“Best hotel in NYC”

Hotel 48LEX New York
Ranked #63 of 469 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 14 September 2013

What a fantastic hotel! My boyfriend and I stayed here for 8 days whilst visiting NYC. The Hyatt made our stay, the staff were so helpful and friendly and the rooms were so clean and comfortable.

We came and went as we pleased and never received bad service in eight days. They were very accommodating and on our last day we checked out at 10am and they were more than happy to look after our bags for us until we got our flight at 3pm.

Opposite is a fantastic place for breakfast/brunch and lots close by, the staff are very happy to pass on local knowledge and we are returning next year and will be staying again.

Can't recommend the Hyatt 48 Lex enough!

Only slight complaint would be that I had to pay for Wifi but that was it :)

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Brian T, Manager at Hotel 48LEX New York, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2013

Couldnt have said it better myself, we strive to be hotel of choice while traveling to NYC!

BT

Reviewed 8 September 2013

The Hyatt 48 Lex provided me with an excellent experience from start to finish. The staff was super professional, from Sherone at check-in to the housekeeping staff. I appreciate their attention to detail and the consistency that they offer; this was my second visit to the property and it was another great stay. I love the amenities from the Lexicon Lounge to the quality appliances in the room (i.e. the stainless steel dishwasher, microwave, and refrigerator). I also love the welcoming touches they provide, like the welcome with your name on the television screen in your room when you arrive and the pleasant music playing in the background. The television is quality with great station offerings (including HGTV, Bravo, National Geographic, etc.). What can I say...I really enjoy the property and hope that they continue to take good care of it and maintain it over the years.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo

Thank you for posting your feedback on tripadvisor - It was a pleasure having you.

Brian Twomey

Reviewed 8 September 2013

48 Lex is a great choice in Midtown! We spent three nights and were very pleased. Staff was attentive and professional. Rooms were large by NYC standards with beautiful modern furnishings. The check in area is small but I think it was a plus because the lounge on the second floor rather than adjacent to reception added to the privacy. The lounge has a coffee / expression machine which is a great. We had no problems with noise at at all. Great location, value and design. Would definitely recommend to friends.

Room Tip: Sign up for Hyatt's frequent traveler program and might be able to upgrade to a higher floor if...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Greetings from Hyatt 48! Thanks for your review.

BT

Reviewed 8 September 2013

Hyatt 48 Lex is like no other Hyatt hotel we had stayed at before. It has a modern design, albeit with a very relaxed atmosphere. Our ninth-floor room was quiet and spacious, and nicely appointed with a small bar, fridge and microwave oven. Spotless bathroom was again spacious and purposefully laid with plenty of soft, clean towels. The lack of free Wi-Fi was easily compensated for by offering some of the best TV programming we had so far. A pleasant lounge on secon floor served complimentary goodies every day. The other thum-up goes to the location, which I can easily describe as a premium one. It is within easy walking distance to some major attractions as well as to the Metro station on 51st Street. There aro also plenty of opportunities in the area for refreshments and good dinning.
Finally, our highest praise goes out to the wonderful Hyatt staff. They made our four-night stay at this hotel especially pleasant.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your 5 star review! Look forward to welcoming you back.

Best,

Brian Twomey

Reviewed 3 September 2013

I am a long time SPG (starwood hotels) member and wanted to try out a nicer Hyatt in NYC for a weekend getaway with my fiance after getting platinum status with Hyatt. I loved the hotel - great location, great front desk staff, great modern rooms with an extensive minibar. They even allowed early check-in once the room was available and called me! That perk along with the late 2PM checkout was very nice to have. The small room size I expected for NYC, what I didn't expect was the noise I would have to deal with during my entire stay. I specifically asked for a higher floor to be away from the street noise. Unfortunately I was next to a room with extremely loud guests that were screaming and laughing until 3AM - including the elevator area. I had to call the front desk to complain and they already knew about the situation. This occurred the second night as well. The other noise which I didn't expect while trying to take an afternoon nap was a drilling noise in the floor above me (21st FL). The guests' obnoxious behavior is not the fault of the staff, but the drilling noise could have been avoided. Loved the hotel and staff (Tom & Jose), but the experience was not what I expected. We also ate lunch at the Lexington Brass, food was average and overpriced.

Again, great hotel and staff, but the guests next door and the noises ruined the experience.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Brian T, Front Office Manager at Hotel 48LEX New York, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2013

Dear JY1129,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with valuable feedback! We are very happy to hear that you had a good experience and interaction with our Hyatt 48 Lex team. I'm sorry that you had a bad experience with the noise issues you had during your stay. We are glad you chose to stay with us and hope to see you again in the future! Please feel free to reach out to me when you are planning your next getaway in NYC for any special requests, questions, or concerns.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Room was far more spacious than the Marriott across the street.
Not to mention that the design factor was far nicer.
A lovely modern yet cozy feel in this very comfortable room.
Room service was delightful and the breakfast menu also out does the competition.
Very small lobby but very nice lounge and connected bar/restaurant.
Convenient location all around.
Well worth it!
Highly recommend.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business

Dear DShannonL,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your kind words and valuable feedback. We are glad that you enjoyed our amenities as well as the convenience of our location. Please feel free to reach out to me directly if you are planning a future trip to NYC, I'd be more than glad to assist you!

Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

Location is great in the center of manhattan where Times Square is on your left and Central Park is on your right
Newly renovated rooms with an amazing lounge area on the second floor
Lobby size is the only negative aspect for this hotel

• Stayed: November 2012

Dear Hamodi H,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay as well as our Lexicon Lounge. We hope that you will choose to stay with us in the future and please feel free to reach out to me for any questions, concerns, or requests in any future stays with us!

Best Regards,