“Family Trip to NYC”

Ranked #105 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Atlanta, Georgia
“Family Trip to NYC”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

We stayed here to give our two boys (age 7 and 8) their first exposure to Times Square and NYC. Great location, walked to Spider Man on Broadway and several other sights. Concierge was extremely helpful with planning kids activities and discount passes. We had a blast!

Room Tip: Higher floor
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank chf3
Lynell L, Manager at Hilton Times Square, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Dear Chf3,

Thank you for choosing to spend your family vacation with us. We appreciate your positive feedback. I hope to welcome you back to our property in the near future.

lynell.lovett@htsnewyork.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,374)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

My family of 4 stayed here for 3 nights in July. With 2 double beds the room still felt large. It was very clean and the beds were beyond comfortable. The best nights sleep I had in a long time. While Times Square itself is very loud, inside the room it was perfectly quite. The location is convenient for the subway or bus. Downsides: 1.) lack of free Wifi. 2.) continental breakfast is not included. Honestly, for $300+ a night they could throw in a bagel.

Stayed July 2014
3 Thank H W
Dear H W,

Thank you for your review of your recent visit with us. I am truly glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate your comments and look forward to seeing next time you're in town!

Lincoln, Massachusetts
Reviewed 25 July 2014

On this first-time stay, I found the Hilton Times Square to strike a wonderful balance between centrality to the action in Times Square and the quietness of a high-rise hotel that actually is elevated more than 20 stories above 42nd Street. The view from even a basic room was good for a New York hotel, and the size and layout of the room lacked the cramped feeling I have in many New York hotel rooms. I could easily see becoming a regular here.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Michael K,

Thank you for posting a 5 star review of your recent stay. We realize that there are many options for you to choose from and I hope you give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations and provide the excellent service you have come to expect from Hilton.

Pleasanton, California
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

Large rooms are rare near Times Square, so it was great to get a large comfortable room, which, surprisingly was also very quiet.

The staff was friendly and helpful. The doorman was great at getting cabs and arranged for limo to EWR.

The only disappointing thing was the lack of places to sit and chat. Large number of tables were reserved for table service, but were empty. Finally, we landed up sitting at one of them and ordering coffee.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear SKG109,

Thank you for sharing your experiences with us. We greatly appreciate this feedback. We hope to have you stay with again.

Harrisville, Rhode Island
Reviewed 24 July 2014

The hotel is in a great area. Once I made the reservations using my Hilton points, I received a very nice e-mail from the Front Office Manager Chad Nathan. He ask me to let him know if I had any request, needs or concerns that he might help me with and was looking forward to greeting us upon arrival.
I did ask if possible early check in and a King bed instead of the Queen standard room.
He did not promise but would do his best.
When we arrived at 11:30 am we were told no rooms till 3pm by a male clerk. I did not ask for Chad at that point. I received a e-mail from Chad at 11:44 am stating room was ready and had King bed.
We went back to front desk gave them my confirmation numbers (2 rooms one for my daughter)
They said my rooms were ready, I ask to see Chad to thank him. The clerk went to office to get him, he came out introduced himself my husband tried to tip him for all his help. He would not take it! The hotel was having a charity fund for children and he mentioned if we were interested we could donate. We thanked him and chatted for a few minutes about what would be nice to see on our stay and he gave us great ideas. We could not believe how great the customer service was and the rooms were upgraded to executive rooms! The view was super, rooms were very comfortable , clean and modern. We (my daughter and son-in- law and husband)all enjoyed ourselves and I would definitely stay at the Hilton Time Square again. The location was excellent, The breakfast was wonderful and all so fresh. It was so pleasant to deal with just a wonderful manager like Chad. The waiters were great at breakfast and housekeeping were so good. If I had to mention anything negative it would be the female clerk who I checked out with, she did not have any patients and was not so pleasant. I might just have asked her too many questions. Thanks for great rooms and service. We will be back soon.

Room Tip: All rooms are great
1 Thank delicia_10
Dear Dlicia_10,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay. Feedback such as yours is a vital element to the success of our hotel. Thank you for acknowledging Chad, a true hospitality professional. Our number one goal is to give our guests a perfect 10 experience and it is staff members such a Chad who allow us to make that happen. I hope your future travels bring you back to us.

nashville tn.
Reviewed 24 July 2014

This hotel is in a great location if you want to take in a couple of shows. The staff could not have been more helpful, but two things keep this property from a five rating. First the lobby is on the 15 floor so there's one elevator ride. Then another elevator needs to be taken to the room. Not major but a little annoying. Next the bathroom didn't have any space around the sink to put toiletries. My wife took the first shower and when she came out she said you are not going to be impressed. I wasn't. Not the worst water pressure I've encountered, but it ranks in the bottom 20%. I might give the Hilton a pass on this room, because this might have been a handicapped room, and regular rooms might be different. All in all I would stay here again.

Room Tip: If you don't need a handicapped room as we didn't ask to change.
Dear BoblNashvilleTn_,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay. I’m glad you had such positive experience during your stay with us and you enjoyed the location. We really appreciate this feedback. We look forward to having you back with us.

Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Stayed for 4 nights over 4th of July weekend. Nice rooms, well located in the middle of times square. Rodney the doorman was particularly helpful. Girlfriend and I had tickets to Newsies at the Nederlander Theatre, located about 1 1/2 blocks east of the hotel. Greeted by a driving rain storm at the exit of the hotel. Rodney gave us his umbrella, walked in the rain with us to the theater, then walked back to the hotel. Service rarely experienced.

1 Thank LOUIE S
Dear LOUIE S,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences at our property. Rodney is truly one of our top hospitality professionals. He will be happy to know he had such a positive impact on your stay. I hope your future travels bring you back to the Hilton Times Square.