1. We arrived after a long trip with two hours to spare to meet friends from NYC and Miami for an engagement party. After 2 minutes in our room it was obvious there was a bathroom malfunction which is best not described in too much detail. All we wanted to do was shower and get dressed for our social function. Instead during the first 60 mins in our room we had a plumber in the bathroom trying to fix the problem. We were not offered another room and we had no privacy. The "fix" was obviously only temporary because the next day the malfunction returned !! Same fiasco .. the plumber came back and spent another hour in our bathroom, and we had to go through the same embarrassing inconvenience. For "recompense " we were given a fruit bowl and a cheap bottle of bubbles.
2. The website homepage is, at best, misleading, and, at worst, deceptive. It creates the impression there is a rooftop bar .. but it is actually a private patio of a hotel room! We asked a staff member at the concierge desk how to find the rooftop bar. He gave a wry smile ! ... saying, "Sir, you are not the only one to ask this question, at least every day people ask the same question"!! He was very polite but clearly implied many guests feel duped by this misleading advertising. Incredibly, as we finished speaking to this staff member, another man came to ask the very same question ! We reported it to another staff member at the reception desk and she too concurred this was a problem and several guests had complained, to her knowledge. She said she would ask the management to change the website homepage, but as you will see ... it is still the same ! It is a bit of a nerve.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The ultimate in comfort and convenience, this thirty-story building in midtown Manhattan-a contemporary statement in limestone and glass-is just a stone's throw from Fifth Avenue. The modern-day traveler will enjoy the amenities on offer at this fine establishment, set within easy reach of Manhattan's most celebrated attractions. These include Times Square, Broadway theaters, world-famous restaurants, famous boutiques, art museums and corporate headquarters. Good access to transportation links. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Ctrip TA, ACCOR, Priceline, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HRS so you can book your Sofitel New York reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel New York Hotel New York City
- Sofitel New York City
- New York City Sofitel