“First stay in NYC”

Hilton Times Square
Ranked #113 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Location is great .. staff was super friendly ... being from the South .. I was afraid everyone would be rude ... LOL .. I found all the New Yorkers to be very nice .. it is the tourists that are RUDE.
Hotel was very clean .. felt very safe .. the doorman was very helpful getting a car for me to go to dinner ... (All of a sudden .. there were NO Taxis) .... would stay again

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank MarieBV
LynellL, Manager at Hilton Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear MarieBV,

Thank you for choosing us to spend your first time in New York City! I am pleased to know we have exceeded your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

Used Hilton Honors points to book a quick getaway with the husband. Was a little concerned about staying in Times Square. Totally unfounded. The hotel was very nice and clean. Room was remarkably quiet. All of the staff were friendly and professional. Nathan went above and beyond assisting us in getting our bearings with the Subway system. Would definitely stay here again and recommend to friends.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MelMcGW

Dear MelMcGW,

Thank you for your time in providing this insightful feedback. Thank you for acknowledging our Front Office Manager, Chad Nathan. I am glad you enjoyed your stay overall and hope your travels will bring you back as a result of this experience.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

The morning crew, Raquel, Coretta and Safet are some of the friendliest, helpful I've come to know in my travels. In addition to making me feel at home, I've seen them on occasion being confronted by hostile guests who come to them with unreasonable demands. They are cool, calm and gracious, even under fire.

I suspect the rest of the deskers whom I don't know well are similarly gracious. When the hotel's prices exceed my company's limits (as they tend to do from about May-December and I am forced to stay elsewhere), it is their hospitality I miss the most.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Mitch K ,

Thank you for the 5-star review! I am so appreciative that you've chosen us when traveling to the New York City area. Thank you for the complementary comments regarding our staff. We will be certain to share with Raquel, Corretta and Safet how much their courteous and professional manner influenced your experience. We look forward to the next time you visit. See you again soon!

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Very nice Hotel. I enjoy my stay. I will come back! Personal and the other stuff is great. In the Center of New York it is a great Hotel. I hope that the other guets have the same feeling like me. Thank you!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank tamispeckbacher

Dear Tamispeckbacher,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay. I am pleased you felt we were able to meet your needs during this stay. On behalf of our staff thank you for choosing us.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

This has been my "go to" hotel for business trips to NYC over the past 14 years. I count on the this property's quality & consistency and the staff's thoughtfulness to ensure I sleep well and am refreshed for all NYC has to offer. Even when the hotel has groups it still feels nice and calm in your room - which are oversized compared to other properties. As others have said, it is central to everything and easy access to EWR or LGA (I prefer EWR). The bedding is great and I love the fact the bathrooms have full-size countertops instead of the half size countertops at some other properties (cosmetics fall off the half-size counters). Not sure what I think of the new sinks with faucet on the side, but that is a minor item. One of the best Hiltons around.

Room Tip: I usually request a room facing the Empire State Building to see the sunsets.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear Jas9411,

Thank you for your review of your recent visit with us. I am truly glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We greatly appreciate your loyalty. Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to seeing next time you're in town!

Reviewed 4 June 2014

I made reservations to stay at the Hilton Times Square, along with three other couples, between Christmas and New Year's. I talked with the hotel staff about where the car valet service was, plugged it into the GPS, drove right to it and was inside the street level hallway, with our bags, in less than 5 minutes. No stress, no problem, and at $52.00 per day, reasonable and very convenient.

At check in, a very accommodating young man named Marvin, helped two couples in our group get adjoining rooms, and the third couple only one floor up. I appreciated his helpfulness and extra effort, especially during the holidays, when patience, and helpfulness are often and understandably, in short supply.

We found all three rooms to be clean, enormous (by my standards) comfortable and convenient to one another. Throughout our two night, 3-day stay, the front desk service and concierge were very helpful. The street level staff were quick and efficient in procuring taxis large enough for our entire group.

Checkout was smooth, and our wait for the valet service to get the cars at the end of our stay was about 5 minutes.

The Hilton Times Square made this visit to New York City hassle free and relaxing. And the hotel location is 5-star!!

Room Tip: Check ahead id you want adjoining rooms, they are available!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank William D
LynellL, Manager at Hilton Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Dear William D,

Thank you for the 5-star review! I am genuinely appreciative that you choose us when traveling to the New York City area. I am so glad to see that you enjoyed your most recent stay! We look forward to the next time you visit.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

The best of the stay is that the building has access to both 42nd and 41st Streets and depending on yourself you can choose either go to the crowed NYC or going to explore the city by the "backdoor". Hotel amenities are well maintened, but the staff is a pandora box: you can get attended by a very nice person or by a bad mood bell (like in my case)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Thank Juan J. M

Dear Juan J. M,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback regarding your previous stay with us. I am glad you found our location and property to be ideal to your needs. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconsistency with some of our staff members. It is extremely disheartening and disappointing that we did not exceed your expectations. Your feedback has been shared with the appropriate department managers and we will certainly improve our product and service so that we can hopefully "wow" you on your next visit. We hope you will provide us with that opportunity in the future.