“Great food”

Cuisines: American, Diner
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

This place had yummy food and good service!:):):) it had delicious eggs and a nice freshly squeezed orange juice;) :)

Reviewed 19 June 2014

I've been to other restaurants in NY, including one that has won awards for their Mac N' Cheese... That place doesn't compare to the Market Diner's offering and rendition of their own Mac N' Cheese. There is a reason why it is the first item on the menu!

The burgers are great as well with a decent amount of options. However, I'm not necessarily a burger guy per se. On the other hand, I love fries, and the Disco Fries are an excellent appetizer/ side plate (especially with gravy and cheese on top).

Similarly, the coffee is pretty good and fresh compared to other diners.

On the pricing aspect, I'd say you have a great portion to price value and you definitely get a good ol' bang for your buck!

1  Thank Karl T
Reviewed 12 June 2014

It was a great value because our friends took us to their favorite restaurant and paid for it. Our food was very good and the service was tremendous. I can see why this is a local favorite.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

We came across this place on our way to the Intrepid Air, Sea and Space Museum it's on the corner of 43rd and 11th and what a find - an authentic American Diner in NYC.
We had a booth which was spacious and comfortable, the iced water arrived in an instant as did the coffee which was very good (and bottomless - always a novelty to us Brits). The breakfast menu is extensive and cheap - I had the veggie omelette, my husband the eggs benedict and our son went for the pancakes, the food was fresh, hot and tasty. The portions are huge so we did not need lunch on either day that we ate here.
The diner was busy with locals and tourists - I definitely recommend this if you are in the neighbourhood.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

If you're looking for good food at reasonable prices over by 11th Avenue, the Market Diner is a good place to eat. The service is friendly and the menu has almost every type of dish you could want. Try their pies which are very tasty and the salads were big and fresh. Overall, this was a good value place to eat in this area.