“If you can afford it you'll love it”

Hilton Times Square
Ranked #113 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

The hotel is based on 42nd street between 7th & broadway. You are very central here, an ideal base to see the whole of Manhattan. We booked the entire package through BA and paid extra for what they call a large luxury room, high floor with city view . We got room 4012. It's in the 40th of 44 floors. The view was really something else out of our window. The only complaint being that you can hardly open the window big enough to take a photo. From what I can tell and looking at the surrounding buildings the view would not be bad from as low as floor 30. The room was very big indeed with an extremely large and comfortable bed , this was the most comfy bed I'd ever slept in outside of home. The decor is mainly understated beige. You get a large flat screen TV . Plenty of space to hang clothes. The bathroom was nice with a very short bath (I'm 5'11 and found it rather too short for comfort) . However the shower is very good indeed.
The staff were very polite and helpful. If you use the concierge I would use the Latin looking young lady who was more helpful and knowledgeable than the guy who also performs the same task. A very important factor for me is noise isolation from other rooms and here it is more or less silent.
Would I'd stay again, I'd love to and I'd like the same room too.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jimbosyourman
LynellL, Manager at Hilton Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear Jimbosyourman,

Thank you for the 5-star review! I am so appreciative that you've chosen us when traveling to the New York City area. We appreciate your comments and look forward to seeing you next time you're in town!

Reviewed 17 June 2014

This hotel compares very favorably with the other big chain hotels in the Times Square area, all of which I have experienced frequently in the past few years. It is recently modernized, so the rooms are very comfortable, as large or larger than most hotels in the area, and quite clean. My rooms facing the back have always been relatively quiet. The entertainment system is updated and offers good sound and picture, and lots of entertainment choices. The staff is above average in friendliness and willing to take time to answer questions--not always the case in New York. Food meets expectations for the price. Be aware that the common areas, (bar, lobby restaurant) are relatively small and can get very crowded, very quickly. Finally, this is a quintessential Times Square experience. Once you come down from the upstairs lobby and enter the street you are in the total chaos and crowding that defines Times Square.

Room Tip: Get a room facing 41st not 42nd. Way quieter.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Philip P,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay. We hope to give our guests a perfect 10 experience but we realize sometimes we fall short of our goal. I hope you give us another opportunity to give you the excellent customer service you have come to expect from Hilton.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Stayed here back in March during St. Patty's day weekend. The entrance is a blink and you'll miss it but never judge a book by its cover. Once we arrived at the lobby level we were welcomed by some awesome rooftop views and great concierge service.

We stayed in a double room with beautiful skyline views from the Empire state building all the way to the statue of liberty! The room was fabulous, the beds were super comfortable, the bathroom was spacious and everything was very clean and well decorated. We had the continental breakfast in the morning which was very delicious and nicely presented.

All in all the experience was great, the accommodations were fantastic and the overall experience made us very happy.

Kudos to the staff, specifically Chad Nathan who helped me when booking the room and made everything very smooth and to everyone at the front desk who made our stay enjoyable including Becky and Chris I wanna say?!

Highly recommend!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Rebecca Z

Dear Rebecca Z,

Thank you for your time in sharing your experience with me. I am happy to see we were able to take care of your needs and that your stay was enjoyable overall. I will share your comments with Chad and the entire team and properly recognize our associate for their efforts. Thank you again for choosing us and for your time in writing this feedback.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

I have been meaning to post a review for weeks now, but I stayed at the Hilton Times Square from May 18-May 19, 2014. I have stayed at this hotel many times. It is always clean, comfortable, and convenient. The purpose of this review is to give a HUGE thank you and shout out to Wiz and Val from the welcome desk. From Check-in to check-out these guys were awesome.

My friend and I had a bad flight into NYC, and Val started cracking jokes right away to brighten our moods. It literally turned our day around. Wiz was also super helpful! We were able to check in early and drop our bags, freshen up etc.

You can always count on a Hilton to be great, but you can't always count on staff at any hotel, these guys were gems!

Steph and Julia

Room Tip: Ask for the handicapped room, they are marginally bigger!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Stephanie N

Dear Stephanie N,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I am pleased that you enjoyed all that New York has to offer and our property met all of your needs. I appreciate your kind words regarding our team members. They are aware of your comments and is truly touched by this acknowledgement. We appreciate your feedback. We deeply value your patronage and hope that you choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

My wife and I were in NYC for a weekend get away. We have a few favorite hotels in the city but I saw the good reviews for the HIlton Times Square and as a Hilton Hhonors member I decided to give it a try. The location is as close to Times Square as you would want to be. A little too close for us, but for those looking to be in the heart of the tourist district you can't do better (and we knew where it was when we booked so no surprises). The room was Hilton quality - clean, professional, spacious for midtown. I was particularly impressed with the quality of service at check-in, concierge, doormen, etc.. All very friendly and very helpful. We didn't try the breakfast or restaurant - there's more than enough options just out side the hotel door. Overall, a great experience.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pr123
LynellL, Manager at Hilton Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear Pr123,

Thank you for your complimentary review of our hotel. We do try to offer first class service to our guests. I am pleased your arrival to the hotel exceeded your expectations. On behalf of our staff thank you for choosing us.

Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

My husband I spent 1 night at the Hilton Times Square as a 30th birthday gift from my uncle. He requested a room with a view, which turned out to be on the top (44th) floor. We got into the city on Wednesday at noon, and went straight to the hotel to see if they could hold our bags until our 3pm check-in. Even better than that, they had our room ready, so we checked in 3 hours early! The staff was extremely friendly and welcoming, and they provide great city maps for their guests. They also mailed out our postcards and charged the postage to our room. It saved us from tracking down a post office! The lobby and elevators are super clean, and the Hilton is a very welcome escape from the craziness of Times Square. Our view was beautiful and our window opened about 5 inches, enough to stick out a camera to get some great shots. The room was perfect. No complaints at all! We just wish we could've afforded to stay the whole week. Our Deluxe King room included: hair dryer, great shower, comfy king bed, plenty of space, a closet with lot of hanging room, iron and ironing board, and a mini fridge and safe for valuables. We couldn't find the fluffy white robes, which would've been perfect for coffee in bed after our cold & rainy Today Show visit. Amenities not included in the price of the room: wi-fi (I think it was $13.99/day) and continental breakfast, but we didn't expect either of those at this location. We did take advantage of storing our luggage with the hotel so that we didn't have to drag it around the city the next day. We tipped the porters a few $$ when we dropped off and picked up the bags. It was quick and easy. The hotel's location is convenient to everything in Times Square, as well as public transportation. We would love to stay there again! Thanks for a great visit!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank julieanncallis

Dear Julieanncallis,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay as this helps us to improve the experience for all of our guests. We appreciate your feedback and we understand that you have many options to choose from when making your travel plans. On your next stay with us please note that we offer amenities such as robes and slippers upon request. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

Having been to New York a few times the Hilton is a great location for me because it's close to Macy's and the centre of Times Square - without having to walk through throngs of tourists. Rooms are a good size for NY, staff friendly and it's close to Ruby Tuesdays which I love for food!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Dear Mairead G ,

Thank you for sharing your experiences with us. We greatly appreciate this feedback. We hope to have you stay with again.