaves little time for the staff to clean rooms. Many people waiting were getting restless. Chad went over to the family next to me and made a connection with the children and I could see how happy that made their parents. He helped them get into a room as fast as possible and that personal service told me I was in the right place.

Room Tip: Ask for a north of south facing room for amazing views of the city. The first floor of rooms is on...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank David W
Dear David W,

Thank your for your kind words regarding your interaction with Chad and Peter. They are truly our hospitality "rock stars"! I am pleased that you found the location, service, amenities and ball drop view from your room to your liking. We hope to see you back with us again next New Year's Eve.

Laramie, Wyoming
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Stayed here over Thanksgiving and the following weekend, and must say I was really disappointed. This was not up to the level of service I normally expect from Hilton. I am a gold member and asked for an upgrade when I arrived to be told by the apathetic desk person that --no there were none available. That was fair, and I understand that they are not always available, but I asked if he would keep us on a list for upgrades if one did become available and was told that no, he wouldn't do that. What??? At every other Hilton I have stayed at this was done for me. When I got to my room, it had a few things that just made it seem icky, like hair in the sink. But I decided to just let it slide. That was until I got online after paying a premium for my room for Wed. and Thursday (Thanksgiving) to see that the price I paid was more than double the price that was being advertised on the Hilton site! What???? So I went to the front desk to ask for a price adjustment for the remainder of my stay. When pulling up the prices, I actually saw the desk clerk pull up an even LOWER price than the one I found online -- but he would not credit me that night that I was staying, only the three nights later in my stay to the lower price that I found (not the one that he had accidentally pulled up). This just made me mad.

When I asked to see a manager, I was told he was not available. I did speak to the housekeeping manager, and she was nice and did finally get me an upgraded room for the last two days of my stay. But still, this was not the level of service I have come to expect from Hilton, and certainly not why I maintain a gold status with Hilton. If this is what it was always like, I would switch to another hotel chain for rewards. It's too bad.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
LynellL, Manager at Hilton Times Square, responded to this review, 10 January 2014
Thank you for taking to the time to post a review of our property on Tripadvisor. I apologize for your dissatisfaction with your room rate and housekeeping service. We hope to give our guests a perfect 10 experience but we realize sometimes we fall short of our goal. I have discussed your experience with our Front Office and Housekeeping Managers. We will use this as a way to better train our staff on what our guests expect of us. When you plan your next trip to New York I hope we have the opportunity to show you that we truly are hospitality professionals and can provide the service you have come to expect from Hilton.