Sofitel New York
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
The Iroquois New York(New York City)
  • Restaurant
City Club Hotel(New York City)
  • Bar/Lounge
The Mansfield(New York City)
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
6,835 results
All reviewsthe red flame dinergaby restaurantnew yorktimes squarechrysler buildingseparate showerroom serviceturn down servicebryant parkfifth avenuelate checkgrand central stationhigh floorbottle of champagnequiet streetrockefeller centerfantastic hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 June 2012

We spent a week at the Sofitel New York and really enjoyed the location, room and staff. The restaurants surrounding are outstanding and it's really close to great shopping on 5th Ave

Room Tip: We stayed on the top floor room 2922 that included a great view of the Empire State.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 June 2012

New York has fantastic hotels if you are willing to spend $750 or more per night. Finding a mid priced hotel room in Manhattan that isn't a coat closet with a bed jammed in it is a challenge. Here is the answer. Nicely appointed large (by NYC standards) rooms are only the beginning. This hotel is perfectly located on 44th between 5th and 6th Avenues. A quieter street so traffic noise is at a minimum. A gracious staff that attends to your needs with kindness and attention to detail. Most importantly though, this Sofitel makes the best cup of coffee you will ever have anywhere. The coffee alone is worth a trip to New York.

Room Tip: Higher is always better in NYC
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 June 2012

We have spent 5 days in the hotel with a group of friends / colleges. Honestly we didn't spend much time in a hotel but I can say, that hotel is nice, comfortable and does not give you a filling, that you are spending time in very big hotel.

Breakfast area is perfect and gives you a touch of France in middle of NY. Stuff is friendly and help you organize eventual events or visits.

I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 June 2012

We stayed for four nights to celebrate a special birthday. On arrival we had our room upgraded & on my birthday a plate with cake & strawberries was delivered to our room. A lovely touch ... The room itself was lovely with a good view. You can't better the location as well - walking distance to a lot of sights but still quiet. Can thoroughly recommend staying here.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 June 2012

I booked my room online from the sofitel website.

WHAT I LIKED:

1.Convenient location and access and away from the hustle and bustle of Times Square/Broadway.
Grand Central Station – about 5-7 minutes walk
Broadway/Times Square – about 5-10 minutes walk
Duana Reade / Starbucks – just around the corner
Irish pubs, restaurants, cafes – within 5 minutes

2. Elegant hotel, furnishing, decor and ambience.
Free Wif in room.
Free use of PCs, internet, and printer in lobby

3. Spacious and clean room and bathroom with cosy lighting, plush thick towels , bathtub (but no bidet)
Comfortable bed but found the pillow too soft
L’Occitane toiletries (although they were smaller than other hotel’s standard size toiletries)

4. Friendly and helpful front desk, bell hops
One of whom even helped me find out the score of the football game between France and Sweden

5. Hassle free check in /out
Late check-out at 2pm

DISAPPOINTED WITH:
1. No reply to my email enquiry when i used the email address found on the sofitel website. Had to use another email address found on their Facebook site.
2. Didnt get my request for room with Chrysler Bldg – got room facing a neighbouring building
3. Broken ice machine and housekeeping response. I was informed by the housekeeping staff to get the ice from the 10th floor as there was an ice machine there. I would have thought that the staff could have wow-ed me by offering to get the ice for me.
4. Outdated information regarding Planet Hollywood. When seeking for family restaurants, the front desk suggested Planet Hollywood among other restaurants. While walking there, I saw that restaurant was closed for renovations (at least for some time.)
5. Ordinary turn-down service . Two small bottles of Evian water were provided although there were 3 of us registered as guests in the room. Also, no written notification that they were complimentary.

Although I was out of the hotel most of the time and didn’t use the hotel’s services, overall, my stay was pleasant, enjoyable and relaxing. I would recommend this hotel if you do not paying slightly more for your room.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank vinz20
Management response:Responded 26 June 2012

Dear Guest,

We are delighted that you had a great experience at Sofitel New York. Our goal is to always exceed our guests’ expectation and we thank you for taking the time to share your story.
We regret that you experienced some issues of different nature, we are sincerely sorry that those points did not reflect the high standards that we set for our hotel. Our goal is to always exceed our guests’ expectations. We value your comments and we will take whatever steps we can to correct the problem.
Again, please accept our apologies.
We hope that you will consider staying at Sofitel New York again so that we may show you the gracious hospitality and superb service for which we are known around the world.

Jorge Tito