“Miami in NYC”

Ranked #576 of 13,820 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Cuban, Latin, Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Chelsea
Description: Coppelia is a 24 hour luncheonette located in West Village that serves Cuban and Latin comfort food. It is owned by celebrity Chef Julian Medina.
New York City, New York
“Miami in NYC”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

This is a piece of Miami/South Beach right here in NYC. Food good, very good for Cuban, atmosphere the best, service better than Miami. BIG plus open 24/7.

Visited May 2014

Stockholm, Sweden
“Amazingly good food from Latin / Cuban kitchen”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Great service and good, somewhat noisy and cheerful atmosphere. Tip: pick a variety of dishes and share! We had both fish and meat dishes and were not disappointed with anything.

Visited May 2014
Toronto
“Outstanding food, outstanding service, outstanding value”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I had been wanting to return to Coppelia for dinner since I had a wonderful brunch there about a year ago. Despite having to travel in the rain to get there it was worth the effort and certainly represents an unheralded value for casual dining in NYC.

The atmosphere is like a high end diner. Not intimidating at all. The effect allows people to relax and let lose yet the food is excellent. I love a place where you can relax and be yourself yet still have an excellent meal. In my opinion there just aren't enough places like this in any city.

I was greeted pleasantly despite the packed atmosphere and was seated right away. I order a Matador from the drink menu and it was outstanding. A blend of tequila, pineapple juice and cucumber it was refreshing but with a hot kick on the end. My only wish would to know the recipe so I could have one at home on a hot day.

I then ordered the soft shell crab taco's from the specials. Just wonderful. Rich flavours blended with the right amount of fresh ingredients to make them both fuelling and refreshing. I could have ordered another dozen but decided to wait for my main.

I ordered the skirt steak and it did not disappoint. Although it was a bit tough to cut it had a firm texture and the spicing was just fabulous. Everything on the plate was spicy and satisfying. Delicious from first bite to last. I was completely full by the end of the meal.

Overall I'm so glad I went there for dinner and can't wait to return to NYC so that I can go there again.

• Visited May 2014
“Delicious Food”
Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

Excellent and friendly service. Had a Mother's Day with family with no wait time, nice music and comfortable sitting. A must stop when in New York.

New York City, New York
“Oxtail Empanada”
Reviewed 26 April 2014

WOW when I saw the about the Oxtail empanda I mean auwwww nasty lol but me friend ate before and ask me to order because he wanted.

Well OMG it was so delicious I never imagine the amazing taste. Then Miguel also prepared a nice Mojito so delicious, so he was preparing some coctails and we were so lucky because we were allow to tasted.

Very quiet simple place no fancy but excellent service very homy

• Visited April 2014