“Horrible shop--don't stand behind products- don't buy anything there”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
LaCrasia Gloves and Creative Accessories
Ranked #269 of 816 Shopping in New York City
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Horrible shop--don't stand behind products- don't buy anything there”
Reviewed 26 April 2011

I purchased an expensive wallet that I began using in January. Within 2 months the strap broke. I brought it back, with the recepit, and requested they send it to the manufacturer, as Hobo is a good company that stands behind their products. They refused--were horribly rude, accused me of using the wallet too much (!), and finally agreed to leave it for the owner to deal with. The owner called to say she had sent it for a repair. She did not even bother to check with the manufacturer, her supplier. Everytime I went to the store, she was unavailable. Finally, they called to say the bag was repaired. Needless to say, the repair job was sloppy and terrible-the seam was now exposed and the stitches were uneven. Their reaction--that's tough, we think it's fine. They could have cared less about customer service-all the way from the store clerks to the owner, shockingly. Frustrated, I called HOBO and they were lovely. They explained that my bag had a one year warranty, and that by the store fixing it on their own the warranty was void. However, given how much trouble I had with the store, they were kind enough to replace the bag.
I had spent many hundreds of dollars at LaCrasia, but I will never shop there again, nor will my friends and family. When I told the owner that I she was losing me as a customer, her response was basically well there is nothing that I can do. Essentially she contended that the bag was "well used" (it is in mint condition other than the broken strap), and that she didn't care if I never shopped there again--she said "well if I have lost you already then there is no reason to talk to you." I was really stunned. I have never been treated so rudely by any shop keeper ever. I strongly recommend to steer the other way, no matter how tempting the convenience of Grand Central is.

Visited March 2011
3 Thank NAB213

Ft. Lauderdale
“Unique”
Reviewed 27 October 2010

I just happened by while in NYC and found two cute and unique hats. There were about three clutches I wanted to take too, but I resisted. I'm still longing for one of them... I'll certainly shop there again next time I find myself in NYC!

“I am from Austin and travel to New York...”
Reviewed 11 September 2010

I am from Austin and travel to New York at times. LaCrasia is my favorite shop per sq ft than anywhere else in the City. It's small but packed full of great stuff. I have never purchased a hat there but I have purchased a lot of specialty hair clips and beautiful scarfs.
In fact- I came to New York this last week to visit a sick friend who is in Vassar hospital in Pokepsy(sic) and am headed into the city for a day. I am going straight there as soon as I arrive at Grand Central. Hope it's still open. I called there today and got a busy signal. Don't know if that is good or bad.

Iowa
“The most fabulous velvet gloves”
Reviewed 10 March 2010

Five years ago, I stumbled into a Holiday Market at Grand Central Station and paid $25 for a beautiful pair of stretch velvet gloves with a very abstract design. I have received more comments about these gloves than any accessory I've ever owned. They are still beautiful, they wash easily and I've since purchased five or six pair to give as gifts. I wish LaCrasia had a website -- but, oh well, I guess its a reason for me to visit New York City!!

Connecticut
“A Little Treasure”
Reviewed 23 September 2008

I could not disagree with the other reviewer more! La Crasia is a wonderful little store with a creat selection of gloves, scarves and hats. I make it a point to visit every time I am in NYC, and I alomst always buy something. I have never been disappointed with the quality or the service - and you won't either!