7,492 results
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 June 2018

The pics on there website are deceiving. Nothing looks like the pics on there website. This place should be shut down.checking in took forever. I give it a zero on every category. Hotel was rundown and old,dirty,smelly. The sink in bathroom was un attach plus carpet look dirty.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank pgarcia3709
Alfredo I, Manager at Hotel Pennsylvania, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate the feedback and will utilize this to better the experience for our future guests. Thank you once again and hope you have a great day!

Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

So, what is my verdict. I have no complaints. I knew what I was paying for. I have a feeling that the days of this hotel are numbered. So, those of you who want to visit NYC for sightseeng - hurry up! All major Manhattan attractions and famous places are in walk distance. If you do not want to walk, transit system in NUC is at hand's reach, though subway is pretty much matching 2* hotel Pennsylvania. Same "luxury". But the price of the public transportation is very affordable.
I can't help waiting to see what they will build instead the old Penn hotel. Oh, yes, they will! Not sure how soon... I wanted to write more detailes, but reached the site limits.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. We are happy to hear that you had a good stay. Hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

I stayed here for 4 nights in June.
The best thing about this place is the location. That’s it. That’s all.
Let’s talk about the hotel.
It took us 2 hours to check in. There were 2 people to check us in. While checking in we had to pay an extra $75 for service charges. When I said I refused to pay I was told I wouldn’t get my key! She couldn’t explain what service charges were.
The hallways are dim and the carpets dirty. It smells dusty. The room doors are old and the paint is falling off.
Inside the room the paint was hanging off. There were bubbles where the ceiling had leaked. My bed was broken. In the bathroom the bath was all chipped.
The aircon was held together with tape.
I’m asking you to avoid this hotel. Please. It’s awful and spoilt my holiday.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank vix556

Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

Everytime I come to New York I stay at this hotel and I'm never disappointed. This time I came in with a group of friends for a festival in Brooklyn and by the time I got to the hotel it was late but the staff was extremely polite and accommodating. My room was very clean and for being in the center of New York City the noise is minimal. I find the prices to be beyond reasonable for the location (right across from Penn station and Madison square garden AND little Korea yuuuum), the cleanliness, and the great staff! Will continue to keep this hotel as my number one choice for future stays!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends

Reviewed 20 June 2018

I have been in hotels all over the world and the Hotel Pennsylvania may be the worst hotel in the civilized world.

Start with check-in, you will be in line for 45 min to an hour. They had 1 person checking people in at 5:30 in the evening.

I was given free breakfast vouchers but the line to get to the trough stretched through the lobby. I was there in business so I did not have the luxury to stand around in line for an hour.

The room is something out of a horror film. There are no decorations, the walls have scrapes and holes in them, the tub was so badly damaged it looked like a body was chopped up in it. The bed, used to be a bed at somepoint, but now was just a mess of old springs. My trash can still had used condoms in it from the previous guests.

The toilet seat was broken, and after several calls to the front desk I decided to fix it myself with gorilla glue.

The room had one window facing a brick wall.

All and all I would rather have slept under the Brooklyn Bridge than stay at this dump.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business