The hotel is right in the middle of everything in TS. Even hard to locate its entrance from distance when returning after the day. There is always crowd around the clock and lights in every color in front of the hotel. We took Super Shuttle bus from the airport which dropped us off in the front door of the hotel which was very convenient. Also did the same to return for $16 each at Gray Line Visitors Center which is a few blocks to the hotel.
We stayed in 44th floor and enjoyed the view of Manhattan and Hudson River from distance. Having stayed in higher floor is a must to get a silent night after a long and exhausting day. Our room has almost everything you'd need in a hotel room. A big and comfortable king size bed was the highlight of our stay. Also, the shower was good enough to relax. However, we couldn't adjust the pressure of water, only the heat. No free wifi in the standard rooms, you can buy it for a fee. I wouldn't expect we still have to pay for wifi which is free at most of the hotels these days. Of course, you can upgrade your room and then you have a 'free' wifi! One thing to mention about the room is that there is no sleepers. You need to ask for them. That's what we did. They were very attentive.
One option to have a free wifi is to sit in the busy and noisy lobby. They have a continuous lobby music and also TV sound if there is a sports match on TV. Lobby has also a bar where you can order your drink. Comfortable chairs are good while surfing on the free net or watching a TV program. Lobby area is not a big one. In other side of the lobby hall, you can have your breakfast in the mornings ($25 each). Breakfast is good open buffet but not a comprehensive one.
Check in and out is very fast. They throw the final bill under the door when you are sleeping last night. They have your credit card already in the file. You can grab your luggage and go without a need to stop by the reception.
If we come again to NYC, the Hilton Times Square is the place to stay, that's for sure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Times Square is a sleek, landmark New York City hotel that was built in 2000 and soars 44 stories above Manhattan. This upscale, full-service, 100% non-smoking, contemporary hotel is located on famous 42nd Street in the heart of Times Square, and is surrounded by Broadway theaters, lively nightlife, New York City’s best shopping and many restaurants and bars. Boasting a Modernistic façade and sweeping vistas of New York City’s famous skyline and the Hudson River, the hotel has been recently renovated and is the perfect hotel choice for business and leisure travelers seeking modern amenities while staying in the Big Apple’s best location.Hilton Times Square offers 460 of the largest standard size guestrooms in Midtown Manhattan, with spectacular panoramic views and high-end amenities. These spacious guestrooms have been recently renovated, start on the 23rd floor and are over 330 square feet. Deluxe guestrooms begin on the 33rd floor. All guestrooms are luxuriously appointed in soothing sand tones, 46-inch LED flat screen televisions, laptop size safe, and more. Additional amenities and services are available upon request. Also the Hilton Times Square hotel in New York include: -Over 5000 square feet of meeting space with city views-Restaurant Above, the hotel's Zagat-rated restaurant, is perched 21 stories above Times Square in the hotel lobby and offers notable American cuisine fused with fresh ingredients.-Pinnacle Bar is also located in the hotel lobby and overlooks Times Square.-Evening room service.-24-hour Fitness Center.-24-hour full service, automated Business Center.-Full-service Concierge desk, valet dry cleaning and valet parking available on 41st Street. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Southall Travel and Hilton Hotels Direct so you can book your Hilton Times Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Times Square Hotel New York City
- Hilton Hotel Times Square
- Hilton New York City
- New York City Hilton