“Good Food, Great Ambience”

No photo provided
Cuisines: Italian
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Upper East Side
Cross street: 82nd
Description: Gina la Fornarina is an authentic Italian restaurant featuring specialty pizza and a thin and crispy focaccias filled with delicious ingredients mostly imported from Italy, and when it is possible, organic. Pasta from all regions of Italy and delicious salads are a big part of our menu, but do not forget our daily specials, where we feature delicious fish and seasonal ingredients in our recipes We have a liquor bar and great wines; make sure you try our antipasto platter with a bottle of wine or a carafe of our famous Sangria di Capri made with crispy pinot grigio and fresh fruit. We are always looking for the best quality & value so that we can offer our customers great products at the best price in a very welcoming ambiance. We would love to help you celebrate your next event: at Gina we offer great party at a very smart rate.
Reviewed 9 December 2013

we were hungry few hours before the end of our day trip to nyc on 1st nov 2013.

i told my partner that we should eat at wherever that looks nice since we were already in the east side area. the waiters were friendly, and there was quite a crowd also. we had the pizza with cheese and mushrooms and their spaghetti. taste was nice although presentations left room for improvements. portions were big and price was not bad. still, our waiter tried his best to accommodate us despite the crowd.

would come back again if i end up in the east side.

Reviewed 24 May 2013

The food has always been good the couple times that I have been to this restaurant. The issue that I have is every time I try to order something on the menu without a particular ingredient I am told that everything is pre-prepared. I'm not really a fan of a restaurant not making my food fresh and to order. It can really limit the menu items if you have allergies or food intolerances. The last time I was there was on Mother's Day and their cappuccino machine was down, for an Italian restaurant that's not a good thing.

Reviewed 19 January 2013

Nice looking family restaurant in the upper east side. Good service but the food is average. My dinner was returned because it was cold. Nothing worse than cold Italian food. I wouldn't go back. Cold Lasagna ! Sorry. They heated it up. Thanks.

1  Thank B W
Reviewed 6 September 2012 via mobile

Sat night dinner here where I tried the pizza with cheese and mushrooms. Turned out fairly bland with ok crust (not as crispy as I like). Shared some white sangria which we all liked. Other dishes (a pasta special and a lasagna) were similarly just ok- nobody raved about the food. However our waiter was great and the atmosphere (on the street tables) was lively. All in all ok, but probably won't go back there for the food.

1  Thank jowelsh
Reviewed 29 April 2012

Went here with a friend when we couldn't get into our first choice. They pride themselves on their homemade pasta, which is what we had. I had originally wanted lasagna but the waiter suggested getting something with fresh pasta instead. Can't say I could tell the difference. Not sure why but this place didn't click for me. Several tables with a group of young ladies celebrating ... Maybe I'm just too old to appreciate it.