We stayed here for 6 nights. The hotel is typical Hilton but the location is unbeatable. It's in the middle of all actions of New York City. Times Square is right at the corner, lots of restaurants near by and most importantly the Subway entrances are very near to the hotel and most of the main subways lines connect to the station near the hotel (Time Sq - 42 St station and Port Authority Station).
The check in staffs were friendly and polite. Since I am a HHonors Diamond member, I got upgraded to an Executive Floor room with the Empire State Building & Manhattan view, which is wonderful. The hotel room was clean and housekeeping did a good job. The bad thing is the towels were all really old and there were some with stains on top. I guess it's time for the hotel to change a new batch of towels.
The other complain I have is the service of the breakfast staffs. They were so unfriendly, including the manager/supervisor on duty. Tea pot, Coffee pot, Tea bags were just being thrown on table instead of putting them on table gently. When we requested to switch to a more comfortable seat (i pointed out which seat I would like to take), the manager/supervisor just showed me a stern face and asked me to wait. When he turned back, he just gave the seat to another person and we were left hanging! That was just the 2nd day we had our breakfast there, the rest of the days we opt to eat out (although we have all 6 days free breakfast) so that our vacation mood won't be spoiled by these people.
Overall, I'll come back to this hotel again as it's on the most convenient location in New York City.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Times Square is a sleek, landmark New York City hotel that was built in 2000 and soars 44 stories above Manhattan. This upscale, full-service, 100% non-smoking, contemporary hotel is located on famous 42nd Street in the heart of Times Square, and is surrounded by Broadway theaters, lively nightlife, New York City’s best shopping and many restaurants and bars. Boasting a Modernistic façade and sweeping vistas of New York City’s famous skyline and the Hudson River, the hotel has been recently renovated and is the perfect hotel choice for business and leisure travelers seeking modern amenities while staying in the Big Apple’s best location.Hilton Times Square offers 460 of the largest standard size guestrooms in Midtown Manhattan, with spectacular panoramic views and high-end amenities. These spacious guestrooms have been recently renovated, start on the 23rd floor and are over 330 square feet. Deluxe guestrooms begin on the 33rd floor. All guestrooms are luxuriously appointed in soothing sand tones, 46-inch LED flat screen televisions, laptop size safe, and more. Additional amenities and services are available upon request. Also the Hilton Times Square hotel in New York include: -Over 5000 square feet of meeting space with city views-Restaurant Above, the hotel's Zagat-rated restaurant, is perched 21 stories above Times Square in the hotel lobby and offers notable American cuisine fused with fresh ingredients.-Pinnacle Bar is also located in the hotel lobby and overlooks Times Square.-Evening room service.-24-hour Fitness Center.-24-hour full service, automated Business Center.-Full-service Concierge desk, valet dry cleaning and valet parking available on 41st Street. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Southall Travel, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Times Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Times Square Hotel New York City
- Hilton Hotel Times Square
- Hilton New York City
- New York City Hilton