Sofitel New York
Room Mate Grace(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$216
US$185
Room Mate Hotels
  • Pool
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
US$191
US$139
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness centre
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$185
US$157
  • Room Service
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$200
US$170
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness centre
The Westin New York Grand Central(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$382
US$350
  • Room Service
Soho Grand Hotel(New York City)
US$440
US$323
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$312
US$278
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$383
US$250
Official Site
  • Room Service
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$188
US$148
  • Restaurant
Archer Hotel New York(New York City)
US$334
US$298
Agoda.com
6,879 results
All reviewsthe red flame dinergaby restaurantnew yorktimes squarechrysler buildingseparate showerroom serviceturn down servicebryant parkfifth avenuelate checkgrand central stationhigh floorbottle of champagnequiet streetrockefeller centerfantastic hotel
Reviewed 28 November 2013

Ok, here it is. I have to admit it. I went to NYC just to see Bryan Adams at Carnegie Hall this weekend, so the hotel was the least of my worries... But either way wanted to stay in style so my partner and I booked the Sofitel on 44th Street. is the first time i stayed in that hotel in NYC, i usually stay at the Marriott Marquis, but it was a nice change.

The Lobby and the reception are very classy and fancy, and is super well located. The rooms are a bit small, but ok for New York standards. I still get upset at the fact that designers and architects do not pay too much attention to electrical sockets... I am freak about it as you may have seen in my previous reviews... I travel with two iphones and 1 ipad.. i need to charge them... so i had to distribute them around the whole room, including the bathroom because on my side of the bed there was no socket. I know, it sucks. Either way, the hotel is very nice. The bathroom is big and cosy, it has a nice shower and a bathtub. The closet space is a bit small and there are no drawers to fold clothes, so i used my night table, as there is never enough hangers. But it really did not bother me that much.

The decoration of the hotel is very nice, i think it was worth every penny in that sense.

The staff is very french and newyorker, so you can expect anything. Some good, some really trying hard to be good, others don't care... but its NYC.

Only sad note of all, when we checked out, the lady at the reception, by mistake, threw my partner´s phone in the marmor floor... and the screen broke, like really shattered glass. The lady was very embarrassed and kept saying she had to do something... but from saying it never got back to actually doing something... and we couldn't wait as our taxi was waiting outside to take us to JFK. So we lost our phone. Surely hope they inform the manager and he contacts us to offer a new phone.

However, inspite of the iphone incident, i truly recommend it, its a nice, quiet, classy hotel. If you can pay it, go for it.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
GMOffices, General Manager at Sofitel New York, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Sofitel New York on your recent visit to the city and for taking the time to share your experience. We are delighted to know that you had a pleasant stay with us.

We have taken note of your comments regarding the electrical sockets and we trust that you enjoy the new phone we have provided.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon and hope that your next visit will be as pleasing as the previous one.

Yours sincerely,
Sofitel New York Team

Reviewed 27 November 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Sofitel.com
GMOffices, General Manager at Sofitel New York, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

An Accor traveller
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 26 November 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 26 November 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
GMOffices, General Manager at Sofitel New York, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

Reviewed 25 November 2013

I travel to New York 3 or 4 times a year for short business trips and now I always stay at the Sofitel. First, the rooms are large unlike so many New York hotels, and comfortably furnished, the beds are especially good, after an 8 hour flight you need something to help you sleep. As always it was spotlessly clean when I arrived. I use room service especially on my first night as I generally arrive around 10pm. It's fast and efficient though daily specials would be nice. The staff are friendly, courteous and efficient. Top marks for a great hotel that hits all the spots.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank DavidHammondLondon
GMOffices, General Manager at Sofitel New York, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay again and again with us at the Sofitel New York on your recent visit to the city and for taking the time to share your experience. We are delighted to know that you had a pleasant stay with us and that you enjoyed our quiet property, the amenities we offer and our staff professionalism.

We wish you a very nice stay at the Sofitel Chicago and we look forward to welcoming you again soon at Sofitel New York. It will be our pleasure to have another opportunity to show you the gracious hospitality and superb service for which we are known throughout the world.

Sofitel New York Team